The most frustratingly dumb things you've done on Neopets

mistress_mantis

Boohoohooo...I was putting up 2 pieces of the original treasure map for auction today, but I got the prices mixed up! So now I have the corner piece that says "treasure map", worth over 70,000np, going for only 1700np!  :crying_blow: That's what I get for trying to multitask, I guess.

Help me feel better, share the brain farts you've had on neopets.

I'll put it up by another 5000!

I can't think off-hand of a good example of the MANY frustratingly annoying neopets mistakes I have made... but like curvy_archangel said - at least we can try to help you out a little!!

I'll try to remember to check later on today and do it again once outbid :)

On my main pet, I had a mallard petpet.  My first big purchase I ever made was painting that mallard pirate.  It was sooooo cute and I named it Squawk (BTW, my main pet is pirateninjakitty, so having a pirate parrot for my pet was my childhood dream).  Years later, actually just a few weeks ago, I was doing my dailies and I was tired (I had just gotten home from work).  I went to the petpet lab ray and instead of clicking on my lab petpet. I clicked on Squawk.  I had never zapped Squawk before.  He was innocent.  He was pure.

I learned that day that the petpet lab ray can permanently make your petpet disappear.  Poof.  Not into a pile of soot, but actually kill your petpet.

RIP Squawk.

On my main pet, I had a mallard petpet.  My first big purchase I ever made was painting that mallard pirate.  It was sooooo cute and I named it Squawk (BTW, my main pet is pirateninjakitty, so having a pirate parrot for my pet was my childhood dream).  Years later, actually just a few weeks ago, I was doing my dailies and I was tired (I had just gotten home from work).  I went to the petpet lab ray and instead of clicking on my lab petpet. I clicked on Squawk.  I had never zapped Squawk before.  He was innocent.  He was pure.

I learned that day that the petpet lab ray can permanently make your petpet disappear.  Poof.  Not into a pile of soot, but actually kill your petpet.

RIP Squawk.

Same thing happened to my Droolik (named Kovu) when they were worth a lot more and money was hard to come by. He wasn't painted or anything but I really liked that petpet and I think I had him for years. But then kid me thought it was a good idea to zap him and after a few days... Poof. He was gone. I too didn't know they could permanently disappear.

RIP Kovu.

tys_petpet_gothpuppy.gif

Still my favorite petpet to this day.

It's not something recent like everyone else's stories, but I have to say that the dumbest thing I ever did was completely make up a birthday for my old main account. It didn't matter at the time because there was no birthday checking system in place, but man has that come back to kick me in the face.

Still haven't been able to get into the account.

It's not something recent like everyone else's stories, but I have to say that the dumbest thing I ever did was completely make up a birthday for my old main account. It didn't matter at the time because there was no birthday checking system in place, but man has that come back to kick me in the face.

Still haven't been able to get into the account.

I've done that too. It was a real pain having to start NeoQuest again.

And I just remembered: I accidentally donated all my AC prizes last year, instead of depositing them (yes, I even clicked away the warning). D'oh! At least I didn't hit "discard", though. It's of some comfort that all those hours of furiously pounding two letters on my keyboard benefited someone.

I'll bump the price up by 50000 for you :)

Edit: Oops, I see I'm not allowed to do it :( I can only go 5k up...which I'll do, to try and help you (even just a little)

I'll put it up by another 5000!

I can't think off-hand of a good example of the MANY frustratingly annoying neopets mistakes I have made... but like curvy_archangel said - at least we can try to help you out a little!!

I'll try to remember to check later on today and do it again once outbid :)

Wow thanks guys! :)

I bought some usukis once and thought they were worth alot so I bid like 50k and a few thousand np plushies. Turns out the whole usuki lot was only worth around 20k. Quite disappointing. I also mispriced some red codestones in my shop awhile back. Someone was kind enough to buy them and regift them to me since they knew i messed up the prices! I returned their nps and gifted them one of the codestones for being so kind! Lucky me!!

It isn't technically my fault, but I once had a pirate paint brush and put it on trading post. Someone bid and I accepted.. then i never received the money and they got the paint brush! I was so mad I coudn't even play for a few days. 

I left my main neopets account years ago (as in 7 or 8 years) and didn't save any of the login information for it just in case I'd want to get back on. Now I can never have my dream pet ever again (UC Halloween Lupe -- the new Halloween Lupes are pretty undesirable) and I had a couple zomutts (which are now 300k???) and a meowclops and the lab ray and who knows what else. Now I'm rebuilding. I guess that's life!

Gotten rid of all my Scarab rings. Like 5 years ago.

Back then they were worth like 5np. Now, with the BD revamp and Coltzan being stingy with them, they're worth so much more!! Grrrrr. I'm a hoarder man, why did I even do that!? >0<

Yeah, I remember having a ton of those as well.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Hasee Bounce- 2 Fish donuts, 2 Rainbow donuts, and a full set of purple HASEE letters in one game, and I had combos for all the Fish donuts. 422 points scored before I even entered the "DOUGHNUTFRUIT" code.

I'm Chinese-American and have both languages enabled on my computer.

I had left my computer set to type Chinese.

With 2 seconds left to go, I tried typing "DOUGHNUTFRUIT" and "都怒涛放入“ came out in the address bar.

The game ended. 422 still beat my high score at the time, but... sigh. I wonder what it might have been if I had kept going. ah well.

This was so awful...

The lab ray zapped my pet to a Lutari!!!!! So excited! So I researched and decided that I wanted to paint it Eventide (this was last year).  I bought the paint brush, and it's not a cheap one, painted my pet and happily set it to my active pet.  Then the next day when I did my dailies, I did the lab ray again, and without thinking picked the same pet because I'd been zapping it every day for weeks.

Not cool, and so careless of me!  Since then I have gotten the Eventide Lutari back, but it took a long time.

Similar to you raelilphil, I created a Gelert with the intent of one day painting it stealth (stealth gelerts are bomb!!!). I saved up and got the lab ray just so I could zap my Gelert.

When I started zapping, I got nervous. I did some research and discovered that Gelert morphing potions are really expensive! I started thinking I shouldn't zap my Gelert for fear of it changing to another species. I chickened out and went to zap my meercea instead. I wouldn't mind if he changed species.

The first day I started zapping the meercea he turned stealthy!!! I almost cried.

Went back to zapping my Gelert with high hopes, but now she's changed into a male checkered kau. Nowhere near as badass as a stealth Gelert. :(

I will get my stealth Gelert one day. I will...

Oh my goodness, I make mistakes all the time!

I miss out on avatars a lot. For instance, the Obelisk War ones...I would chose a side, and battle. I thought that I would automatically get the winning avie, if I was on the team that won. I did not know you had to "collect" them after the round was over. I had no idea for the longest time how to even check to see if my team won. I was not very smart about that... :sad02: :rolleyes_anim:

I am soooo embarrassed  :ohno:  :* 

I need to read and comprehend more, right? Oh, man!! :(