Battledome Equipment Advice Needed

Kleig

Hi fellow Neopians,

Nice to meet everyone :) I'm still a newbie on Jellyneo so please let me know if I have broken any rules (hopefully not) on my posts.

I am currently building up the Bdome battle set for my pet and need your opinions on this.

My pet is level 40+ with Attack/ Agility/ Defense all levelled out (around 40+).

His current equipment is:

1. Hanso Charisma Charm

2. Sword of Reif

3. Portable Cloud

4. Sword of Lameness

5. Mask of Coltzan

Additionally, I was given a Faerie Slingshot (courtesy of a long-time friend) and I am thinking if it helps to equip my pet with it or have it traded for other weapons.

I have been given an offer of [Ghostkersword + Sword of Lameness + Ghostkershield or Kelpbeards] for my Faerie Slingshot.

I understand that the attack power of FSS could be insane but that is only 1/3 of the time.

What do you guys think? Any advice helps!

Cheers :) 

Hi Kleig, welcome to TDN!

That is one EXPENSIVE set! And unfortunately, without training more it won't do you nearly as much good if your strength isn't higher.

Are you familiar with TDN's battlepedia? We have some wonderful articles there, as well as MASSIVE weapons that have been logged and many even reviewed by the staff.

In case you haven't been to our Helpful Articles section yet. You might be interested in this article.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/battle-strength-defense-boosts/

I don't know how familiar you are with the BD, but a review of the strength and defense boosts might be useful. Basically, when your strength and defense reach certain stat numbers, you get what is called a Boost. This boost, acts like a damage Multiplier. The equation is basically.... Icons the weapon does in damage, multiplied by the boost, = total/maximum damage you can do. If the opponent defends with the right equipment to counter your set, then of course the damage will be less than the maximum number of Icons x Boost = damage.

I say this a lot, but it bears repeating sometimes. I have but one Hidden Tower weapon. The Ghostkerbomb. My best constant attacker is Stone Foam Finger. But because my strength reached the maximum numbers for the final boost, 750, The Stone Foam Finger does 240 damage if it's not blocked. So, 15 icons x boost of 16 = 240 damage.

As you train, you will probably be amazed at how much damage you can inflict as your strength rises. Defense, well some don't think it's very useful if they focus on Strength and HP. I'd disagree. I keep training Str, Def and HP. LOL You never know, TNT might someday add more boosts. ;)

Honestly? If I were lucky enough to have a Faerie Slingshot, I'd probably keep it until something REALLY AWESOME came around that I'd want.

I was checking on the TP, and there are multiple FSS, but only one seems to have a price, and it looks like they want about 61 mil for it.

FSS IS pretty rare, since I believe it's components are also retired. But it's up to you if you want to sell or trade. If the FSS is worth about 61 mil. You should check the Trading Post and see what the items you were offered add up to in NP value.

I see you've got Sword of Lameness in your set already. So I would wonder why you'd consider an offer that includes another one?

Anyway, the G-Sword is of course retired, I've never used one, but it's stats in the BP are quite impressive.

If that is your whole set that you've listed. You may consider getting a G-bomb, or a healer, or a freezer, if you do decide to sell or trade the FSS.

I hope this helps! Good luck!