Strange Neopet Habits!

tk421beth

Hey guys!

I wanted to know if anyone out there as strange as I am! (:

For instance: I print out the lists of Gourmet Foods and Books that my main pet needs to eat/read, so get a trophy in the future. I go through them almost every day, and put an "X" over the items when she eats the foods/read the books, or circle the item with an "X" through it, so I will remember my pet won't eat the food/read the book.

I am totally obsessed by these lists.

Anyone else out there crazy like me?

*I hope so*

:laughingsmiley:

I literally have done the same with my Usuki doll/set collection in my gallery. I printed off the whole list and mark the ones off as I get them. I will probably do the same with books and any other list type item I do later on. 

You are not the only one...I thought I was! My husband was joking me about it, now I can tell him there are others! Haha.

Also, if your pet says the book is boring...switch languages until they read it. 

Thanks, TinaS88! I will switch languages. I didn't even think of that, d'oh! :P

My husband thinks I am CRAZY playing on here. But I have fun! You go ahead and tell him there are others out there!

I'm glad I met someone like me on here, haha! ^_^

Oh my goodness, Tina...my pet, Bisbee just read 31 more books that she previously refused to read...changing the language is awesome! Thanks again for the tip!

Well, I suppose it is strange that I don't do that, compared to "normal" Neopians (such as yourself and TinaS88)! I read here, and on Neoboards, that it is a good idea to keep track of things like that, SDB items, Gallery items - anything and everything you have/have done on Neopets, just in case something happens to your account. I know TDN, and other Neopets fan sites have checklists for all sorts of Neopets things. So, strange? No. Crazy? Nope.

EDIT: I bet that there is something both of your husbands do, that you and others would think strange, too.

I'm a little crazy too. I will spend a lot of time stalking multiple food shops for gourmet foods for my gourmet pet Mafoobaloop with a list of the gourmet foods on my desk.

I found that changing the language sometimes also helps him eat foods that he says he won't eat.

I'm super crazy about chocolate.  I love chocolate in real life, so I collect the neopets chocolate - specifically the kinds that are shaped like the pets!  I wanted a shop that had one of every piece of chocolate on display.  Turns out, us neopians like to buy chocolate and it sells faster than I can restock it.  It's turned into a fun numbers game with me.  I have excel sheets of how frequently Milk Chocolate Scorchios sell out.  I'm telling you...I can't keep them stocked.  

Now I track how fast chocolate sells in my store.  Like you, I have excel sheets.  It's kind of fun, actually.

I do the same thing with my Stamps. I had wrote a list years ago and I keep adding to it over and over and crossing out which ones I have. The prices are so excessive for some stamps it will take me years to save! But I love it! I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps lists! 

I had no idea that when a pet said *that is such a boring book* that it meant they had not read it. I have passed on several books (and gourmet foods) I will trythe  language trick next time. Thank you. 

I love how there are other Neopet geeks that print out lists, Excel spreadsheets, etc. I'm not the only one!

I also get obsessed with everyone's comments. I looooove comments, and always comment back! Thanks, guys! It's interesting to see what lists/habits we have to obtain our favorite Neopet items! :wub_anim: <3

Well, I suppose it is strange that I don't do that, compared to "normal" Neopians (such as yourself and TinaS88)! I read here, and on Neoboards, that it is a good idea to keep track of things like that, SDB items, Gallery items - anything and everything you have/have done on Neopets, just in case something happens to your account. I know TDN, and other Neopets fan sites have checklists for all sorts of Neopets things. So, strange? No. Crazy? Nope.

EDIT: I bet that there is something both of your husbands do, that you and others would think strange, too.

Yes, agreed...I bet there is a lot of stuff our husbands do that is pretty strange ^_^

I'm a little crazy too. I will spend a lot of time stalking multiple food shops for gourmet foods for my gourmet pet Mafoobaloop with a list of the gourmet foods on my desk.

I found that changing the language sometimes also helps him eat foods that he says he won't eat.

Yes, i just discovered this trick! I am really happy about it! :laughingsmiley:

I'm super crazy about chocolate.  I love chocolate in real life, so I collect the neopets chocolate - specifically the kinds that are shaped like the pets!  I wanted a shop that had one of every piece of chocolate on display.  Turns out, us neopians like to buy chocolate and it sells faster than I can restock it.  It's turned into a fun numbers game with me.  I have excel sheets of how frequently Milk Chocolate Scorchios sell out.  I'm telling you...I can't keep them stocked.  

Now I track how fast chocolate sells in my store.  Like you, I have excel sheets.  It's kind of fun, actually.

I had no idea that chocolate sells so quickly! I get some chocolate, and put it in my SDB. I have my main pet eat it, if it's a rare food. I love playing the numbers game! :nerd: 

I do the same thing with my Stamps. I had wrote a list years ago and I keep adding to it over and over and crossing out which ones I have. The prices are so excessive for some stamps it will take me years to save! But I love it! I'm glad I'm not the only one who keeps lists! 

Yes, it seems that there are a few of us, right? :thumbsup:

I had no idea that when a pet said *that is such a boring book* that it meant they had not read it. I have passed on several books (and gourmet foods) I will trythe  language trick next time. Thank you. 

I just found out last night. I'm super thrilled, since most of the books my Bisbee has to read are on the cheaper side, so I just need to catch up. I tried to "like" your comment, but I have to many likes. How does that happen? We should like a ton of stuff, and not have it limited! ;)

I haven't gone so far as making any physical copies of lists, but that doesn't mean I'm not strange too!

I have made item lists on JellyNeo for things I want to add to my gallery (Everything GREEN!!!) both by having the word green in the title and just having noticeable green in the image. I also have a list of what I have in my gallery to try to track how much it's worth.

[bTW Jellyneo's Item Database is really helpful for making and keeping track of lists of items in case you didn't know]

I also track what I buy and sell in stocks each day to track how much I make per month there.

So you're definitely not the only strange one out there.

YES YES YES

I seriously make lists for everything. I love checklists! Although for me it isn't so much a neopets habit than it is a "me" habit. I have a specific composition notebook where I store all my gaming notes. Not so coincidentally, I am also in love with highlighters. I own about six different sets, because every time I see a new brand at the store, I just have to buy them lol!

Hey guys!

I wanted to know if anyone out there as strange as I am! (:

For instance: I print out the lists of Gourmet Foods and Books that my main pet needs to eat/read, so get a trophy in the future. I go through them almost every day, and put an "X" over the items when she eats the foods/read the books, or circle the item with an "X" through it, so I will remember my pet won't eat the food/read the book.

I am totally obsessed by these lists.

Anyone else out there crazy like me?

*I hope so*

:laughingsmiley:

Well, making a list isn't so strange, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that YOU aren't strange. :shiftyeyes_anim:.ol.  (you know I still love ya sista).  I made a list of items in my SDB, emails from TNT, neofriends, battledome stats, avatars, etc so that if anything happens to my account, it is easier to prove that it is mine.  So I suppose a list of books read and foods eaten is a good idea too. 

I have gotten onto this Neoquest I and II gaming kick (I want to finish all difficulties on both of them, plus it gives a bunch of random events), and I have researched guides and maps for both and have a ton of pages pinned to my browser bookmarks. As in 13 different webpages. I also write down notes for a better gaming experience the next time I play through. I wish beating all difficulties gave you an awesome avatar or something!

I do keep lists of random foods that my pets won't eat. For example, 3 out of 4 pets won't eat tchea fruits, but I could never remember which ones. I am also a spreadsheet fanatic, so I have a sheet tracking my nps, another one tracking what I win/lose from the wheels, the lottery numbers that are most likely to win, price variations of certain items, etc.

This is totally awesome! Thank you, everyone for your replies on this topic.

My husband and our 14 year old son totally make fun of me, playing Neopets, my checklists, etc.

I don't feel so alone! YAY! :laughingsmiley: :dance:

The Altador Cup brings out all of my weird habits.  I calculate how long I will have to play to get All Star well in advance.  I figure out how many games I need to play and how long it will take me to play those games.  I figure it out for a few different combinations, including using the maximum amount of time it will take me to play a game of YYB and a time based on my average score.  For my average score, I use the most recent year and one that is averaged from the last three years.  I divide that by how many days I intend on playing to figure out how long it is each day.  Once I have that figured out, I start planning out what I'm going to do during that time, like if I want to watch an entire television show during that time or something like that.  I check to make sure I'm on schedule multiple times during the day, and I revise things every few days, since I never just do what I plan to do while playing.

• 1 year later...

Well, I don't print them out, but I have specific wishlists on Jellyneo that have what my pet still needs to read/eat, so I won't give it to them again.  I also am part of a guild where you rank up depending on how many gifts you give to people on Neo, so I keep a log of all the gifts I give.  I also have a gratitude list on Mint5012's petpage for all the gifts people have given me.  I guess I just like keeping track of stuff ;P

On 2/14/2016 at 9:40 PM, rntracy1 said:

Well, making a list isn't so strange, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that YOU aren't strange. :shiftyeyes_anim:.ol.  (you know I still love ya sista).  I made a list of items in my SDB, emails from TNT, neofriends, battledome stats, avatars, etc so that if anything happens to my account, it is easier to prove that it is mine.  So I suppose a list of books read and foods eaten is a good idea too. 

That's a really good idea!  I should probably start doing something like that, too, just in case something happens.  Although, I have a pin set to the things that matter, so hopefully nothing will.

25 minutes ago, ShadowyIce said:

I have specific wishlists on Jellyneo that have what my pet still needs to read/eat

!!!!!

THAT is an EXCELLENT idea!

Those wishlists are really very useful!

There's nothing I really do at the moment but a long time ago when I was big into restocking I had a spreadsheet with an average cost of an item, the highest I was willing to pay and the lowest I had ever gotten it for, I loved going through that thing. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not as active as I once was but I used to play every game in my favorites and then deposit 2k of my earnings in the bank every day for a rainy day.