1p top opponents

Hi all, I am an old time player who have decided to come back to neopets as university life is tough and boring.

I was shocked to see the change to battledome and now it gives out prizes! I've heard that fighting the Koi Warrior is profitable but for me whose stats are not there yet, is there any opponent that I can best and still get decent prizes?

Here are my stats

Hit Points: 35 / 35
Strength: GREAT (31)
Defence: GREAT (32)
Movement: GREAT (25)

Also it'll help if you can recommend weapons to come with the opponents.

I like using the gilded war hammer and flask of liquid light as weapons. They're very cheap! 

I also recommend fighting the chia clown as I often get red codestones or chocolate ice creams. I usually fight him on 'hard' but I'm not sure if that affects the prizes.

I'm no battle expert - I'm pretty new to it myself but he's my favourite low level opponent.

Hi invigoration!

Yep, the Beta BD is nice, giving out prizes and all. You can get 15 prizes per day, and I think the NP amount caps off at about 1,500np. Not a lot, but a nice touch. It's also nice that you can receive Weak Bottled Faeries from the BD. I remember when those first came out, INSANE prices like 60k+ for ONE Weak Bottled Light Faerie. Not the case anymore. lol The Light Faerie is popular for some of the faerie abilities.

Anyway, Charelan's tip is quite good. Chia Clown should be among the easiest opponents in the BD. I don't know myself if the difficulty really matters for earning certain prizes. I usually go after the MIGHTY difficulty, the red face. Which makes the opponents as tough as they can be, stat-wise.

If you need help with the Chia Clown, here is a link to his profile on TDN's Battlepedia.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/viewprofile/103/

If you'd like to explore other 1p opponent stats. Here is a link to the active challengers you can get.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/oneplayer/index/

If you have Premium, you can view those profiles on the above link and using the dropdown menu, Select Active Challengers (Premium) to see the 2 opponents subscribers get additionally.

If you wish to take part in the skirmishes for the temporary blessing of the Obelisk. You may check on the status of things here.

http://www.neopets.com/prehistoric/battleground/

That link is where you go to sign up for a faction, where your skirmish battles can be counted DURING the fighting, and of course, where you go to claim your boon, if your faction won, or your consolation prize if your faction didn't win. A skirmish JUST finished, so it'll be a week before we can choose new factions.

To view the Obelisk War challengers, you go to the link with all the currently available challengers. Select from the dropdown menu Obelisk War and that will take you to the Obelisk Skirmish challengers. The war has been over for quite some time, but these skirmishes are kind of like guild battles, only it's determined by battles of individuals every week, and then whomever racks up the most wins I believe, is how the winning faction is awarded. Boons last for a week and then 3 random factions are up for selection again.

Since the prizes from the Ugga Ugga dome, where all skirmish battles are fought in, are pretty common and not worth much. I'd recommend getting your 15 prizes from another arena, such as from battling Chia Clown, before doing your skirmish battles.

Here is the link to the Skirmishes Guide.

http://thedailyneopets.com/obelisk-war/skirmishes

If you want to see which factions get what boons, this guide is for you. :)

http://www.thedailyneopets.com/obelisk-war/skirmish-factions/

As for weapons, get this...

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/weapon/viewweap/273

Downsize! (Spelled just like that WITH the Exclamation mark) Works 1 time per battle, as you may know. it blocks 50% of damage and then disappears until the next battle. There is another version, Downsize Power Plus, AVOID THIS! It blocks all damage, but then disappears FOREVER.

If you want a 1-use item that you must continually rebuy, go for a Thick Smoke Bomb ONE-use, but blocks ALL damage that turn. MUCH cheaper than the retired Downsize Power Plus. But at your stats and against the Chia Clown, I doubt you'll need anything as pricey as either of the one-use items I just mentioned. Just make sure you have a Downsize! in your battle set and it'll pay for itself easily. They should be under 10k. :) Chia Clown's weapons don't have many icons to block or to defend against. So he should be fairly easy for you. If you need a SUPER cheap once-per-battle healer. You might consider Slime Potion which heals 10, or I forget what the price is for a Lesser Healing Scroll, but I believe it's a bit more powerful on the once per battle healing. Sorry, I've been up all night, and I'm not really at 100% Right now... ^^;

Speaking of, that's all I have time for for now.

I hope this helps! :D

Good luck! And happy battling! :D

Thanks aquamentis for the extremely informative post! I got myself a Downsize! and half damage is really useful with a scarab ring. Nice for finishing opponents off without taking too much damage on the last turn.

and thanks Sara, I think I would really attempt Donny soon. I got myself some red codestones and it really pays!

Gosh you guys would qualify for a PhD in neopets.

You're welcome invigoration. LOL It's what I'm here for. XD
You might also just browse through the weapons in the battlepedia. I sometimes do that. Just look at whatever piece of equipment catches my eye. But also, in the articles section, there are some very good articles for beginners.

Here is a link to "All Helpful Battle Articles" which can be found under that exact heading in the BP.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/index/

Melida's journey is a good one which kind of goes through the process of starting out in the BD. Basic Weapon Sets article has a good guideline on popular weapons that are powerful for the price. The prices get updated now and then. You could find a lot of interesting help there. But they are just GUIDElines. There are plenty of interesting weapons, but some of the best and most commonly used are listed there. ;)

Battledome Strength and Defence Boosts are the same here as in the old BD, but if you need to know how much more training a stat needs to reach the next boost multiplier, that article is short and just perfect for finding out. ;)

One last link on the Obelisk War challengers that are fought during the Skirmish battles I mentioned earlier. We have a guide for them too!

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/obelisk-war-challenger-guide/

If you wish to take part in the Skirmishes, it should prove useful, as your stats are higher than some of the minimums indicated in the guide.

Hi all, I am an old time player who have decided to come back to neopets as university life is tough and boring.

I was shocked to see the change to battledome and now it gives out prizes! I've heard that fighting the Koi Warrior is profitable but for me whose stats are not there yet, is there any opponent that I can best and still get decent prizes?

Here are my stats

Hit Points: 35 / 35

Strength: GREAT (31)

Defence: GREAT (32)

Movement: GREAT (25)

Also it'll help if you can recommend weapons to come with the opponents.

Another challenger who gives out codestones as well as neocola tokens is Kreludan defender robot.  You should be ok on the red face level but the yellow face level also gives them.  I like the ridiculously heavy battle hammer, the scroll of ultranova, Ultranova (it is one use to multi use), battle muffins- smelly dung muffin, stone muffin, water muffin.  They are all good beginning weapons.  A good beginning healer is Magical Healing Potion.  It heals up to 15 HPs and you can get it for 1 np.  The ultranova also heals while doing damage. 

For higher level challengers, Robo Grarrl is great!  I battle him on yellow which starts him at 300 HPs (even though it says 180).  I fought him today and in ONE BATTLE got an Eo codestone and Kew Codestone!  I LOVE IT when I get more than 1 codestone in a battle :rock: .  The Giant Spectral Mutant Walein is good too.  On red level he has 182 HPs and gives codestones. 

Thanks Tracy!

The scroll of ultranova is now really cheap gosh, and it does 11 icons? And ultranova is good as I can skip the visits to healing springs. Kinda lazy to keep stocking those though. I bought myself some cursed elixir which really speeds up the farming!

I know, I really hate having to keep stocking up on the ultranovas too.  Sometimes I get lucky and win them in battle which is nice, and I only buy them for less than 50nps.  When I find them cheap, I stock up all at once.  I don't buy them 1 at a time, I buy 10 or more at a time.  I probably drive the market crazy, LOL.  When they see someone buying 10+ ultranovas for 10-20nps they probably think, "hey, why not increase the price to 40-50nps?"  Then they sit there and sit there.  LOL.  Then when I am all out, I come back for more.  Dark novas are also pretty good, but only last once. 

The scroll of ultranova is AWESOME!  you can't beat 11 icons for 1 np!  It has been in my arsenal since I was a beginner.  At 334 HP I consider myself an intermediate battler.  I am not a beginner, but by far an expert.  My battle set includes my scroll of ultranova, ultranova, greater healing scroll which is far too weak for me at this point (I am saving up for Bag of Lenny healing seeds), Entangling Lenny Lasso, Battle muffin, ramtors spellbook, patched magic hat, and depending upon the challenger, either Scarab ring or staff of righteous fury.  Lens flare, icicle, and burrow are also very useful faerie abilities.