Avatar Solution vs. Inventory Capacity

kayahtik

So I've been using TDN's handy dandy avatar checklists to collect some avs lately, but I've come across something a little odd.

For the "I Taunt the Pant Devil" avatar, TDN's solution is: "View your inventory while having an item or items in your inventory that total an "Est. Value" of 5 million NP or higher, such as 93 Golden Geraptiku Talisman (roughly 25k total) or 121 Bag of Infinite Neggs (roughly 12k total). Refreshing is required."

So you're supposed to have 93 or 121 of these respective items (or something similar, depending on their Estimated Value)? But you can only hold 50 items in your inventory, so how does this work--am I missing something?

So I've been using TDN's handy dandy avatar checklists to collect some avs lately, but I've come across something a little odd.

For the "I Taunt the Pant Devil" avatar, TDN's solution is: "View your inventory while having an item or items in your inventory that total an "Est. Value" of 5 million NP or higher, such as 93 Golden Geraptiku Talisman (roughly 25k total) or 121 Bag of Infinite Neggs (roughly 12k total). Refreshing is required."

So you're supposed to have 93 or 121 of these respective items (or something similar, depending on their Estimated Value)? But you can only hold 50 items in your inventory, so how does this work--am I missing something?

No, you can hold WAY more than 50 items in your inventory actually.  However you cannot purchase items from any shops or receive items from neofriends if you have more than 50 items items in your inventory.  There are other things you cannot do if you have more than 50 items in your inventory as well, such as Edna's quests.  So, once you get your pant devil avatar, make sure to empty your inventory back into your SDB so you can function normally in neopia, but you also don't want valuable items to get stolen in a random event either.  Good luck.

Thanks for your help! I didn't know that at all. So, just to clarify-- should I collect the (for example) 121 Bag of Infinite Neggs in my SDB, and then remove them all at once? Since you can't buy items from a shop if your inventory is "at capacity"...

Thanks for your help! I didn't know that at all. So, just to clarify-- should I collect the (for example) 121 Bag of Infinite Neggs in my SDB, and then remove them all at once? Since you can't buy items from a shop if your inventory is "at capacity"...

Yes, exactly that! I went through and purchased the items in batches for a few days (that way you don't end up buying through all the cheaply priced ones and pay too much!!), stored them in my SDB and then pulled them all when I was ready! Then I sold them all again... 

Yes, exactly that! I went through and purchased the items in batches for a few days (that way you don't end up buying through all the cheaply priced ones and pay too much!!), stored them in my SDB and then pulled them all when I was ready! Then I sold them all again... 

Ah, ok, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for all the help :)