Do you still believe in Jumpstart?

The Dragon King

Do you still believe in Jumpstart?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still believe in Jumpstart?

• YES, I STILL BELIEVE! :D
    • I'm not as excited as when they bought Neo, but still trust them to turn things around.
    • Not really. I'm sure their intentions are good and they are trying, but they're clearly in over their heads.
    • No, it's obvious they don't care and never really did.
    • BURN THEM!! BURN THEM ALL!!! :K
    • I don't know.

I'm not a big fan of JumpStart. Not only because they haven't bring Key Quest back, they also got rid of the random contest. The new Neopet colours are... let's say they could be better... I'm a big fan of water colours... and the last one I saw looked like ice but dark. Also I don't understand their logic... they got rid of habitarium because they consider it helping with the Np inflation... what is Trudy's surprise then?... at least in Habitarium you had to work for the NP... not just one click away... I don't get it... There are more things... but they don't come to my mind right now.

I have, historically, been a fan of JumpStart. I played their video games growing up, the same as I have played Neopets. Because of their historical successes (at least in my mind), I was looking forward to the fresh ideas and maybe giving a "jump start" to the Neopets community. I feel like they still have these new concepts and potential in boosting the success of Neopets. Maybe re-introducing merchandising and publicity, but I also feel that all of the troubles during the transition have been preventing them from enacting any of these new ideas. They have thrown little events at us to sort of pacify us while they sort out the bigger problems behind the scenes. While I'm not satisfied by these little events (though I am grateful for them), I do think that solving the bigger problems first is the right move. You can't have a huge plot going down when you can't even keep the site up and running. So once everything smooths out and they get the behind the scenes work done, I feel that potential is still there. But it is disappointing that it is simply taking so long to do these maintenance-type and reparation-type items. Many active players are getting discouraged and are leaving simply due to the time frame which this has taken and is taking.

I myself do not have much faith in them anymore and by the looks of the poll, many people agree with me. It kind of makes me sad though because I want to have hope. I want neopets to improve and have a long life.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm tired of them because the only part of Neo that they really work on is the NC Mall. They are clearly in to make their cash.

I've lost hope to see any new fun events that are actually free to participate in or to see any other broken parts of Neo repaired at all. :(

BURN!!!

Just kidding.

I think they are confused, to be honest. Like, they want to make money, which is good, because in order to neo to be successful business has to be good. But I think they underestimate the power of marketing. Not just marketing, but marketing to the right people. It seems like they wanted a clear and defined neopets identity that falls in line with the rest of the JS product. But they didn't account for they fact that the site has so many players who are adults. So they have a conflict of interest. Invest in site projects that market kids, as their "JS identity" suggests, or invest in site projects that market older folks, who may or may not spend money.

All the things we want them to improve just aren't that high on their priority list right now. I agree with the above post that the NC is a big thing for them. But I don't entirely blame them. It's more a matter of finding that sweet balance of how important the NC is, compared to everything else. They may end up losing the interest of those folks who are most likely to spend money by ignoring other aspects of the site.

Jumpstart seems to be trying but  there hasn't been much of interest for me on the site  so I drift in and out of the game so I can't say much abut finding bugs or anything. I agree with Aminoshiki, there seems to be more focus on the NC aspect (Of course you do have to make money to do a bunch of stuff). Also it seems like there may be a lack of staff still or maybe there needs to be more working on Neopets in general. Coding takes time, of course but it seems like it's been taking awhile for much to be done. *Insert list of bugs and games that still don't work here)

I think they might benefit from some surveys to help give them a better idea of what to do. Then again some were done at the start  of the JumpStart transition  not sure how much good that will do for them. It's been 2 years since Neopets was sold so hopefully things are straightened out by the end of this year. I would hate to see Neopets go down due to lack of players.

I feel like they did take on too much with purchasing the website, although I am glad we still have it, the longevity of even simple things on the site not getting fixed are ridiculous. I REALLY, REALLY, want to have hope for them and some part of me still gets a little bit excited to get on at midnight nst every night in hopes that some new event got released. I just think that smaller issues need to be fixed more quickly and that NC mall needs to stop being such a HUGE priority.

On the other hand I do not resent JS or am mad at them, I can only imagine how hard it is to manage a website that has A TON of players logging in all day long, dealing with everyone's tickets and fixes bugs, glitches, prize and trophies not being given and all those HUGE responsibilities that come with owning a widely popular website. 

Here's to hoping things turn around sometime soon! 

• 2 months later...

I'm most annoyed at the editorials, I used to be so excited to read them. But now they are so boring and lame. The news is to. They used to love surprising us and making funny puns, but its so generic now. Like even the April's fool joke was lame. Maybe I'm just getting too old and jaded.

I became inactive on Neo juuuust before the transfer, so I guess I basically missed everything. I came back a couple of weeks ago and was shocked to see some key features, like KQ and the contests, no longer active. It was kind of jarring, but then again, things always change when you leave for a period and then come back again. Since I've been back (not that it's been a particularly long time), I've found other things to be interested in on the site. They aren't necessarily the same things I was interested in before, but there are fun and exciting things around the site, in my opinion.

I guess overall, I do still have some hope. I haven't been dealing with the transition as long as a lot of people, and so maybe I just have more patience at the moment and my mind will change later, but things like the Festival of Neggs continuing, Daily Dare coming back, etc., is somewhat promising. 

I came on board Neopets in April 2005, when it was owned by Doug Dohring, I immensly enjoyed playing and meeting new people.  Shortly after joining, Viacom purchased Neopets and by years end I was a premium player.  I loved the quests and the games. 

Fast forward to 2015, I am starting all over again and Jumpstart is the owner.  I am somewhat excited to play again, but also disenchanted.  The emphasis does seem to be on the NC aspect of the game.  The Key Quest and Bilge Dice not working makes me wonder what they are doing.  I am hoping they do succeed and not destroy this game, but for me the jury is still out.  

• 1 month later...

They seem like they're getting better with communication, but...yeah...they do have a tough job ahead of them.  Neopets was left quite out-of-date, so JumpStart will have to work very hard to modernize the whole site.  That being said, they could potentially make a lot of profit (and bring Neopets back to popularity) if they could develop Neopets for the app community. 

I mean...it's a quick casual game where people could take care of virtual pets...on the go.  Furthermore, it's a game with a lot of lore and history - something that could attract many more creative people!

I'm a player who started in 2005 and just recently returned to see TNT laid off. For me, one of the greatest things about Neopets was TNT's clear passion about their creation. The way they communicated themselves through the news page, their quirky dialogues - one thing that really struck me when I returned was seeing the Lenny Conundrum. One of Jumpstart's recent ones asked for the height of a binary tree with a height of 97, which to me was so uninspired compared to how I remember the Conundrums. That's just a small example, but I think that passion and quirkiness is a big thing that's missing from the current owners.

• 3 weeks later...

To be honest, I may not have liked how TNT got laid off, but I want to see if JumpStart can be just as good as TNT. I keep seeing people lose hope in them fixing their favorite game, Key Quest, and I know they're fixing it and the site, but I try so hard to tell them to not give up hope, but they don't understand...

All I know is that Key Quest is currently under the works of being fixed and that they need to patient. I'm gonna be patient too. Neopets isn't over unless they, JumpStart/The Neopets Team, say it's over.