This is nervewrecking for me

dasunciauncia

Hi guys, so today I finally decided to man up and actually create a tdn account and post something on the forum. I am a potato (I am also a grouch at times buticanthelpit)). I do nothing but potate on the internet (mostly neopets) and people view me as a prick... But I just don't know how to make conversations and I always mess things up. I haven't talk to a person other than my family for almost a month now.

Well, so I've been on neopets for a while and have been using tdn but has never really talked to anyone except for trading. I don't know if that counts or not but I wanna stop being a lonely, grouchy potato and actually have someone to talk to. So here I go:

Hi :D

Welcome, from one potato to another!

It was also pretty nerve-wracking for me to join the TDN forums, but everyone here is super nice, very helpful, and incredibly supportive. You honestly couldn't have picked a better community to join.

Welcome, from yet another internet spud! I struggle with responding to stranger's welcome threads, but as you struggled to create the thread I felt you deserved me getting over my issues, and replying. Hope signing up here helps you to talk to some other people, I know all about that lack of communication thing, so you taking that brave step to post on here is great, well done and hope you enjoy this nice little community. :D

Don't be afraid. I am the Queen of Awkward. yet here I am on Neopets and TDN because I can hide behind my computer screen. :3

Anyway, nice to meet you. Feel free to add me on Neo and if you're looking for a guild we have lots of nicely weird people in mine. At any rate, I'm new to TDN forums too! So welcome!

Hi and welcome :D I don't talk to people much either as I am extremely introverted and have anxiety issues. That is the great thing about TDN, everyone is really friendly, but also easy going, so it never feels overwhelming having to keep up with conversation or what have you. 

Don't worry about being awkward on the internet.  There's a reason we're all here.  I felt pretty awkward when I first started posting on TDN because it was the first forums I've been involved with.  I just set myself a goal of posting a response to something (anything) a few times a week even when it felt dumb and eventually it came more naturally.  Now I really enjoy being part of the conversations.  Welcome!