Newish to Battledome - 1 Player Advice

Are there any challengers you would suggest for 1 player battledome that are on the easier end? 

Below are my pet's stats - I currently have equipped:

Trumpet of Deafening 

Supersize Mega Ultra Plus 

Leaded Earth Vial

Deadly Attack Spork

Gilded War Hammer

Shield of the North Wind

Scroll of Ultranova

Leaf Shield 

Species: Kougra Colour: Green Gender: Male Age: 4,403 days Level: 40 Health: 58 / 58 Mood: delighted! Hunger: bloated Strength: AWESOME (62) Defence: AWESOME (79) Move: GREAT (22)

Open to any and all suggestions! 

These are my suggestions for what they are worth.  You don't need two shields.  You need a healer though.  For your hp, I would probably keep the leaf shield, trade the shield of the north wind and go with a Lesser healing scroll.  I think a greater healing scroll may be too much at this time although you could go with that if you prefer.  I would trade the gilded war hammer for a ridiculously heavy battle hammer.  Get rid of the trumpet of deafening and use either an Ultranova (which also gives healing along with 11 damage icons) or a battle muffin.  Although only one use, you can get 15 icons for cheap.  Good luck, happy battles.

I'm a big fan of the Koi Warrior because I feel he drops the most codestones (unproven, just seems like it).  The challenger I started with before leveling up a lot was the S750 Kreludan Defender Robot.  I also suggest saving up for a Rejuvenating Jar of Brains and blessing your pet with enough Light Faeries that you can get a Lens Flare ability, since it makes the opponent unable to use its weapons for a round.

You're certainly off the a great start! Another big help will be training to level 50 and acquiring the Lens Flare ability, as Raelilphil suggested.

It will freeze your opponent for one round which will allow you to one shot a lot of opponents without taking any damage.

Thanks all! Working my way to 50, but I want to get my strength, defense, and endurance to 79 with the pirate school so I can save the NP and codestones for now.  Once I've hit that it'll be levels to 50 first then upping my stats again! I'm going to look into the equipment improvements.  Some of them are just leftovers (Shield of the West Wind I had before leaf shield just never took it off) 

And like has been said above too, Koi warrior (and giant mutant walein) give lots of codestones. I have kept track of my winnings and I really did win more codestones at the water dome. I don't have access to the numbers atm but I do remember it being slightly more normal codestones for Walein and slightly more red ones for Koi. I tested each opponent for at least a week. There was a post on this forum about it too. When I have time, I'll search for it and post the url here in this post.

By winning codestones you win the very thing you need to complete your trainings. (You win dubloons as well) or you can sell what you don't need to buy the ones you need.

• 2 weeks later...

So much great advice! I'd like to draw your attention to TDN Battlepedia's article regarding basic weapon sets.

http://battlepedia.thedailyneopets.com/index.php/articles/viewarticle/basic-weapon-sets/

It has some really good suggestions! Of course, you don't have to use these specific weapons. Think of 'em more like guidelines. ;) But it does give a good idea on weapons for your set, whether you're a beginner, intermediate, expert, or super rich. lol XD

For shields, I like to hold onto different shields and Reflectors. Because whom I battle changes now and then and having a flexible defensive stock to switch out for different challengers is a pretty decent idea, imho. ;) Your Shield of the North Wind, might be helpful in some battle where your Leaf shield might not, and visa versa.

You're definitely want a healing item, Greater Healing Scroll heals 50hp once per battle. But there are weaker healers you might prefer simply because they're cheaper. Like Slime Potion (Heals 10), Bronze Scorchstone (heals 15), Blue Scorchstone is a little higher priced I think, for a 30hp healing. Etc.

I hope this helps, good luck and happy battling!

Oh, almost forgot I promised to search for the post with the data. *blush*

Here's the post: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/39079-battledome-tests/?fromsearch=1

And here is the info I meant about Koi and Walein (if it hasn't changed since sept. 2013):

Next up is the test of who gives the most codestones. So far I've only been testing Koi and Walein. But the result was pretty surprising.

With 15 days of fighting each I had:

Walein: Total regulars+reds: 70 codestones

Koi: Total regulars+reds: 70 codestones

(Yes, really. I planned on battling each for 15 days, so a month in total. The outcome is just coincidence.)

Now the difference:

Walein: gave me 58 regulars and 12 red ones.

Koi gave me 48 regulars and 22 red ones.

• 4 months later...

not rally sure where to post this so please forgive me..

who do you want to vote for this weeks oblisk battledome.

THere is  Brute Squad

•  

•  

Order of the Red Erisim

•  

Awakened

I was thinking awakened, what about you?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts on topic. Please keep obelisk related questions/opinions on the obelisk boards.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.