Stuck on the Water Plant

kayahtik

Ok, so I've made it through this far without the slightest trouble, thanks to TDN's guide. But suddenly, I'm having major issues with this stupid water plant puzzle.

As suggested in the guide, I start by turning all eight levers off. Next, I turn one on--if water appears, I leave it on; if water disappears, I turn it back off; if nothing happens, I turn it back off. I followed this process through all eight levers in the three rooms (several times), but still haven't been redirected to the 'success' page. 

I'm not sure what the problem is, but I do have two things happening that seem odd to me:

1. Sometimes when I turn a lever on, water disappears from one container, but appears in another. I'm not sure if I should leave these switches on or turn them back off. 

2. When turning a lever on makes water disappear, I turn it back off, but the water does not reappear. 

Could this be what's interfering with me solving the puzzle? How should I treat these oddball switches?

I've also tried the refreshing method, but haven't had any luck with that either. I really don't want to resort to doing every single possible combination...

The water flowing or not flowing seem to be just random pictures, when you change the levers, per the "Easy Way to get past the Water Plant" topic, here, on TDN - http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/11992-easy-way-to-get-past-the-water-plant/.

So, your two options are:

1) Use the "Refresh" method. Page 9, of that post, by Marae19, has the updated links to the 8 wheels and levers. It seems to be the quickest way, but still may take sometime. (Seems to have worked for most after 10-20 minutes of trying). I understand you already tried it, but keep trying.

Or,

2) Try all 255 combinations. SunnyNeo has a checklist you can use. You could get lucky and it could be one of the first few ones you try. You never know. But, it could be one of the last ones, too. (Looking at you, Punch Club).

It's up to you. I know you'll get it. We've all been there. Sometimes, these things just take time. IMHO, I felt finding the Spell Book was worse than this. Good luck!

Oh wow, I didn't realize there was an updated set of links. I got it in about 30 seconds using those. Thank you so much!!! If the pictures of the water running/not running don't actually have anything to do with the solution, maybe TNT's guide should be updated?  :mellow:

Now on to the Spell Book...I've seen lots of help threads for that one, which makes me nervous. 

UPDATE: I just finished! The Spell Book part was easy peasy with the guide/spell book finder. Thanks again for your help!

Edited by kayahtik

The water flowing or not flowing seem to be just random pictures, when you change the levers, per the "Easy Way to get past the Water Plant" topic, here, on TDN - http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/11992-easy-way-to-get-past-the-water-plant/.

So, your two options are:

1) Use the "Refresh" method. Page 9, of that post, by Marae19, has the updated links to the 8 wheels and levers. It seems to be the quickest way, but still may take sometime. (Seems to have worked for most after 10-20 minutes of trying). I understand you already tried it, but keep trying.

Or,

2) Try all 255 combinations. SunnyNeo has a checklist you can use. You could get lucky and it could be one of the first few ones you try. You never know. But, it could be one of the last ones, too. (Looking at you, Punch Club).

It's up to you. I know you'll get it. We've all been there. Sometimes, these things just take time. IMHO, I felt finding the Spell Book was worse than this. Good luck!

Yes, so true, we've all been there.  lol.  The spell book WAS definitely the most frustrating part.  I will have to say though, for me anyway, the LONGEST part was getting the darn telescope coordinates to work.  No matter what I did, I kept getting error messages.  I would put it down, come back, and again, it didn't work.  I would come back months later, only to get error messages again.  I saw everyone's trophy in their look up and thought, "if they can do it, so can I."  Only, I couldn't.  But as soon as I posted here asking for help, before anyone even answered me, I went back, and it worked.  Go figure. 

Oh wow, I didn't realize there was an updated set of links. I got it in about 30 seconds using those. Thank you so much!!! If the pictures of the water running/not running don't actually have anything to do with the solution, maybe TNT's guide should be updated?  :mellow:

Now on to the Spell Book...I've seen lots of help threads for that one, which makes me nervous. 

UPDATE: I just finished! The Spell Book part was easy peasy with the guide/spell book finder. Thanks again for your help!

Lucky you.  Congrats.  I got through the water plant with no problem what so ever.  It was finding the spell book that was tough for me.  But, no matter.  Just don't forget, you can now go back every single day and collect a prize forever.  I still do and it has been about a year.

Well, ok. I should have made a disclaimer. When the Water Plant first came out, there was a hypothesis that the water flowing or not flowing had something to do with solving the puzzle. I'm sure many have "happened" upon solving it, by doing that. However, I happen to be part of the latter that believes the pictures are randomly generated, when refreshing the page or changing the wheels or levers. I think the guide is still accurate, though, and maybe a link to the "refresh method" would be nice, but it still got you through it. And the Water Plant guide does have a shot cut method for trying combinations. So, that is what is nice about the TDN forums - you can always ask.