Premium Membership Glitch

Neopets9738368

So, I am lucky enough to never have had a problem on Neopets in 16 years...... Until today.

My premium membership is on automatic renewal, and was supposed to renew in Nov. 2015. I got a confirmation email (with conf #) from TNT saying that my membership was renewed and my credit card was charged. Just like any other day, right?

Nope.

I noticed the past 2 months that my monthly freebies hadn't come, which has never happened. All my other premium features were still in place, so I sent in a ticket. The response I got was "your premium membership expired".

Um, but you said it renewed.

Checked my old credit card statements and they never renewed it! Apparently, they switched to a new billing company and didn't bother to tell any of their PAYING members that their premium accounts were indeed NOT renewed, and there was no way whatsoever for the users to know this since they kept premium site perks going. Who does that!?

Anyway, I've kinda lost confidence in the site since something so simple was horribly messed up and am hesitant to renew Premium. Anyone else have this happen?

That's unfortunate you didn't catch it earlier.

However, it was a well-known fact that they were switching eWallet providers around that time. This caused several errors with NC not being awarded and all sorts of funny business with Premium Accounts. The NC issues have been fixed, but people are still experiencing some hiccups with Premium. I don't think they've entirely worked out all the kinks in the system yet. :(

• 5 months later...

Thought I was the only one. The Space Faerie was mean to me and made me transfer one of my pets to my sister's account, I couldn't exit out. Then right after I transferred my Grundo to my sister, I got my premium toolbar icons back! Maybe I didn't have to transfer her?!  :sad02: Oh well, I will get her back but my sister's account isn't that old (it's younger than mine), so probably at the end of July? Why did it have to go like this?  :sad01_anim: