New Year's Giveaway!

TaffyTaffyYumYum

I have decided to do a giveaway. How it will work is you post a reply below saying "#TaffyTeam2016" and you will be entered. Each person who enters (aka replies) will then get a number assigned to them. The number is based on what post you are. I will then use random.org to get 5 numbers randomly. These people will win the 5 top prizes in order, and the numbers will be drawn January 1st, 3 PM PST. Names will be posted within 15-30 minutes of that time.

Note: You MUST claim your prize by February 1st. After that, your prize is lost.

Prizes:
​Grand Prize: 100k Neopoints!

2. 2 Money Tree NC Items and a Dyeworks Winter Potion! or 50k NP!

3. A 100 dubloon coin, 5 Crypt of Chance Scratchcards and 10k NP!

4. 10k NP and a Super Kit! (Dubloons, Food, Codestones, Scratchcards, Miscellaneous, Wearables)

5. 20k NP!

If you want to donate to try and support another giveaway for February, just gift me whatever you want to donate for a giveaway. It could be a one dubloon coin or some omelettes, it is all helpful! Since this giveaway will tear about 1/7th of my bank account apart, I do need support!

Thanks to all those who entered, and I hope you win!

Extra Note: Since the gift boxes sometimes do weird stuff and do not work every once in a while, the NC items can be switched out for 50k if you would like.

Next giveaway is around February 1st! This giveaway should be bigger, so I hope you guys will enjoy it!

BIG NOTICE: You are not required to donate anything, it would just help out since I don't have a whole ton of neopoints, and I cant go crazy really. As Rune Valentine said, don't mention it on Neopets. To the people who are trying to donate, you are totally not required.

If you have any donations, don't do it now. I have to clear out my Inventory, which will take a while, but should be done by December 29th. If you have gifts, you can send them over, and I will try to get my inventory cleaned tonight, but I currently cant accept any. Sorry!

To KatelynDubbs, I will accept anything useful. Even random 2k gourmet foods will be taken, I can sell them for funds or give them away! However, trash items (under 10 NP) aren't exactly useful.

#TaffyTeam2016 

Awesome idea and thank you for sharing! If you happen to remember/have time could you make a post about donating items when you are ready for them? I would love to do a giveaway but don't have the time to organize it.

#TaffyTeam2016

Thank you for the Giveaway!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hey guys, I don't want to seem like a wet blanket here, because giveaways are super fun, but I should caution you on some things:

TNT strictly prohibits giveaways and prize pools (asking/giving donations so more things can be won) because in the past a lot of people have been scammed through this. The contest organizer simply vanishes with the prizes and there's nothing they could do about it, so they prohibited it completely. 

Now I'm not saying TaffyTaffyYumYum will scam you out of your hard-earned donations, but here are a few things to remember:

1) Don't mention giveaways/prize pools in NeoMail & Neopets in general

2) Be cautious and don't send out stuff you can't do without

3) Should you wish to donate something, my advice would be to hold on to your items and wait until winners are announced, and send it to them directly. This eliminates the risk of your prize not getting to the winner :) 

We've held many successful giveaways in the past, and would like to continue to do so! Giveaways are great and the generosity of people is incredible, but please remember to keep safe!