Games Master Challenge: Join Team Fire or Team Snow!

hrtbrk

I found a little mistake on TDN coverage to GMC.

DAY 2:

Please Stand Still

Reach a score of 560 or greater playing Wingoball external_link.gif (guide).

The real score is 790. The 560 score is only for the Itchy invasion game :nerd:

game_challenge_es.png

Please Stand Still

Reach a score of 790 or greater playing Wingoball.

Thanks for pointing that out! I'll get it fixed right away. Normally I'm up to help with updates, but I crashed at 8:30pm and slept all the way through to 5am with my 19 month old. Scoobert_Doo thanks for posting the information for Hrtbrk! You all are wonderful! :D

Now onto business. Edna's Shadow was a complete disaster for me yesterday. On level 5 I could not get them to line up at all, so frustrating! I still have pterattack and Itchy Invasion to do from previous days. The challenges for today look like I'll be able to complete them all on release day. I'm up early so I have until we leave to go shopping to get the scores. :)

Question:

1. Is it too late to get the NC voucher to work retroactively? (Can I get a Fiery Bow from yesterday?)

2. I get that it shows up as a standee on my Eyrie (or will, once it's modeled) but, why doesn't it show up AS a drawn bow on characters that can hold it? It was already drawn as, well,nearly drawn. They actually collapsed it more on the pets! I love the design, but none of the so-far-modeled pets actually have it drawn.

mall_hh_firebow.gif

To be fair, this is pretty terrible. :( It even blocks their face. I still want it though... (<3 Talinia)

Screenshot%202015-11-28%2010.18.44_zpsdr

i came back home at 4 pm and was very tired ... but i went to GMC page before anything else.

Achieve a score of 900 or higher playing Attack of the Gummy Dice

my HS was 895 so i knew what i had to do .. reach level 8 with a score of around 700 ... i did and finished lvl 8 ...
after that u can get plenty of points on lvl 9  

Reach a score of 13000 or greater playing Snot Splatter.

my HS is 20,000+ so this was pretty easy .... 

Reach a score of 220 or greater playing Wicked Wocky Wobble.

took me a few tries but i did it ... this game is 95% luck depending on items drop ...

Buried in Berries
Reach a score of 1000 or greater playing Berry Bash.

another easy challenge for me .. finished in 1 go ... my HS is 1660 ...

Wicked Wocky Wobble is being a little bit temperamental for me right now but I'm sure it won't take me too long to get the score. My high score from a previous GMC was 190, so I know after some practice I can get it. :)

@WeyrCat I've sent you a PM to answer your questions. :)

Wocky Wobble is proving difficult because I have a very cheap, temperamental mouse. I've slacked so hard on keeping up with the challenges. I'm just hoping for a level 3 trophy at this point. I'm glad we have multiple days to catch up.

I spent two hours playing WW, then decided to take a nap, and when I woke up, I got the 220 needed on my first try. 

So much of this game is about pure luck, so hang in there and be patient! (And go take a nap if you feel like rage quitting, lol.) 

Is it just me or Snot Splatter was one of the game challenges last year?

We also did Wingoball last year as well. It seems silly to do the same games two years in a row, however if you think about it, it's a huge amount of games that we're playing for these challenges and not just two a day like last year.

I finally managed to get over the necessary score for Itchy Invasion. Jeez, I was more frustrated than ever. I came back to it after being fed up on Thursday. I have yet to complete ES and honestly, I am not ready for more frustration just yet! 

Team Snow's Day 6 Challenges (confirmed):

send_score_challenge.png
Globetrotting Gamer
Send scores in one qualifying game from 15 different Neopian lands.
game_challenge.png
Munch, Crunch, Munch
Reach a score of 1600 or greater playing Snowmuncher.
game_challenge.png
Flippin' Blocks
Reach a score of 800 or greater playing Goparokko.

game_challenge.png

Abracadabra!
Reach a score of 50000 or greater playing Spellseeker.

We also did Wingoball last year as well. It seems silly to do the same games two years in a row, however if you think about it, it's a huge amount of games that we're playing for these challenges and not just two a day like last year.

I think Gummy Dice was other game last year. I know we are playing a lot of games... but still... There are a lot of games in Neopets... they shouldn't repeat from year to year.

I've caught up at this point. Yesterday was a little bit of a mess for me, so I've gotten two green checks there, but everything else has been day of release. With the exception of Edna's Shadow which I still can't beat. I'm outrageously frustrated and I dunno that I actually will be able to beat it at this point.

I absolutely hate the prize for Snowmuncher... It's only remotely related to the game, whereas the prizes for Goparokko and Spellseeker are iconic and immediately remind us of their respective games. I'm a little upset about this because I have a Snowmuncher gallery and now I don't even know if I should put that stupid item in there or not  :thumbsdown:

Yay I have all gold checkmarks for today's challenges! So glad they gave us an easy day after the few difficult challenges we've had. :D

Since today is easy I'd suggest to tackle anything you've been stuck on. Tomorrow there's a lot of challenges and I believe it's the final day. We may get Tuesday to finish up, but better er on the safe side of things. :)

I was playing Kass Basher for one of the challenges and noticed that the point system has changed. I scored 968 points and ended up with half the neopints. Some sort of glitch? When I played a few weeks ago, anything about 920 was an automatic 1,000 NP. 

The neopoint ratios change near the end of the month in an effort to balance neopoint creation. Because a lot of people use it to get 3k a day sometimes they make the ratio really skewed to high or impossible scores so that there aren't as many neopoints being created through that game. 

I was playing Kass Basher for one of the challenges and noticed that the point system has changed. I scored 968 points and ended up with half the neopints. Some sort of glitch? When I played a few weeks ago, anything about 920 was an automatic 1,000 NP. 

The neopoint ratios change near the end of the month in an effort to balance neopoint creation. Because a lot of people use it to get 3k a day sometimes they make the ratio really skewed to high or impossible scores so that there aren't as many neopoints being created through that game. 

They change on the 25th of every month, so that's why you noticed a difference.

For today's send a score challenge I'd advise to play games you haven't played already since there might be a send a score in x (high number) of games. Previously that's been 60.

A couple hours ago I finally got Pterattack. I got the purple power-up and just kept increasing it and knocking them out. :D

Still have Itchy Invasion, Edna's Shadow and Wicked Wocky Wobble to tackle tonight. Though Battlefront with Mr. may take priority. :D

The challenges today were all achievable for me.  They were all lower than my highest scores on them.  I prefer the number version of Spell Seeker -- I think it's the easiest for my brain to process.  The 15 games from 15 lands took a while for me to complete.  I did all new games (except for Faerieland because I had already played Faerie Bubbles since the start of the competition).  I was also able to count Snow Muncher and Goparokko from their lands. I've somehow managed to complete all of the challenges on the day they've been assigned.  Hopefully, I can finish it up tomorrow!