What happened to prizes for contests, competitions, and spotlights?

Neopets9738368

For the third time in a row, I haven't gotten a rare item for winning a contest. I have gotten a crappy one. This seems to be the pattern now. It still states that the prize is a rare item, but I havent received one for the last 3 submissions.

Is anyone else having these issues? I don't think it's just a string of bad luck: TNT used to give R 90 items as prizes. Today, I got a 10 dubloon coin. Something I can get from anchor management. NOT A RARE ITEM!

I wonder why they are being so stingy, or why it has changed.

Kinda makes me not want to put time into it and continue to submit stuff if they are not going to hold up their end and reward as advertised. If they have changed the prizes, they need to announce it.

This is certainly something I would suggest sending into the editorial. However quite a few TDNers have won paint brushes and other expensive items through competitions so it may just be a string of bad luck on your end. Hopefully they will reply with their thoughts and experiences.

If you haven't had any prize delivered, would submit a ticket about that though. :)

Yea I used to get paint brushes! And other awesome items....now? Nope. I got a codestone last time, and a 10 dubloon coin this time. Stuff I can get doing dailies, and not R90's items. I think it's time for an editorial.

I noticed it when TNT became more prompt in rewarding for these competitions a few months ago, as before it took them a while to reward.