Hiya!

Nemireth

Hi everyone! I'm Nemireth (roughly translates to "water jewel" in Sindarin...at least that's what my sister told me!) a.k.a. Twiggy. I've been on Neopets for 8 years total, I think I had deleted my old Neopets account when I was younger so I started a new one earlier this year. A lot has changed! I've also ventured around TDN for a while and haven't made an account until now. Mostly because of social anxiety  :weird:.

Anyways, what are you guys into? I love writing poetry, fantasy fiction, and sci-fi; I used to post some someplace online when I was younger (anybody heard of Figment?) 

Hey!
Welcome to the Daily Neopets Forums! We're a very active (and friendly!) community here who loves to help eachother. Quite a lot of other people with social anxiety joined us too and they thought we were all very welcoming. 

If you have any questions / stories you'd like to share, please don't hesitate to do so! I'd love to see some of your writing :D

No problem LaLune!  :)

Hi Moga! Figment is basically this website where people from anywhere post stories, poetry, prose, fanfic, you name it; your stuff can get rated and reviewed; there's tons of contests; and they have these cool mass chats where you can talk with an actual publisher or author. It's very cool!

I write original stories; I'm working on a fantasy trilogy, another fantasy novel, a sci-fi novel, and two more possible fantasy series. The trilogy interlaps with my best friend's series; we even share a character. The sci-fi novel I'm co-writing with another friend; this one is actually based on a series of dreams both she and I had. And then maybe 34 poems? Yep, pretty all over the place o_O. 

Holey shirt! I pretty much did the same thing. I was on until 2010, got hacked, and swore to never return...but I did lol. I was pretty protective and was a shameless creeper on boards and forums, but I feel like folks are nicer and less hacky? 
I actually have some poetry published in a creative arts magazine called Canto. It's sponsored by Kent State University. 

As you can tell by my gallery and other schtuffs, I am a big scifi fan as well.
Welcome!

Yeah, I too feel like Figment's community has improved. The hacking bit sounds scary  :sad01_anim:.  

Wow, that sounds really cool! I've never really worked up the courage to do anything like that. I almost did once in high school but backed out at the last second; I'm not really sure why.

No problem LaLune!  :)

Hi Moga! Figment is basically this website where people from anywhere post stories, poetry, prose, fanfic, you name it; your stuff can get rated and reviewed; there's tons of contests; and they have these cool mass chats where you can talk with an actual publisher or author. It's very cool!

I write original stories; I'm working on a fantasy trilogy, another fantasy novel, a sci-fi novel, and two more possible fantasy series. The trilogy interlaps with my best friend's series; we even share a character. The sci-fi novel I'm co-writing with another friend; this one is actually based on a series of dreams both she and I had. And then maybe 34 poems? Yep, pretty all over the place o_O. 

Wow that's a lot of projects!  I'll admit I'm much more a reader than I am a writer--once a scene's passed through my head I have a really hard time sitting down and actually writing what I've already imagined.  Co-writing's always sounded really fun, though, since you know you have at least one super dedicated reader.  :)

Figment sounds like a really neat website; I'll have to check it out when I've got a chunk of free time to go browsing around.

Hi and welcome! I have social anxiety issues as well, so I can relate. I think you will have a nice time on here. As you have already seen, the people are really nice :)

Co-writing really can be a lot of fun! It's also nice to have someone with you at every step of the writing process.

And yes, everyone does seem very nice  :)