Neo Vet- TDN newbie

Kaylethpop

Hello! Recently got back into Neopets after a long hiatus! My first account I made back in 99 when I was 9 years old. 

Little about myself...typical 25 year old. I like video games and binge watching TV shows... I religiously play DotA 2. Feel free to add me on steam. Same as my username here.

Now that im back on neopets and my account has aged, Ive gotten into the food club! I look forward to waking up everyday at 2pm to get ready and collect my winnings lol. Im collecting avatars at the moment and trying to read my ProudClodz lots of books. 

All my neopets are named after things I love.

ChaoticDragon, my boyfriends game tag

ProudClodz, my precious fluffy baby. (my cat)

CrystalMaiyden, the hero I main with in Dota

I guess thats a good enough introduction, amirite?

Welcome!

I too am the typical binge eating 25yo. I hear rumors that our metabolisms slow as we age, but I'm kind of in denial about that. Funny I just got into food club betting a few weeks ago as well! I never realized that such profit existed on neopets.

Aminoshiki, I think she said "binge watching tv shows" lol. But I suppose binge eating is fun too.  You are correct, the first metabolic slowdown occurs at, wait for it......25!  Then it is pretty much the same until around 35, then dips again around 40.  As I am 44 I haven't yet hit another :sick01: .  I am assuming around 45-50 I can expect another. 

I see you are into Death Metal.  Me too.  Although, Death metal at 25 and Death metal at 44 might be a little bit different, but none-the-less, I am sure there are overlaps that we have in common. :rock:

Kaylethpop, Welcome back to neopets.  FC is great for earning NPs.  Trudy's surprise can be as well as long as you are spinning it every day.  If you don't spin every day, you will only get 2000 nps when you do spin.  Otherwise, it goes up and up each day until you hit 100,000nps then it starts over again.  So that is a great way to earn nps too.

Haha! Binge eating goes well with binge watch so I do a lot of that as well! I've kept my figure so far but I'm sure that'll stop at any moment if I keep it up LOL! And yeah metal now is a lot different from then. Not exactly death metal but I'm a big fan of Dio!

And yeah Trudy's surprise had been a big help to me! I love this new feature!!

BAHAHAHAH my bad!!! :whistle:

I don't even binge watch tv shows, so food was naturally all I could think of.

And yes! Metal is awesome! Dio is awesome...fell in love with Holy Diver, thanks to the cover by Kill switch Engage several years back. My favorite band is Between the Buried and Me, if you guys would like to check them out. =] They can get heavy, but I love that they have many technical components to their music as well. Honestly I love listening to different generations and hearing the different influences within all the music.

Welcome back!!

I had an account a very long time ago as well. 27, wife, mother. I also game and binge on shows, lol. I have tried to get into FC but I am still not quite understanding how it works....probably gonna look up a guide soon. I'm into collecting avatars and books too but trying to focus on my gallery (Usuki dolls/sets). My pet was created by my husband. He picked the species, color and name.....Swoop1960 and green it's an Eagles (football) reference. 

As for binge eating, if your metabolism starts slowing down at 25, I'm in trouble!!!

Neo name: TinaS88   feel free to add me, I love making new friends!

Welcome welcome! 32yo grad student here. :) Binge watching is the new.. "X marathon" I suppose. At least, they used to do show marathons on the weekends when I was little, I don't know anymore.  

I haven't got into FC, it just seems like a bit more work than I want while I"m trying to work on my thesis. :) My NP moments are basically dailies, training, and my current goal is the Kad avatar. That'll take me a while, so I have some time to choose a new one. HA

(And yes, the first slowdown is around there. But, healthy habits like adding in a serving of veggies BEFORE eating the starches and proteins, and adding in an extra mile of walking in the day is usually sufficient to stave it off. Binge eating though, will catch up to you!)

Im working on Kads too! Ive got 12 so far. I think Im gonna give it a break once I hit gold (25!)

Ive found a great FCer to follow. They update their bets between midnight and 12:30 nst. Am I allowed to post links? Im gonna post it just let me know if I should take it down!
(its a neopets link)
http://www.neopets.com/~FoodClubBets
Ive made a profit everyday since Ive used it. Great source of income!

Currently Im blowing through episodes of Degrassi haha. Just got to season 5! I used to watch it religiously after school when I was a kid. Boy it makes me NOT miss high school!

Yes training pets is fun too but man is it tedious. Doing dubloons right now cause its cheaper. Not looking forward to codestones!!

Also, My cat. Proud Clod

XWJirkk.png

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Also, please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Good FC link! I usually just make blind bets and hope for the best  :laughingsmiley:

Currently binge watching/ catching up on superhero series (AoS, Gotham, Arrow and Daredevil) all while binge eating too! I'm not looking forward to my metabolism slowing down (Just turned 24) 

Good Luck with the Kads, I don't have the patience for that and really admire people that do :P

Welcome back!!

I had an account a very long time ago as well. 27, wife, mother. I also game and binge on shows, lol. I have tried to get into FC but I am still not quite understanding how it works....probably gonna look up a guide soon. I'm into collecting avatars and books too but trying to focus on my gallery (Usuki dolls/sets). My pet was created by my husband. He picked the species, color and name.....Swoop1960 and green it's an Eagles (football) reference. 

As for binge eating, if your metabolism starts slowing down at 25, I'm in trouble!!!

Neo name: TinaS88   feel free to add me, I love making new friends!

If you don't mind, I will PM you.  I got another friend here into FC.  She didn't know the first thing about it.  Besides that her brain (as well as my own :sad01_anim: ) doesn't  do high function thinking too well.  But I gave her a great guide as well as some good step by step instructions, and she is a pro, um, er.....semi-pro FC'er now.  Both of us do fairly well at it.  I don't make LOADS of cash, but I made almost 40,000 profit today!  Not bad for one day.  I make AT LEAST 11,600/day as I can only bet 5800 per day due to my acct age.  I will PM you.

BAHAHAHAH my bad!!! :whistle:

I don't even binge watch tv shows, so food was naturally all I could think of.

And yes! Metal is awesome! Dio is awesome...fell in love with Holy Diver, thanks to the cover by Kill switch Engage several years back. My favorite band is Between the Buried and Me, if you guys would like to check them out. =] They can get heavy, but I love that they have many technical components to their music as well. Honestly I love listening to different generations and hearing the different influences within all the music.

Ok. I am right there with you girlfriend.  Ronny James Dio, RIP, is awesome.  I also listen to Kill Switch, Slip Knot (saw them in concert twice), Slayer (with Dave Lombardo), SevenDust, Lacunacoil, Megadeth, Metallica.  Saw Metallica many many times, saw SevenDust, Slayer a few times, Queensryche.  The good ole days of Ozzy, Kiss, and Motley Crue.  But then, I am dating myself there.  lol.  We are definitely kindred spirits.  People at work (I am the meek little school nurse-lol) would never think I listen to this stuff.  lol. :rock:

Im working on Kads too! Ive got 12 so far. I think Im gonna give it a break once I hit gold (25!)

Ive found a great FCer to follow. They update their bets between midnight and 12:30 nst. Am I allowed to post links? Im gonna post it just let me know if I should take it down!

(its a neopets link)

http://www.neopets.com/~FoodClubBets

Ive made a profit everyday since Ive used it. Great source of income!

Currently Im blowing through episodes of Degrassi haha. Just got to season 5! I used to watch it religiously after school when I was a kid. Boy it makes me NOT miss high school!

Yes training pets is fun too but man is it tedious. Doing dubloons right now cause its cheaper. Not looking forward to codestones!!

Also, My cat. Proud Clod

XWJirkk.png

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above. Also, please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I too thought I would take a break from Kadding after Silver, after Gold, and After the avatar.  lol.  I went for 8 more after the avvie, so I could officially call myself an over feeder.  lol.  I took a break after my first feed, for like a day or two, mainly because I was sooooo psyched that I got the feed and a trophy.  But that wore off quickly and I was ready for more.  I really enjoyed the milestones of all the trophies, but I really that avvie badly.  I didn't really take a break.  I only went for 2-4 kads per day, so I didn't go crazy.  I mean, heck, you can go an hour or more between mains.  It is ridiculous!  Sometimes, if it went quickly, I would get 4 or 5 feeds per day.  It took me about 3 weeks to get the avvie.  You can do it.

true that. One day I had 5 feeds but man its kinda time consuming doing it for hours at a time. every 7 mins if feed misses. was trying to do them inbetween working on my altador plot but now I am stuck on feeding the darn petpet!

Ok, you guys are crazy. I have 2 kads fed and that was within a time period of me seriously trying for several months. Haha. Probably a combination of my techniques and internet speed. I couldn't imagine ever having even the slightest desire of being an overfeeder!

Ok, you guys are crazy. I have 2 kads fed and that was within a time period of me seriously trying for several months. Haha. Probably a combination of my techniques and internet speed. I couldn't imagine ever having even the slightest desire of being an overfeeder!

No kidding! And they completely ruin it for people trying to get there avatar. I mean good on them for having the motivation but it sucks for everyone else who doesnt have premium and a sdb full of UB kad foods.