The Daily Neopets Forum
Arlo

Is there anything that makes you angry about Neopets?

Because I've just discovered something that kind of angered me.

I have Autism, but neopets has deemed the names "Autism" and "Autistic" as inappropriate. Blind and Deaf are fine, so is Downsyndrome, Aspergers, Specialneeds, Spastic (which, at least in my country, is deemed a slur), Tourette, amongst others.

Why is it that only Autism seems to be "inappropriate", despite this being a kids site and it being something that lots of kids deal with on a day to day basis...?

Maybe it's under their "hot topic" clause for banning a lot of conversation points - politics, homosexuality, self-harm, etc?

I'm sorry that you're angered by this, and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that the other names you threw out are acceptable.

I think the only reason they banned "Autism" and "Autistic" is because trolls were using the words as insults:sad01_anim: I would guess that they would ban the other labels if there was enough complaints from users reporting any abuse.

You could use "autie", though I know that not everyone is a fan of that. It sounds a little childish to me... even though I'm quite childish, too, honestly. XD

I just reminded myself to go back and read the editorials I always forget to read, and I found this which baffles, annoys, and angers me in last weeks:

So I was talking on the boards about using Control F to sniff out 5k and 10k items in large shops, and I was wondering if that is allowed or not.
I would steer clear, especially holding down any button to continually refresh looks highly suspicious to support! So, to keep everything fair and safe, I would say you guys are obviously welcome to refresh but try not to hold down any keys or do anything that results in 5 or more refreshes per second (that's sketchy)!

Control F is find on page.  She seems to think it's refresh (ctrl-R, F5, command instead of control on mac).  How can anyone these days not know those two apart, ESPECIALLY someone who works at a tech company?  HOW!?!?  Who is neopets hiring that they don't know such basic computer competency?