Games Master Challenge: Join Team Fire or Team Snow!

hrtbrk

Phew! I completed all of the challenges.  Didn't post yesterday, but I found myself playing Itchy Scratchy Invasion for about an hour and a half before getting the necessary score -- and I have a good mouse too.  The challenges today are not games that I consider myself to be good at.  My score for Ultimate Bullseye was a 6 before today.  I got a 72 now.  I guess I appreciate the GMC because I get to spend time playing games that I would have normally rage quit before.  That being said, some of the challenges can be really frustrating.  I get really into events and plots.  Neopets is meant to be fun, but I can drive myself a bit crazy with determination to do things really well.  If only I had that drive in other areas of my life!

I really just can't do Pterattack - I don't understand how you get powerups, or why I sometimes lose lives, or what to do when the Grrarl comes, or any of that. Normally I find the TDN game guides really helpful but it really wasn't helping me yesterday. And I absolutely HATE Ultimate Bullseye...will I be losing out on something other than the prizes for those individual games if I just don't complete them? This is my first GMC...is there like, a prize at the end for completing every challenge?

I completed the sending eight scores challenge and the nova defender challenge right away. The Edna's Shadow is going to take me sitting down and actively focusing on it to have the slightest chance of being successful. My high score is in the 300 range... 900 will be a steep effort. I'll have to try it later today.

I really just can't do Pterattack - I don't understand how you get powerups, or why I sometimes lose lives, or what to do when the Grrarl comes, or any of that. Normally I find the TDN game guides really helpful but it really wasn't helping me yesterday. And I absolutely HATE Ultimate Bullseye...will I be losing out on something other than the prizes for those individual games if I just don't complete them? This is my first GMC...is there like, a prize at the end for completing every challenge?

This is not my first GMC, but it's only my second and I was wondering the same thing.  Last year I had a lot more time available and I got everything completed on the day I was supposed to.  This year I'm already behind and we're only a couple of days in. 

What happens if I do manage to finish the challenges but not on the day they were issued?  What happens if I don't manage to get them finished?  My daughter is in the same boat, the only difference being I've not yet cried about it but she's at that age where everything is a drama and I just wish I had some concrete information to give her.  I can do without the tears!

This is not my first GMC, but it's only my second and I was wondering the same thing.  Last year I had a lot more time available and I got everything completed on the day I was supposed to.  This year I'm already behind and we're only a couple of days in. 

What happens if I do manage to finish the challenges but not on the day they were issued?  What happens if I don't manage to get them finished?  My daughter is in the same boat, the only difference being I've not yet cried about it but she's at that age where everything is a drama and I just wish I had some concrete information to give her.  I can do without the tears!

If you complete all challenges, even if they're not on the day of release you'll get the top trophy. At least that's how it was last year. I normally can't do all the games on day of release because of my busy schedule. Last year I completed them all and got the top trophy. The year before that I missed 2 challenges and got the second highest trophy. Just do your best and try to complete all the challenges. :)

Yesterday I had like 0 time to play any of the games. Took my girls out for the afternoon. We've all been getting a bit of cabin fever being cooped up. Today I should have a bunch of time and I'm hoping to get caught up on the games. :)

Edna's is so much worse than Pterattack was (I didn't think that was possible). XD

By the way, I think the TDN GMC guide only lists the fire challenge for the last one, because for Snow we have to send in scores for 8 different puzzle games ("A Real Puzzler").

Edna's is so much worse than Pterattack was (I didn't think that was possible). XD

By the way, I think the TDN GMC guide only lists the fire challenge for the last one, because for Snow we have to send in scores for 8 different puzzle games ("A Real Puzzler").

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll have it edited in a few minutes. :)

my HC in Edna's shadow was 620 or so .. after viewing a youtube walkthrough i played for about an hour and memorized the levels ... and i was able to get a score of 916 by the end of level 5 .. so it's doable ... 

I haven't had much trouble with the challenges until Edna's Shadow, and it's really frustrating :( The TDN guide is handy for general tips, but luckily someone directed me to a more in-depth guide for those that would like a little bit of extra help. Good luck to everyone!

I haven't had much trouble with the challenges until Edna's Shadow, and it's really frustrating :( The TDN guide is handy for general tips, but luckily someone directed me to a more in-depth guide for those that would like a little bit of extra help. Good luck to everyone!

Omgosh I wish I'd seen that. I must have spent an hour on ES. Just, not my thing apparently. :(

Edna's Shadow is the absolute bane of my existence. I rage quit earlier and decided to go work on the scores for 8 action games...

Well, a fair warning: don't try to play Igloo Garage Sale after ES. ES completely messes you up your idea of what is right and what is left. I ran straight at a falling piano instead of avoiding it thanks to ES.....

It took me half the night, but I finally got over 900 for ES. I had a really hard time with the game, but once my brain 'normalised' the L/R directions, it got easier. 

(This brain thing took me six hours though. So yeah... it was awful.)  :sad01_anim:

Originally, I thought that the Nova Defender score had an extra 0 on it.  Meaning 200,000 instead of 20,000.  I thought "There's no way I'm making that." So I spent about an hour and a half working on ES.  Finally got the score.  My high score before today was 450 or something.  I still have to send scores in the 8 puzzle games (I'm on team ice.) Good luck to everyone else!

I watched the youtube walkthrough and used a petpage, but I'm still not successfully completing level 5, let alone getting close to breaking 900.This one might not end up happening :c

W.O.W! I thought Itchy Invasion was rough, but Edna's Shadow took the cake! I didn't think I was going to make it, today, but, somehow (and I still don't know how) I pulled it off. I hope tomorrow is challenging, but not like those two. Spyke, have you tried the TDN guide? I tried a petpage, too, but TDN's guide make it more clear/more sense, to me. Hope you make it and anyone else who is trying, too!

Hey everyone, I have been watching videos for the games to help me win them, for example; if you watch someone play Edna's Shadow on youtube you'd find out how to line your shadow and yourself up to get on either side of the cauldron in the harder boards. It also helped me with Wingoball and where I should throw the ball. Thought I'd pass out the info :D

Yeah, I started off with TDN's guide, moved to the JN guide, then a petpage guide, then a video walkthrough. Nothing doing. I've made it through level 5 exactly once and then died within ten seconds of level 6. I understand where to place myself. It's just a matter of doing that which isn't happening. I haven't broken 600 yet.

I'd help, hrtbrk, but I'm on Team Fire :o

Team Snow Day 5 Challenges are:

game_challenge.png

Om Nom Nom
Achieve a score of 900 or higher playing Attack of the Gummy Dice.
game_challenge.png
Snot Funny!
Reach a score of 13000 or greater playing Snot Splatter.
game_challenge.png
Tower of Trouble
Reach a score of 220 or greater playing Wicked Wocky Wobble.

game_challenge.png

Buried in Berries
Reach a score of 1000 or greater playing Berry Bash.

I found a little mistake on TDN coverage to GMC.

DAY 2:

Please Stand Still

Reach a score of 560 or greater playing Wingoball external_link.gif (guide).

The real score is 790. The 560 score is only for the Itchy invasion game :nerd:

game_challenge_es.png

Please Stand Still
Reach a score of 790 or greater playing Wingoball.