The Backstage: Alternative Entries!

deboratibi

Have you ever made more than one customization for a previous contest? Were you ever late for a contest but still wished you could share your idea anyway?
In this topic, you can do just that!

Show us your alternative entries :D

Let me begin with my alternative entry for the Winter Ball contest:

medium_preview.png

I don't really have a story for this one. I just wanted to try and do a male customization since I do females 95% of the time.

Hey everyone, I made this but didn't have time to enter the Winter Ball contest.  Enjoy!

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/764299

This is my alternative entry for the current contest (Neopia's Newest Faerie):

The Dimensional Faerie
2lc507.png

Although I had fun coming up with this one, I decided not to enter it because it kind of hurts my eyes. lol

The Dimensional Faerie

2lc507.png

Although I had fun coming up with this one, I decided not to enter it because it kind of hurts my eyes. lol

I actually REALLY like that one. It would have gotten my vote for sure. I love that background with the design.

• 1 month later...

These would have been my entries for Elephante Extravaganza and Back to School, respectively:

2cx9oph.jpg

no story

medium_preview.png

"Ms. Mynstrow is glad to see her students again. She has asked them to write about their Holidays and the best story will be featured in The Neopian Times!"

• 2 weeks later...

So I ended up making two.  I wasn't happy with them at first and then it was too late to enter.  But now I like them.  lol

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1105299

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1101952

The Dimensional Faerie

2lc507.png

wow this is beautiful I would have voted for this for sure if it was entered

These would have been my entries for Elephante Extravaganza and Back to School, respectively:

2cx9oph.jpg

no story

medium_preview.png

"Ms. Mynstrow is glad to see her students again. She has asked them to write about their Holidays and the best story will be featured in The Neopian Times!"

The elephante is so lovely ~<3

This is sort of a rough draft to what I originally wanted to do for the Gnorbu Valentine round, but I didn't want to accidentally offend anyone or cause some controversy... :worried:

Here's the animation link since the image version looks kind of weird: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1110804

I can understand why you didn't enter it. I personally would have voted for this since I support Gay Pride

So I ended up making two.  I wasn't happy with them at first and then it was too late to enter.  But now I like them.  lol

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1105299

medium_preview.png

http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1101952

This is a funny coincidence. My entry is a cloud gnorbu with the valentine makeup. Even though you didn't get yours in in time, I think yours are great.

Was late for the Valentine Gnorbu contest! Here was my (un-sent) submission:

medium_preview.png

It's supposed to give a "Valentine's at the place where we met" vibe, but it's not very Valentine-y itself.

(Click on the image for the outfit page! There's nothing really animated except for the thought bubble.)

This is great, I think it's pretty and I love the way the clothes and hair go with the chocolate coloration

The Dimensional Faerie

2lc507.png

Do you have the link to the outfit page for this? I think it looks amazing, and I would love to see the items used for this customization (and the animation!).

Do you have the link to the outfit page for this? I think it looks amazing, and I would love to see the items used for this customization (and the animation!).

Yes, I do! Here it is: https://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1061379

And thank you!  :laughingsmiley:

• 2 weeks later...

So pretty much immediately after I submitted my entry into the aquatic contest, I challenged myself to see if I could do any better.

And while I wanted my first ever attempt to be my entry, I'm actually really proud of how my alternate came out, so, why not post it here?  :laughingsmiley:

medium_preview.png

Who knew little Claire -- child explorer of abandoned, sunken ships -- would one day have a fleet of her own... And challengers of sailors and landlovers alike, all seeking the honor of saying they fought her and lived! [outfit link here]

This was a lot of fun! I think if I enter again next time, I'll make a bunch and pick my favorite tho xD

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been a while since I've posted here!

St. Patrick's Day:

2vlv992.png

no story

Dream Pet:

rumc9l.png

I really really want a Transparent Wocky! :wub_anim:
I don't have the perfect custom yet, but I think this one is sort of going in the right direction. I want something with a certain "cheshire cat" vibe.

Springtime:

2427ghs.png

Ms. Camellia is off to sell flower balloons at the Spring Fair. The kids love them!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've accumulated quite a few entries these past couple of months! Here we go:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a ton of entries I never sent in, but I never posted any in this thread, so here are a few:

(I'm stealing deboratibi's idea to click on the pictures to be taken to the outfit.)

Edible Pets:

small_preview.png

Fun in the Sun:

small_preview.png  small_preview.png

Quirky Quiggles:

small_preview.png

Let the Music Play!

Kiss (well, one of them):      Katy Perry:

small_preview.png  small_preview.png

• 3 weeks later...