Something Has Happened!

WeyrCat

I keep looking for a place to post random events that aren't odd little achievements. I can't seem to find an older thread for one, so here's one! I don't usually go posting RE's, but this one..

Screenshot%202015-11-25%2012.51.37_zps6f

I thought after some level (I can't recall what) pets were immune to losing a level! But sure enough, she dropped from 106 to 105. Don't they know how expensive 5 codestones are!!

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

There is already a Random Events topic. Please keep all RE-related posts on that topic.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Rune Valentine if you have any questions regarding this action.

Yes it is super annoying. I have had the same thing happen, for example, some to the effect of, "I'm feeling weak. It has been a long time since I have had some training. Magickalhorn loses a strength point."  And I am thinking, REALLY?  A long time since you have had training, you are in the academy right NOW!!!  lol. 

I've looked in vain for the official thread for posting these too! But now you've made this one the problem will be solved; we'll either continue to use this one, or it'll be locked and we'll be directed to the proper one, and we can then follow it so it can't go and hide again. :shiftyeyes_anim:

Oh Tracy! That feeling weak/lose a level message...I got that just a week after signing up again and it frightened me! I was afraid that you basically had to train your pets now. Thankfully that wasn't the case, but thanks for the heart attack TNT! :rolleyes_anim:

Ouch! But I actually got a random event that gave me $40k. I was happy about that. But I'm never spinning the wheel of misfortune again. I lost a book I read...it wouldn't sound so bad except I don't know which book it was. I hope it wasn't an expensive one.

I've had that happen at least 3 times, and each time I've pulled a D:< face, for the reason that you said. My own fault too, because I got the WoM avatar quite a while ago, so I didn't even need to keep spinning it!

BAM! There we go. :P Thanks! Now, I wonder if we can get this thread merged or something. Hmmmmmmm

There is a TDN thread for random events. It is in the "Neopets General Chat", listed under "Neopets Dailies":

http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/9303-todays-random-events/

FYI...

I'm over level 300, and not too long ago my pet lost a level, and it said to me "I think it's time for us to go train" or something along that lines, so I don't think pet's are completely immune to it, as it seems random. I'm past the point where it's 7 codestones and I'm in the Ninja training academy, but still. Expensive.