NC Customization Wanted but No NC items to Trade

laceew45

I don’t have many NC items but Most of my outfits that I have made on Dress to Impress need NC items. I know people trade NC items but what if I don’t have any to trade? How do I go about getting the NC items I want? Do I need to see what the people who have the item I want, what they want and go buy it? Or how do I do this? 

I am a Noob to NC trading and items and anything NC really. 

If you are able to purchase NC - I would recommend waiting for Gift Box Capsules (GBCs) to go on sale in the NC mall (this typically happens anywhere ranging from the last two weeks to last weekend of every month) and start saving your gift boxes from Trudy's Surprise.

Most NC traders recognize that items have "values" - for example a 1-2 cap item would trade for 1-2 GBCs while a 7 cap item would trade for 7 GBCs. If you don't have a lot of NC items to trade you can typically find traders by offering pure GBCs since GBCs are an easy way to get boxes to trade but they aren't always available for purchase ^_^

This is a pretty generic overview, but if you've got specific questions feel free to PM me - I'm on the NC chat a lot so I'm pretty familiar with how things work!

We also have a very helpful NC Mall trading guide that may be worth reading. The main thing to remember is you need to trade NC items, for NC items. You cannot trade them for NPs or NP items. :)

The platform for NC trading is through neoboard.  There's no neopet feature to facilitate trading so trading is done by exchange messages via neoboard or neomail and then doing the exchange through gifting.  Gifting is the only way to move one NC item from one account to another.

In case you are not already aware, 100 NC = $1 USD.

The method of trading is through giftboxes. Hopefully you have spun Trudy's to obtain enough boxes. Otherwise, the only way to get giftboxes is through gift box capsules (GBC)  which cost about 200 NC each.  They are available monthly for a few weeks.  Each capsule will give you at least 2 boxes.

You should definitely research, for the items that you want, what others are willing to give them away for.  Generally, people create a trade list and wish list on their pet pages and use that to facilitate trade.  You can browse these tradelists through the neoboard as people would put them in their signature or in a board topic.  You can probably try to google too.  Some people use Dress to Impress and that website keeps a summary of who has that item for trade and who wants that item.  That might be a good place to see who are the sellers you want to contact.  Note that there are value guides around (usually based on a number of GBCs) but they are not always accurate because some are willing to trade for more or less depending on personal preferences.  But supply and demand is not very clear because it's done over the counter rather than through something open like trading post.  

Depending on what items you want, if they were previously buyable, you maybe be able to get 2 items with one GBC provided that the person you're getting that from has both.  So you should first determine what type of NC items you want.  If they were from special tokens, events, collectibles etc, the price has likely skyrocketed if they are in high demand.  The only way NC value deflates is if these items are re-released through capsules.  You should separate your wishes into achievable, possibly achievable and hard to achieve.  Aim for the achievable ones.  You can keep hard to achieve on your list but I would just try to find a substitute or wait for new alternatives.

I have wanted the elegant ballroom background because it was the only ballroom background at the time but now there are many other indoor dance related background that can substitute for that background because the price on that is way too high.

TRADABLE ITEMS

Easy to Trade (ETT, I made this term up lol) items include dyeworks potion (if you haven't used the dyeworks potion from the advent calendar, you can probably trade that now as there is a limited edition dyeworks event going on right now so there is demand for the potions) and gift box capsules.

The other things that people will trade for are "custom" in other words, you are willing to buy NC items from the NC Mall (these are called buyables), in exchange for a retired item that the seller hold. I find these are popular when there are new things in the mall, like an MME (mysterious morphing experiment) or special NC events around special events (AC cup, Chrismtas (Stuffing Stufftacular), Valentines (assorted Grams)).

You may have collected some freebies, if you didn't open the bags, some collectors may trade for those but they'd have to be older and retired bags that cannot be obtained for a newbie collector.  There are these cupcakes that are consumables, so people will trade for those too if you don't use them.

Good luck trading :)

What are the items that you are looking for, maybe we can offer some of our knowledge to give you a starting point.