Tonsillectomy :'(

pf_asax2372

Oh my. That sounds,,,fun? I just got put under anesthetics for the first time this morning and I thought it would be scary but it was totally chill. I feel like if you make a big deal about it, then it will become a big deal. Try your best to remind yourself that it's totally normal. Lots of people have to get their tonsils removed, so the procedure isn't going to be that complicated for the doctors. Be confident that there is no doom =]

Other than that, distraction is awesome. Like snorlaxing said, those avatars pull away a lot of that concentration that is currently on the procedure. Or even any other hobbies that you can get into that will use all your focus and attention. Watching a favorite sports team or athlete can help get you riled up and thinking only about that. Or maybe try to read some complicated science journals that you find interesting that require a lot more thinking and focus to get through. That last one sounds weird but I find that forcing myself to learn something makes me concentrate more on that one thing only. The more complicated the better.

I always feel better reminding myself that having something like my tonsils removed would've been way more painful for me 100 years ago or so. Hooray for antibiotics and pain pills... and think of all the ice cream your gonna get cause you can't eat anything else :) little silver linings

:) Don't freak out! the procedure is pretty simple, i got mine removed a year ago and it was the best decision of my life, believe me you'll love having them out if you if you ever get sore throats as much as i did! My advice is if you're still nervous when you get to the hospital request them to give you a little bit of medicine to calm you down, that's what they did with me! and before i could even see the Doctor i was zonked out in the surgery room. 

Weirdly enough i know for some reason people like to say to eat ice cream but my doctor to told me to stay away from it, it can cause unnecessary phlegm in your throat and make it harder to swallow, what i did was eat jello, ice chips and tried to drink as much water as possible! this is important, if your throat ever dries up it's going to make it more painful, swallow as much as possible even if it hurts to regain the muscle back in your throat : ) 

To keep your mind off it a lil more i would suggest doing your favorite things! try to indulge yourself in it before it happens

if you ever have any questions about your surgery feel free to message me about anything! I'm sure your surgery will go great.

Great to hear that you're doing well! Two weeks seems like a long time, but it will go by faster than you know it. Like mentioned above, jello can be soothing, especially sugar free. I think it's the sugar in the ice cream that causes the phlegm. Just do your best not to move around too much; sit back and catch up on some tv shows or movies =]

:D So glad to hear that your surgery went great! if you happen to have a humidifier i would recommend using that when you sleep so your throat doesn't get too dry. After your two weeks expect to still feel a little pain and discomfort when swallowing, i fully healed around a month! but the sensation of swallowing was still really strange! Get as much rest as possible and if the doctor prescription you with pain killers take them anytime the pain is just unbearable.

hope you have a speedy recovery tumblr_inline_n2mbv3xjPN1rxsw83.gif

:D So glad to hear that your surgery went great! if you happen to have a humidifier i would recommend using that when you sleep so your throat doesn't get too dry. After your two weeks expect to still feel a little pain and discomfort when swallowing, i fully healed around a month! but the sensation of swallowing was still really strange! Get as much rest as possible and if the doctor prescription you with pain killers take them anytime the pain is just unbearable.

hope you have a speedy recovery tumblr_inline_n2mbv3xjPN1rxsw83.gif

Thank you! I do have a humidifier and I have been using it. Day 3 and I feel worse then after the procedure... :(