nicolelouise

Hi all,

I have an avatar question.  With the Wheel of Misfortune, the avatar is randomly awarded when you land on the sludge icon that turns an item in your inventory into a pile of sludge. 

I've landed on the pile of sludge twice now and both times it has told me that I'm lucky I have no items to turn into sludge.  The first time I had junk items in my inventory so that I didn't lose anything particularly precious, and I figured maybe it because they were all 'special' items with that 101 rarity.  So I made sure I had some 'normal' items that I still didn't care about in my inventory as well and it's still telling me that I have no items to turn into sludge.

Anyone got any clue what I'm doing wrong?  Or is this a glitch?  Anything???

Thanks in advance for any and all theories you may put forth.

I believe it is a glitch, but, unfortunately, I do not have much backing. I thought there was an editorial about it, in the Neopian Times, but I could not find it. JN mentions, "An item in your inventory is turned into a Pile of Sludge. Note: With the inventory overhaul this appears to be glitched and you may not lose any item." No reference as to when the inventory overhaul took place. As for the avatar, JN also states, "Wheel of Misfortune Random when landing on any spot on the Wheel of Misfortune. There is no message informing you that you have received the avatar, so check your Neoboard preferences." I know TDN states, "Land on the Pile of Sludge spot when spinning the Wheel of Misfortune external_link.gif and have an item get turned into sludge." So, there is some different info out there. I got the avatar a long time ago, so I do not remember. In either case, I believe it is still random, meaning random landing on any spot or random landing on "pile of sludge" spot. If the "pile of sludge" spot is glitched, not sure if the avatar is awarded or not. Sorry this isn't more helpful. Maybe posting on the "Avatars/NeoSignatures" board on Neopets or possibly asking in the Editorial. I understand TNT doesn't usually state how avatars are awarded, but they could possibly shed some light on this.

Hi,

I actually just got this one recently, probably about 2 months ago, so I don't think it's completely glitched. Although I did have the same issue. I ended up carrying about 45 items with me, just random daily stuff that isn't worth much, and it eventually worked. Spin as often as possible.

For myself, I'm still going for wheel of excitement, extravagance and knowledge. Good luck!

Yeah, I got it and I never had an item turn into sludge, so I think it is just random. As has been mentioned, you should check your avatars periodically because it's possible you could miss the message, I think that is what happened to me and I was still spinning the wheel after I got the avatar, I don't like to spin the wheels after I get the avatar.

Thanks for all that info, everyone.  I will go through my avvies and double check and if it's not there, I'll just keep spinning but with more stuff in my inventory.  And to answer Panthersclaw, no, I don't have a Pant Devil Attractor in my inventory.  TBH, I don't know what one looks like!  If I'm still having no luck, I'll go try the boards or ask it as an Editorial question.

EDIT:
So I've just checked over at my neoboard preferences and guess what?  It looks like I already have it!  And going by the long list of avatars after it, it looks like I got it ages ago!  *shakes head*  Go figure.  Thanks a lot, everyone, for all the advice.  Now I've just got to get all the other Wheels.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
The original topic is now answered and will be closed.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.