Getting unfrozen - How long did it take?

Saxen

Hey all!

Some of you might remember me from a while ago, I used to be very active on Neo and TDN :) Unfortunately about 18 months ago I got frozen for cheating and I pretty much immediately left Neopets. I wrote a very detailed ticket and posted various things in there from me and other people about why it was total hogwash, but I was so upset I couldn't continue on another account - I'd worked way too hard to start all over again.

I found myself getting a bit teary this evening thinking about how lovely it was on here around December and how it made me feel like I was in a proper community, so I added an extra message to my ticket in what I imagine is probably a vain hope.

I wondered if anyone here has been frozen before and how long it took to get your account back, if you did?

Hey all!

Some of you might remember me from a while ago, I used to be very active on Neo and TDN :) Unfortunately about 18 months ago I got frozen for cheating and I pretty much immediately left Neopets. I wrote a very detailed ticket and posted various things in there from me and other people about why it was total hogwash, but I was so upset I couldn't continue on another account - I'd worked way too hard to start all over again.

I found myself getting a bit teary this evening thinking about how lovely it was on here around December and how it made me feel like I was in a proper community, so I added an extra message to my ticket in what I imagine is probably a vain hope.

I wondered if anyone here has been frozen before and how long it took to get your account back, if you did?

It depends what you were frozen for. For cheating, I dont know of many that got their accounts back. I got my account back once when I self iced but I think thats the only time. However now it is much easier to get accounts back compared to 18 months ago

I doubt that TNT would give you your account back if their reason for freezing you was cheating, sorry. Apart from posting your situation on Neopets' Facebook page, there's not much you can do. In any case, I hope your ticket wasn't assigned to Rico; I realized that my childhood account had been hacked and sent in a ticket, but he closed it after many months without even a cursory explanation. Nevertheless, good luck!

I doubt that TNT would give you your account back if their reason for freezing you was cheating, sorry. Apart from posting your situation on Neopets' Facebook page, there's not much you can do. In any case, I hope your ticket wasn't assigned to Rico; I realized that my childhood account had been hacked and sent in a ticket, but he closed it after many months without even a cursory explanation. Nevertheless, good luck!

I was frozen for cheating, but had proof that my account was hacked, they just unfroze it. It took them 8 years to unfreeze it though. No I am stuck deciding if i want to use my old account as my main or my current one.

I was frozen for cheating, but had proof that my account was hacked, they just unfroze it. It took them 8 years to unfreeze it though. No I am stuck deciding if i want to use my old account as my main or my current one.

Congratulations on getting your account back! I can't imagine how happy you must have been after finally having it returned to you after eight years. I hope OP is as fortunate.

As an off topic note, I love your art! Your landscapes are beautiful.

Mine took about 8 months the first time, and two weeks the second time. It wasn't for cheating though - seemed to have been CGed the first time and an error the second time.

It's worth giving it another shot though! Never know what'll happen this time around.

Congratulations on getting your account back! I can't imagine how happy you must have been after finally having it returned to you after eight years. I hope OP is as fortunate.

As an off topic note, I love your art! Your landscapes are beautiful.

Thanks you very much, I have been working really hard over the past several months. Landscapes are a very unfamiliar area for me.

Best of luck to the OP for getting their account back, things have seemed to change for the better with the new ownership of neopets in the past year.