Space Faerie Code Giveaway Part 2

Rynarok

:rolls in: Ready for round two?

One lucky winner will win: A Physical Merchandise Rare Item Code

Winner can Redeem it HERE

The code will give you a rare (and possibly expensive item) along with the Battledome Challenger: Space Faerie

The purpose of the giveaway, is not for the Rare item, or even the challenger itself, but more-so the Avatar you get from it. Check out the Avatar HERE. spacefaerie.gif

To participate in the giveaway, you must Qualify to win the prize.
As like last time the Deadline to enter is by Dec 25, 12AM NST.
The winner will be picked at random based on if they qualify, and or their explanation in their post.
The winner will receive their code by me, on Christmas.

You need a couple things to qualify being chosen for my Giveaway.

1. Qualify to Borrow the TDN Battle Pet for the purposes of beating Space Faerie; To learn if you qualify click HERE. Exceptions to this if you have a good battle pet already.
2. Have at least 200+ avatars. This is in place for more than average avatar collectors to have a fair chance in obtaining it this time.
3. Give a story and inspiring words on why I should pick you, if you leave me in tears, make me laugh, or any such thing you may win.

Last time around I had some very highly qualifying participants, which made it REALLY hard to choose. If it comes down to a couple to a few people and I can't pick again I am going to use a site that picks for you at random. (Like pulling names out of a hat)

Rules of Posting;

Please again, do not beg, flame, make other people feel less qualify or the such. We may discuss certain things about the Giveaway at your leisure. If you have any questions please feel free to Neomail me here; CLICK ME

If you need battledome Advice and help, please feel free to message me or reply here, I'd be happy to help!

A link to last years Giveaway can be found HERE

I don't want users to be discouraged to post their application, please if you are close to all the requirements you should still apply! I want everybody to have a shot if they are close but not quite there!

Like I said above, you do not have to meet ALL the requirements, just some of them. The 200 avatar requirement is the more firm requirement I have for everybody, why should I give a person with 50 avatars the chance to win something people with 250+ avatars are struggling to obtain due to the real world money requirement.

Even if you don't qualify I urge you to sign up and participate.

Thanks,

-Matt

Example entry;

Name: Matt

Neopets Username: Greenblink_side
Active Pet: blueyes12345_2001
Avatar Count: 215 (I still don't qualify for my own giveaway XD)
Battledome Weapons: Sword of Reif, Kelpbeard Tridents, Bag of Healing Dust (2 Freezers, Level 50, 200)
Story: Hello, my name is Matt, I've made great strides over a year to train my pet and upgrade my Battle Set, I've always been a avatar collector and even now I still enjoy putting an effort into collecting them, if you pick me I would love to add it to my collection, as the blend of the blues in the avatar match my pet. Plus the Space Faerie is my favorite Faerie out of them all.

So now you try!

Name:

Neopets Username:

Active Pet(Unless you are Lending):
Battledome Weapons:
Story:

Edit: I Relaxed the requirements for the contest, from 250 avatars to 200!

Edited by Rynarok

Name: Pudding

Neopets Username: pudding_bbt

Active Pet(Unless you are Lending): Pudding_Bbt (232 strength, 505 hit points, 34 defense)
Battledome Weapons: Dr. Sloths Personal Bath, Hanso Charisma Charm, Rejuvenating Jar of Brains, Thick Smoke Bomb, Randomly Firing Freeze Ray/
Scroll of Freezing Smelly Dung and Icy Muffins (+ more muffins). The first 3 are my default items. 

Story: I wasn't really into battledome until I started trying to complete the Defenders of Neopia series. Unfortunately, I'm stuck and can't progress because I do not have snow beast. But thanks to that series, I was able to participate in the Obelisk War where as I totally sat out during the Faerie's Ruin.  Now I have decided to seriously train a battle pet with more even stats, but without the help of a lab ray. Pudding_Bbt got to where he/she is because of the lab ray. The lab ray is a double edged sword; it's the reason why he/she has hardly any faerie abilities he/she can use, with her levels always being reduced back to 1 at some point. And it is also because of the lab ray that his/her gender is confused. But I really love the choice of wardrobe of wigs and dresses in the NC mall so I always dress her up as a girl.  I have currently dressed her in holiday themed battle gear and she's ready to take down space faerie in all of her candy cane glory.  Now if only the snow beast and space faerie are ready to take her head on!

Postscript: The stats and gender might change because I zap daily.

Also, I've gotten 5 more avatars since I last made my submission (2 randoms and 3 lends) :D

Edited by summertwinkle

Come on everybody, don't be afraid to put yourself out there, at this rate we will have just one participant! :(

Hey Rynarok! It's GREAT to see you doing this contest again! It's also VERY kind of you! I hope it runs as well and meets with as much success as last year's! I hope you get more participants too! Make things really interesting! ;)

Anyway, best of luck with the contest! :D

Why thank you! I'm just being my normal self, and always giving in the season! I want people to actually have a chance for a very hard to get avatar (one of the few you have to get with real money and can't obtain normally) I hope it goes smooth, but I'm hoping we get way more participants! It'll pick up around the next week I'm guessing, people are still bloated and unwilling to start up school again! Haha :)

Bloat-be-gone is needed ASAP!

Edit: At this point we are looking at 1 participant and 1 winner, where is all the entheusiasm guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Why thank you! I'm just being my normal self, and always giving in the season! I want people to actually have a chance for a very hard to get avatar (one of the few you have to get with real money and can't obtain normally) I hope it goes smooth, but I'm hoping we get way more participants! It'll pick up around the next week I'm guessing, people are still bloated and unwilling to start up school again! Haha :)

Bloat-be-gone is needed ASAP!

Edit: At this point we are looking at 1 participant and 1 winner, where is all the entheusiasm guys!

Wow, yeah! Weird! I mean, it's been almost a month since you started the contest for this year. Well, at least you'll make someone happy. :) Well, about a week left, so maybe someone else will be interested and enter?  :)

I do hope that we get more participants Brian, I will be sad if we get less than 2, I was hoping there would be a ton of thrilled people to have a chance to win this avatar! But I do forget that in the last year we have lost a lot of active players to the destruction caused by TnT, Board malfunctions, terrible lag, server moves, new staff, etc. I am really not surprised on how little people are showing interest now, but it still saddens me.

On a side note, I changed the requirements from 250 to 200, I urge everybody who thinks they may qualify to qualify anyways! I want as many worthy participants to join as possible, I want at least 5 people!

Now is your chance everybody, claim the hefty avatar! spacefaerie.gif

Yay! I wasn't even close to 250 avatars, in fact I just surpassed 200 a few days ago. I'm so glad you lowered the requirements. ^.^

Name: Maria

Neopets Username: daeeuh

Active Pet(Unless you are Lending): Lending (although I'm working on my own battle pet!)
Battledome Weapons: Not anything extensive/special, but I have about 5 mil budgeted for BD weapons, I just need to investigate what the best weapons are. :)
Story: I don't play Neo religiously, normally just during winter/summer break from school. Since winter break just started, I've been coming back full swing. I've been getting about one avatar a day since I came back, and I'm working on getting more every time I'm on Neo. My other focus right now is training up a BD pet. I never was a big fan of the BD or even someone who understood it, but while trying to obtain some BD avatars, I fell in love. Mainly because I finally won a battle! It was an awesome feeling, since I was mostly used to losing in the first move. Now I'm slowing going through TDN's Battlepedia, researching what weapons are best, and how everything works. Basically, while I may not be the most qualified applicant at the moment, I forsee myself really wanting this avatar in the near future, and I couldn't pass up this opportunity just because of timing issues. 

Thank you for your consideration & generosity!

Name: Ally

Neopets Username: Rockangel_star

Active Pet(Unless you are Lending): Roberta_Enchantress

Battledome Weapons:  

• Noxious Nectar
  • Flask of Liquid Sunlight
  • Scroll of the Sea x2
  • Leaf Shield
  • Virtupets Energy Sword
  • Wand of Reality 
  • Glowing Snowflake

Story:

I've been playing neopets for a little over 10 years (3 or so of which were on my very first account which I lost the password for long ago.). I've taken to a lot of different things on neopets, including Food Club, Gaming, Avatar and Stamp Collecting and managing my shop. I'm a collector who takes pride in getting just one more item to add to whatever I'm collecting. I hope to someday get the avatars for all the battledome characters as well!

Thanks! 

-Ally

Cool to see more entrants in Rynarok's contest! Best of luck everyone!

And remember, if you've got battledome questions, chances are your friendly neighborhood BP staffers can help. :) (Or other battle-experienced members of the forums) :)

mariaelise, I know what you mean about that first win. It's a real rush, Likewise if you have been trying to beat an opponent multiple times, and then you finally do. XD When I started I didn't understand the way the battle system worked either. One thing I was able to do in the Dome though, was to find ways to win battles without 1) Breaking the bank, and 2) winning even when being somewhat under-leveled. ;) It's good to hear that TDN's BP is helping you with your battle research. There are a LOT of entries, but I would recommend checking out the helpful articles, if you haven't already. They explain how the battling works pretty well as well as suggest possible weapons you might want to look at for your set. But they are mainly guidelines, you're free to diverge from the suggestions as much as you want. :)

Musical_Shoyru, Going for all the avatars is really ambitious! :D Btw, nice sig, SAO was a pretty wicked series. :)

Man, everyone's got some interesting stories, fun to read! ^_^

Oooh, I wasn't close to qualifying last year, but I'd like to try this year!

Name: Sara

Neopets Username: Songbirdsara

Active Pet(Unless you are Lending): Will be attempting with my battlepet, blumally. Am also qualified for the lend if blumally can't cut it!
Battledome Weapons: Scroll of Ultranova, Scarab Ring, Lesser Healing Scroll, Parasol of Unfortunate Demise, Downsize!, Three 15-icon muffins. Faerie Abilities: Drizzle, Bandage, Positive Thinking, An Icicle, Lens Flare
Story: Long ago, in the year of our NeoLords Y5, I began my Neopian journey. Lonely, away from home for the first time, I thought the idea of a virtual pet was the perfect way to fill my time! After creating my first two pets, I blundered into the Neopian pound and discovered a lonely pet named blumally. Blumally eventually became my "lab pet" after a Neofriend was kind enough to gift the lab map to me. My pets and I dabbled in plots, the Battledome, guilds... I spent many happy hours on Neopets until college graduation in Y8. In the hustle of moving and starting graduate school, my poor Neopets account was forgotten.

Flash forward a few years... married, in a new city, and bored while my work was closed down for yearly renovations, I suddenly remembered that it was nearly December and time for the Advent Calendar on Neopets! It was Y15, more than 7 years since I'd last logged in, but my account was still active. But... what was my password?? Thankfully I actually got a ticket response and was able to access the ancient e-mail address linked to my old account. I was pretty excited to start playing with my old pets, and continued tweaking blumally to become a fighter in the new Battledome. I discovered TDN and was able to add a whole new range of adventure to my NeoLife... AVATARS! I've been collecting pretty seriously for the last year and a half and hope to add the Space Faerie's smiling face to my collection! I've spent the last year or so seriously tweaking my little blumally and I think she's ready for her next big adventure! 

I  participated in your giveaway last year and was one of the lucky few to get a code. I think this is great that you're doing this giveaway again to give others a chance at this rare avatar. Good luck to everyone entering this year! :)

Alright folks, sorry for the delay! I've been stuck in another state with some family but I will be figuring out who win with a random thing picker.

It will pick between all the qualified participants at random!

I will gather my things and obtain a code in 2~ days or so, I'm about to start college so it's a little hectic! Hope you understand.

I will edit for the pick results momentarily.

-DRUMROLL- Results;

d06405b2f8.png

SO I got to thinking, and since I hadn't obtained the codes yet, I decided to get two! ROUND TWO?

70b3cd8d64.png

Congratulations to both winners!

Oh my goodness I am so excited to start working on this gorgeous avatar!

12.gif

NEW BATTLEDOME CHALLENGER!!!

Space Faerie will be waiting for you in theBATTLEDOME!!!

The Space Faerie has been honing her skills ever since the defeat of Dr. Sloth, and she hopes to win and carry home the grand prize!

:thumbsup: Congratulations to the winners! :thumbsup:

Rynarok, if you're still playing Neo next year, think you might do this again? Like last year, it was really fun to read the entries. :) I also think it was a neat idea, using a randomizer to help you pick. XD I think that the entries this year were ALL very good. :)

To Songbirdsara and Summertwinkle, best of luck with your Space Faerie battles! Trust me, she's a TOUGH one. ;)

Here's her profile with her stats, abilities and weapons. If you need help, lots of friendly staff and users around who could make some equipment and ability suggestions. I personally like this shield-item. ;) Flaming Oven Gloves. There are a few other suggestions in the review. Though if you've some millions, you can go bigger, Hidden Tower or "other" bigger, but it's just one avatar right? And depending on your pets and set, you'll get it, if not today then down the road a little bit.! ;)

Once again, CONGRATS! :D And Rynarok, GOOD LUCK with College! :D

lol Sounds like you made a good effort summertwinkle! She beat me the first few times too the last time I fought her. Though that was in the old BD, and my Peophin's weakness to fire was in-play back then too. (Species used to have different elemental strengths and weaknesses in the old BD.)

But yeah! A little research and some more planning, I'm sure you'll get the win! :) Part of the fun, imho, of battling a more powerful opponent is the effort and work that results in the win, not just the win itself. :)

Good luck!

I will have everybody know unless neopets goes down under (the horror!) or I get randomly frozen there will most likely be another contest next year! I look forward to seeing repeat contestants and see how you grow over a year!

I certainly grew quite a bit in a year, I got over 300 more strength, 100 defense, 200 speed, 150 hp, my battledome set is 10x better, (Reif, Bag of Healing Dust, Kelpbeards) from just dual stone foam fingers and a 60 hp healer. Also I've gained over 200 avatars again and I'm working on them daily when I get the chance

I urge people with the motivation and conviction to keep at it and the sky is the limit! See you guys next year!

Pudding, try using

Jade Elixir, Thick smoke bomb,scroll of freezing.bath buddy, and the rest muffins

Use bath buddy and muffins and save any freezes you have until she is half hp, then just use all your freezes in a row and she should kneel over

If she uses her full heal first turn you are almost guaranteed to win

• 2 weeks later...

I have tried using bath buddy and muffins together and it's not working. Because I carried 4 muffins I lost space for a constant weapon (was going to choose essence of esophagor)  so I ended up with full life but only one weapon X(. I also chose the wrong time to use the elixir because space faerie used rejuvenate at the same time so I wasted 2 muffins for nothing.  Also, the faerie tabard when used ends up blocking my water attacks (bath buddies deals 10 icons but not useful when faced with that).

The only thing I'm glad about is that I didn't waste the smoke bomb since it looked like a losing battle so there was no point.  Also lucky is that the scroll of freezing hasn't broken yet.  I kinda missed the old battledome when I used to have sink and burrow and 50% freeze ray works because you can withdraw from a battle if it doesn't actually freeze. 

So now I'm considering getting a new weapon either with earth or air icons.  I am also considering getting a fire and light shield.  I'm also considering borrowing TDN's pet lol as my pet's level is too low to use any faerie abilities that I can train him/her for.

Is there a place to get info on TDN's battle pet (like stats and faerie abilities)?

Sorry to hear you're having trouble summertwinkle. She IS a tough opponent!
Have you checked TDN Battlepedia's article on fighting her?
http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/space-faerie/

I haven't fought her since the old Battledome. I wanted to get the battle avatars I could before they took it down. ;)

I looked at your pet stats in your entry, it won't help a LOT, but if you got your Defense to 35, your defense boost would go up a little bit.

You can see the boosts here.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

I would suggest, for a shield, Flaming Oven Gloves, really cheap, but also quite useful. I used it in my battle with her.

It's not only important to know what to defend against, but also what she can defend against. Your Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy, should be good for one constant. It looks like that she can block some of the dark damage, but that would just reduce it's power from 14 icons down to 12, not too bad. ;)

If you continue to have trouble, I'd also suggest raising your strength to 250, that would raise your damage multiplier to 5.5, 1 whole point from your current boost multiplier! :)

You can check the damage change between the stat boosts here.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/site/damagecalculator/

The 15 icon muffins are a good idea, along with Thick Smoke bomb and a 1-time full-heal like Jade Elixir, Lucky Robot's Foot, etc. are too.

What Faerie Abilities does your pet have?

I hope this is useful for you. Good luck!