I'm Back for a While!

herrashmoo

Hey! So I was around for a while a couple of years ago, and then I disappeared, and then I was around for a while again last spring, and then I disappeared again, and now I'm back once again! It seems like once a year I get a solid month or two run at Neo before Real Life™ gets in my way.

Introduction stuff: I'm a sixth-year undergrad senior at a university in Ohio, finishing up a degree in English after jumping majors thrice (it's been a long, winding road through hell, lmao). I write copy for a textile company in New York and help run the campaign of a local charity group, so between these three rings, my life seems to constantly be in a state of half-organized chaos.

I play the ukulele pretty well and the mandolin, banjo, and guitar not as well. I write poetry (and am actually working on my capstone project -- a full chapbook of work for potential publishing, yikes) and play a lot of video games, when I have time. I listen to the Hamilton OST at least thrice weekly.

And once a year, I binge hard on Neopets for like a month or two, and suddenly disappear for like ten months, and it just so happens I'm in a binge period, lmao. It's nice to be back at it.

Welcome back! Nice to here you figure out the college life. I am terrified of declaring a major. I've been debating between Bio and Math. I normally do the same thing with neopet around the worst of times. I have exams I should be studying for lol. 

Haha, my binges are usually coincide with midterms or finals as well (midterms at the moment, yikes).

Deciding a major is so difficult -- I, myself, went from Microbiology to Anthropology at one school, switched to a community college for some cheaper credits, and went from English with a Literature concentration to English with a Creative Writing concentration at my current school, so I can tell you firsthand of the horrors of figuring stuff out. I'm just glad to finally have managed to get into a program that I love and feel like it's going to go somewhere after school -- my science majors always felt more like walls I had to climb and conquer, my English majors have felt more like boosts to what I already was doing well in. I wish you all the luck in figuring it out!

I graduated from KSU (I also live in Ohio!) with an AS in Integrated Language Arts, didn't care for the teaching part, so I have a BA in English with a Creative Writing concentration. I was the publicity manager for Canto, their Creative Arts magazine. Nice seein' ya' on Neopets! I don't feel so strange or alone in my addiction now lol!

Well howdy and welcome back!

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Rune Valentine) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at 7 words or above.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I graduated from KSU (I also live in Ohio!) with an AS in Integrated Language Arts, didn't care for the teaching part, so I have a BA in English with a Creative Writing concentration. I was the publicity manager for Canto, their Creative Arts magazine. Nice seein' ya' on Neopets! I don't feel so strange or alone in my addiction now lol!

Oh, cool! I applied to KSU back when I was still in high school, but the allure of Columbus overtook it in my personal rankings and I ended up at OSU for a few years instead, lol. What kind of stuff do you write? I tend toward poetry but I'm trying to learn how to do lyrical essay/creative nonfic stuff as well!

It's always nice to hear of other adult-y people playing Neo, though; it validates my random addiction periods and makes me feel less weird about spending hours taking care of my little pixel clusters, lmao.

I write poetry, was published in Canto and Buried Letter Press...nothing huge lol. I love to write children's books. The one I'm writing now is called Floribunda, and it is set in a place where all the characters are named after flora...King Goldenrod, Jonquil, the unassuming hero, the evil Nightshade, etc. In the back, I'd like to list the different flowers and such and describe what they are used for, their science-y schtuffs, and some history. I am also writing a shorter book that begins: "A million huzzahs, and and a zillion hoorays, for Old Man McGee, and his fancy toupees!" It deals with bullying in a light-hearted way...nothing heavy, but in the end, the underdog triumphs. :)
"Pixel clusters"! I love it!

Oh, that sounds so cool! I used to love books that would have cool little fun fact stuff at the end -- I remember reading some picture book that had like, an appendix about all the animals portrayed in the story, it was really awesome. Plus, it came with the rad bonus of like, actually having educational value alongside the fun story.

There's a couple people in my capstone class who are focusing on children's and adolescent lit, and a couple of them are actually working on completing a book as their final project, which just seems like an insurmountable amount of work for one semester, lmao. Then again, I'm supposed to finish writing a book of poetry before the end of the semester -- we're halfway through and I've only written about a third so far, so I need to get myself going.