Day 5 - Chariot Chase

hrtbrk

I'm absolutely terrible at this game and literally, the only times I've ever played it is for game challenges.  But I managed to get 100 points on my second try!  This game seems to show up every year so maybe I should work on it and get ready to challenge AAA next time.  

Wow, I scored exactly 1900  (:

I don't know if this makes any difference, but I always choose the Fire Alabriss. Also, I like to restart the game until I have a good power-up straight ahead (preferably sun or cloud, but the clock is helpful too).

I'm so horrible at this game lol The guide made it sound so easy!!!

Have only managed 600, but going to keep trying for 1900

edit: I finally got the score and I forgot to Challenge AAA before I sent it  :crying_blow: nooooooooooo

I'm so horrible at this game lol The guide made it sound so easy!!!

Have only managed 600, but going to keep trying for 1900

edit: I finally got the score and I forgot to Challenge AAA before I sent it  :crying_blow: nooooooooooo

Oh my gosh that's terrible!!!!! :sad02:  This has by far been the hardest one for me, it took me an hour to score, but you don't actually have to get 19 laps to get his score. I think I had 12 or 13. I was plateauing at 5 laps for a really long time.

and yeah, the guide did make it sound easy! Just keep at it and honestly I would just slow down or park where they could all pass me so I could just take up the rear, since it's pretty much not a race, it's just trying to make laps without touching the other chariots. Guess that's why they call it Chariot Chase and not Chariot Race  :stitchface:

Yaay, I made it! Got around 20k. I'm glad that game is over! It's one of the few games I'm terrible at. I love a good race game but not one in an 8 shape where I also have to avoid others crashing into me. In normal race games both cars are affected and the worst that happens is you lose your (1st) position, not a life :p

Well, it took me 1/2 hr, but I finally made it around the track for one lap on my 3rd try.  I got 100 pts, and am very happy with my 5 for 5 on Abigail Dares. :)

I got 2500 and sent it not realizing I hadn't challenged AAA yet..... I'm so mad right now....

I FINALLY GOT IT FOR AAA!!! YESSSS!!!!

Wow! Was that rough! Just made it. I used Angelo's advice - normal, and take it easy. When you realize you can take your time, to get AAA's score, it helped. I, also, used deboratibi's advice - using the Fire Alabriss. That puts you on the far, left side, when starting. It keeps you on the outside edge, and if you let everyone else pass you, in the beginning, it can make the first lap, easier. Finally, I used someone's advice from the Neoboards - stay in the safe spot, when you can. The safe spot is on the left, top, side of the laying down number 8, right below the "Lives" box, on the track. If you say on the outside edge, in the light colored part of the track, on the white line, you can wait there, for as long as you like. I'd make a lap, and, then, stay in the "safe spot". When it was clearer, or a cloud or sun appeared in an area easy for me to get, I'd go for it. As long as I got the "boost", I'd make a lap, and then stay in the "safe spot". 19 or 20 times of doing that, you got it!