Games Master Challenge: Join Team Fire or Team Snow!

hrtbrk

Oh and just a heads up I don't know if its a glitch or not but on the neoboards they point out that there are actually three spaces for check marks on the progress page not just the two challenges on the main page for today. Some are saying that you need to play the opposite sides challenge to get the third mark. Although to me it looks more like a play x number of qualifying games in the icon.

Can anyone confirm this?

I'm thinking that third space is Lulu's challenge, as in the optional NC price challenge.

Can anyone confirm this?

I'm thinking that third space is Lulu's challenge, as in the optional NC price challenge.

As these days are probably till NST midnight (and it is still before midnight) I decided to have a look. In the progress tab you can see all the challenges and for Day 1 tbere are indeed three dots. I already had completed the first two (add to fave and play Magma Blaster, as I'm on team fire) and with a golden checkmark (propably because I did them on the day they came out, just like the Negg Easter challenge; you get a golden dot for the day they came out and you completed them and a green one for the one you finished the day(s) after the challenge came out), But there was a third dot without a checkmark but with two die, representing a games challenge. So I went over to Snow Wars II and I played the game on my laptop, which really sucked, but I managed to get a score of 23. Which is really bad. I sent my score anyway, even though it states on the Team Snow page that you need a score of at least 45. I refreshed the page and there it was, my golden checkmark on my third challenge for today.

Please excuse any typo's or bad grammar, as I am currently sick and English is not my native language. Thank you!

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes I can officially confirm this and have updated our guide to reflect this hidden challenge. :D

Thank you to everyone who notified us of this challenge. :D

I'm going with Snow team, but I think I will regret it, all the Neopets games involving snow that comes to my mind... well... let's say I'm quite bad at them.

So am I lol! My 4 year old chose my team for me lol. It snowed yesterday so I think she had snow on the brain, plus she loves Elsa and Olaf. :) I'm actually relatively terrible at almost all flash games, so we'll see what they throw at us this year. :)

Has anybody else noticed the complete/incomplete in the qualifying games list?

It appears to want scores for each of the listed games.  I played Kass Basher, Petpet Rescue, and Wrath of the Snowager today.

My status in those games has been switched from incomplete to complete.

It appears to want scores for each of the listed games.  I played Kass Basher, Petpet Rescue, and Wrath of the Snowager today.

I actually did notice that when I played the Ultimate Bulls eye game. Weird!

Usually, on the last day of the challenge, one of the challenges is to have scores sent for a certain number of the qualifying games.  This total counts from the games that you have played throughout the whole challenge.  I can't remember exactly what it is, but they could be showing you how many you've played.  

Usually, on the last day of the challenge, one of the challenges is to have scores sent for a certain number of the qualifying games.  This total counts from the games that you have played throughout the whole challenge.  I can't remember exactly what it is, but they could be showing you how many you've played.  

Well that's good to know! I wonder if playing the games as much as you can throughout the challenge would be helpful?

Well that's good to know! I wonder if playing the games as much as you can throughout the challenge would be helpful?

I found that it was in years past.  I checked some archives of the previous years and in 2012 and 2013, it was scores sent from 60 games.  Last year, this wasn't the case though (I think it had to do with the transition to Jumpstart).  I think I am going to play (or at least send scores from) about 10 games a day, if I can.  School is quite busy!

Aww, I didn't even look to see if there was going to be a popular team! I chose Ice because I feel like I haven't seen much about the Snow Faerie and that drew me to her side. 

I did the Challenge (doing other team's game too) but don't have a place to get a third checkmark yet (I see the problem started with launch, and as of this post it hasn't been resolved).

"Also... I am pretty sure it will be weighted... So just because people are picking fire over snow, it wouldn't make sense for it to not be weighted. Currently, it's tied with 50/50"

Does that mean that it won't matter if one team has more participants? That participation will be scaled? (30/30 active member at 1 point = 60 pts when 60/60 active members = 60 points?)

EDIT: Do you think Day 2 will start anytime to day? I will be livid if I miss Day 2 because it's only open from 430 NST to 12am, like SOME recent events that Shall Not Be Named. -.-

So I just tried playing snow wars and sending a score of 45+ (I chose team fire) in and it did change my third bubble on the day 1 progress to the 'completed' colour.

Also, what was the joining up prize for the snow team? For fire, I got 'flames'  gif_gmc_flames.gif

We got snowflakes :D I don't see the third bubble mark anymore, anyone know what happened to it?

also does playing qualifying games help your team win?

It looks like they realized their error and removed the extra check mark.

Also about playing all the qualifying games I read on the boards that last year or so there was a glitch and if you had previously played every game on the list you weren't able to complete the last quest because you couldn't send a score from a game you hadn't previously played. They are recommending you leave like two off the list if you are trying to pre-complete the list in case the glitch rears its ugly head again.