phantomkay

(Last updated: 18 Feb 2016)

Hi everyone :)

I've recently been trying to get into restocking and couldn't find an up-to-date guide, so decided to make my own, by listing every item in a given shop, and stating the profit that can currently be made.

The completed shops I have so far are: 

Neopian Fresh Foods,

Chocolate Factory,

Tropical Food Shop, 

The Bakery,

Neopian Health foods,

Magical Bookshop.

Currently working on:

Unis Clothing Shop, 

Grooming Parlour.

I'm posting this for 3 reasons:

1)Because I don't wanna keep this info to myself since it's pretty useful, and would help alot of people when trying to restock :)

2)I'd love any feedback anyone has on this, go ahead and let me know what you think!

3)This is a big project to say the least. Especially since it needs to be kept up to date, and I'd happily accept help from any friendly neopets users, however you don't have to help me out in order to use it at all! It's just a big project, as I said :)

If you do want to help me out with the spreadsheet in any way, or notice I've got any prices wrong, please neomail me in game (user: phantomkay) or post on here :)

Links:

Unpublished: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y4HEOxV5t8IE94XEx8L72Hu7JqT_hR1Z3NHzgPtp-sc/edit#gid=556261593

Published: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1y4HEOxV5t8IE94XEx8L72Hu7JqT_hR1Z3NHzgPtp-sc/pubhtml

Thankyou for taking the time to read this and any feedback I receive, hope it helps someone! :)

Thank you so much for this! I agree with you that all restocking guides are outdated. I decided to restock in the coin shop and it told me to buy everything, you'll make millions. I bought a Gormball Coin for 5,000np and lost 4,500np!

But this guide you've written is super helpful; I've seen a Big Gulp Neocola before and not known it was worth all of that money! Thanks so much; I'm going to make real millions with this!

Also, I'd like to help, except I can't Neomail.

WOW these guides are helpful.  You're a godsend!

All I do is restock chocolate.  I hang out in the chocolate factory all day.  I found out the hard way that the guides are all old.  I bought some Dark Chocolate Lutari's and lost 9k on each purchase.  Ouch.  

I've been wondering this for awhile; from time to time I see Orange Chocolate Mynci's in the chocolate factory and they restock at 2,500.  Every time I check them on the Shop Wiz, they sell for around 900.  Where is everyone getting these cheap Orange Chocolate Mynci's?  Is there another store that's selling them for cheap?  I can never figure out where the cheaper ones are being supplied.

That's amazing! Thank you for sharing! :D

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

blinkk5 - Hi! Glad you like it. Yea I've been burnt too in the past that's why I made the guide! :)

I don't know where the people are getting the Myncis from, but if they aren't supplied cheap, all I can imagine is supply & demand drove the price down by alot. (No one wants it so sellers bring the price down to get a sale)

sonderlust - Thanks for the compliment! :)

Hi there! I had no idea that food could be so profitable! lol.

Which shop out of those, in your opinion, do you think is the best for restocking? :O

I've been restocking at the Toy Shop and Plushie Palace and have probably lost more profit than I've gained. :/ and it's hard to buy things because they sell out so fast!

PinkPoison223 - Hi there :) it depends really...
If you have a good memory, I'd say remember all the ones in green & yellow for all the shops, and have them all open.
If you don't have the best memory, I'd recommend the tropical food shop. Since there's less items stocked there, so the proportion of good to bad items is increased.
My personal favourite is the Neopian Food Shop, since there's some items worth alot, and alot mid-range to snap up if you're not the quickest restocker yet.
Also, my account is younger than 3 months old (because I lost my old one..Hopefully gonna get it back. Long story XD), so I can only see items up to 94 rarity in the shops. If that's the case for you I'd recommend the Neopian Food Shop. If not, I'd recommend the Tropical Food Shop, since the higher ticket items there are all of a very high rarity (Doughnut fruits) and pretty easy to remember.
Sorry for the paragraph, I talk alot. Haha! Hope that helped. :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Do not remove mod edits.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Just stopping by one more time to tell you I use your spreadsheet almost daily now.  Like I said, I restock at the Chocolate Factory almost exclusively.  I'm trigger happy, so when I see something that's worth big neopoints, I usually jump on it without thinking.  Now when I'm restocking I like to have your spreadsheet open, and then I can real quickly reference the item before I buy it.  It saved me from buying an expensive Banana Gummy Slorg today.  

Thanks!

• 4 years later...
  • Duma locked this topic