Background Sale Has Begun!

This weekend only all backgrounds in the NC Mall are on sale for 50% off. The final day for this sale is Sunday January 17, 2016. Three new limited edition exclusive backgrounds have been released and they will only be available throughout the duration of this sale. Normally when these sales happen, one new exclusive item is released per day of the sale. TNT has decided to change things up by releasing all three at the start of the sale. So what are you waiting for? Go get those backgrounds you've had your eye on!

2016_exclusivebackgrounds.jpg mall_bg_gardenview.gif mall_bg_nighttimelake.gif mall_bg_rainbowfield.gif

Click the above images for more information!

They're all so pretty! I have enough for all of them.... but do I want to cave and buy all three.... decisions, decisions.....

Ooh! I really like the garden view one, do I spend some of my carefully hoarded NC? I think I might... :shiftyeyes_anim:

I'll play with it on DTI first to see how the layering behaves before I splurge.

And there we go, my kacheek now has a lovely conservatory :D

medium_preview.png

Now that's an interesting little quirk, he's actually wearing the brown dyeworks version of that shirt, and that's what's displaying on DTI itself, but in the preview, as you can see, it's showing as the purple one!

I have 260NC so I think I'm going to get the Garden View and Nighttime Lake Backgrounds. :) My NC is bound to expire at some point. Might as well spend it before it does. :)

I have 260NC so I think I'm going to get the Garden View and Nighttime Lake Backgrounds. :) My NC is bound to expire at some point. Might as well spend it before it does. :)

Oh, they expire? I didn't know this. D:

Oh, they expire? I didn't know this. D:

Yes your NC expires 1 year after being earned/redeemed. At least it used to be this way, I'm not too sure anymore if this is the case since I rarely have NC to spend. :)

Oh wow, thanks for clarifying! I expect it is still like that. The ones I have are just the ones we've been given, but I'd be sad if I lost them. Guess I should get them used up o.o

Oh wow, thanks for clarifying! I expect it is still like that. The ones I have are just the ones we've been given, but I'd be sad if I lost them. Guess I should get them used up o.o

Sorry I should have clarified a bit more. Little monster has been distracting me all morning. You get notified by TNT when you have NC that is about to expire and you have a time frame to use it and if you don't they randomly select something from the mall worth the value that you have. usually it's nothing great, so it's better to pick something when you get the notice. No rush though until you get the notice.

I decided to get the backgrounds with mine because there's nothing else in the mall that interests me and having two limited edition backgrounds is a great idea. I was considering spending it on Faerie Quest cookies, but I don't need a fountain quest and I do all my training myself with the occasional quest. :)

Sorry I should have clarified a bit more. Little monster has been distracting me all morning. You get notified by TNT when you have NC that is about to expire and you have a time frame to use it and if you don't they randomly select something from the mall worth the value that you have. usually it's nothing great, so it's better to pick something when you get the notice. No rush though until you get the notice.

I decided to get the backgrounds with mine because there's nothing else in the mall that interests me and having two limited edition backgrounds is a great idea. I was considering spending it on Faerie Quest cookies, but I don't need a fountain quest and I do all my training myself with the occasional quest. :)

Oh! Well that's ok then :D It's good that they notify people.

I'm very happy with that background that I got, especially as it was basically free! :D

I think I might look to see what NC I have on my sides before deciding. I think some of it might be near expiration, but I'm not sure how to check that without waiting for a notice. Is that even possible to do?

Hover over the NC Mall link near your username, click on transaction log. You'll be able to see when you last brought NC/redeemed a card. :D 

As for the BGs, I am in love with the rainbow one. Brought two, and then one each of the others. Using one of the rainbow ones as a temporary custom for my Hufflepuff pet. She's currently gone a bit Slytherin.  :sad02: The other rainbow one is going to go a side account for my rainbow draik because it's just so perfect for her. I've struggled so much with finding the right custom for her. Basically, her name is is a feminised form of the Quenya word "Ilweran". Quenya is one of the Elvish languages that Tolkien created. Ilweran was a rainbow-bridge created by Oromë for the Valar to use to pass between Middle-earth and Valinor (this being after Valinor was hidden). Most of the rainbow items I find too garishly for her but this is utterly perfect. (And it also frees up my Cloud Castle BG for my grey cybunny who desperately needs one)

I've just got to restrain myself from going onto DTI to do a new custom for her because I really have got to finish off 4 other pets first!