Someone interested to adopt my Lutari, got a strange request message. Help?

Sinvanor

I'm totally unsure if this is in the right place, but I need some help figuring out what to do. But I got two requests from me on letting go of a lutari that I made in with the lab ray. The first person asked for me to give it to them if no one was interested by the date I gave of January 1st. The second request the person said some things I didn't know and am unsure about. 1 Lutari's will run away if you pound them. 2 I'd need to get an entirely new account in order to give them the Lutari and that it would be a big hassle. 3 They want it so bad they would pay NP for it.

1: Is this true? Also, how do other people give away their pets to others?

2. I'd be fine making a account from a different email and putting the Lutari there and giving that to them. Then I'm not giving out important information and they can delete that account when they transfer it over.

3. I'm pretty sure one is not allowed to buy nor take any form of payment, even just NP for neopets. So I wasn't sure how to respond to them about this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

The second person is correct. You cannot trade or pound lutari's at all; they will run away. This is the only species that will do this.

I would stop dealing with these people as they are trying very hard to break Neopets rules in order to obtain the Lutari. You cannot share or give away accounts, under any circumstances, nor can you trade neopoints or items for a pet (lutari or not). Both of those are very strict Neopets rules.

In the end, there is nothing you can do with the lutari species itself aside from keep it or morph it into another species if the user likes the name and wants it that badly.

Besides if they are willing to pay NPs for it, they may as well just buy a lutari morphing potion and create their own lutari. It's their only option at this time.

I'm totally unsure if this is in the right place, but I need some help figuring out what to do. But I got two requests from me on letting go of a lutari that I made in with the lab ray. The first person asked for me to give it to them if no one was interested by the date I gave of January 1st. The second request the person said some things I didn't know and am unsure about. 1 Lutari's will run away if you pound them. 2 I'd need to get an entirely new account in order to give them the Lutari and that it would be a big hassle. 3 They want it so bad they would pay NP for it.

1: Is this true? Also, how do other people give away their pets to others?

2. I'd be fine making a account from a different email and putting the Lutari there and giving that to them. Then I'm not giving out important information and they can delete that account when they transfer it over.

3. I'm pretty sure one is not allowed to buy nor take any form of payment, even just NP for neopets. So I wasn't sure how to respond to them about this.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

hrtbrk beat me to the punch (again), but I'd thought I'd post this link to a Neopian Times editorial question about transferring Lutaris:

http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=341

"Thanks so much TNT for getting the Pound back up. I love the transfer feature! My question is about Lutaris. I know that, in the past, if we tried to abandon a Lutari it would run away. Are we able to transfer Lutaris now? ~daidriap

No, Lutaris cannot be abandoned without running away, and they will not allow themselves to be transferred. Sheesh! They are such willful Neopets, aren't they?"

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Songbirdsara).

The original topic is now answered and will be closed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Songbirdsara if you have any questions regarding this action.

It might be a good idea to NOT advertise your lutari as up for adoption (you've done this on our Adopt/Trade/Pound board), so if you've done this on other boards it might be a good idea to get them removed. 

Lutaris can't be traded, pounded or adopted out as it's the nature of the pet. This may prevent further offers such as the ones you're receiving right now.