Average wait time?

jingfah

When I first joined neopets nearly 14 years ago, I made an account with my real birthday. I was 10 at the time, so I had to print an online permission form, get my mother to sign it, and mail it into NP before I was able to access certain site features.

Well, I wanted full access (and less hassle) so I made a new account with a fake birthday (as young, dumb children are wont to do).

It was my main for a really long time - in spite of my atrocious pet-naming skills.

All of this to say, I've been effectively locked out of my previous main account ever since NP implemented the birthday security feature. I've tried in the past to get the birthday from NP but was ultimately unsuccessful because I got busy with real life and the tickets were inevitably closed.

I submitted a new request ticket just over two months ago with as much information as I can remember about the account (although this admittedly isn't very much - I haven't been active on that account since somewhere between 07-09) and the ticket still remains at "open" status. I know NP is super busy and backlogged with similar requests, and I certainly never expected a speedy reply, but I was wondering if anyone knows what the average response time is for birthday requests? And I've been recently wondering if the two (failed) previous attempts to find out the birthday on the account have put me at the bottom of the wait list.

I went through the same exact situation that you did, with the childish made-up birthdate. I submitted a ticket to Neo during July 2014, and I got my answer in 9 days. I don't think I could remember much about the account either, but they were very kind to me about the issue. Turns out I had used a mix of my Dad's and my birthdays, making me a 57 year old woman  :rolleyes_anim:

However, this was last year,and also not during the "busy" holiday season. Best of luck getting your account back, it's the best feeling ever.

Edit: Thought I'd add that the account I recovered was only 7 years old, made in 2008. Not sure if that makes a difference in Neo's criteria for recovery and/or speed of response.

Depending what settings you're using on the account you're locked out of, you may be able to use a side to friend your main and watch the Neofriends page to see when your main account ages a year.  It's not a fast way to find out your age but it might work, especially if Neo is being so slow in getting to your ticket.

Depending what settings you're using on the account you're locked out of, you may be able to use a side to friend your main and watch the Neofriends page to see when your main account ages a year.  It's not a fast way to find out your age but it might work, especially if Neo is being so slow in getting to your ticket.

This is actually what I've been doing. I was hoping that the staff would get back to me before the age changed (I've my suspicions about it being either february or april), but now I'm not so sure that'll happen.

I am genuinely curious...Was this a joke or a real suggestion?

We generally like to be helpful around here so no that is a genuine suggestion ;) A lot of people seem to be having better luck communicating with TNT through Facebook for a while now. No guarantees, but it's worth a try (not the actual Facebook pokes, but like a comment on one of their posts or a private message!)

Having you tried poking them on Facebook?

Not yet. I had looked at the comments on a recent post of theirs and 99% of them were demands for tnt to check out their ticket. I didn't really want to add myself to that.

Not yet. I had looked at the comments on a recent post of theirs and 99% of them were demands for tnt to check out their ticket. I didn't really want to add myself to that.

It does seem a bit demanding, but posting on their Facebook page seems like it's help. 

If you don't want to go that route, you can also try emailing [email protected] directly about your issue and see if you have any success there.