Never give up on your dream pet name!

Winter

I'm sure we've all come across many names we may have wanted to give to our Neopets, only to find they are taken. There are loads of these names up for trade on the Neoboards, but most of us can't meet the expectations of the trading requirements they have. Even worse, lots of these names are sitting on frozen or abandoned accounts  :sad02:

However, my sister has done something quite unique. What she did was she typed in loads of different Neopet names she wanted, then when a Neopet would inevitably pop up she would click on them to see if they had an owner. For one of these names, the pet was unbelievably stuck in the pound so she went and adopted them! <3

A lot of pets get stuck in the pound and won't come up no matter how many times you cycle through, so I would highly recommend my sisters method.

She's the proud new owner of LightFairy ^_^ She's a big fan of all things faerie so I'm really happy for her :P

That's so true that pets get stuck in the pound! I put a Darigan Eyrie in there and months later I wanted to check if he had been adopted and he was still in the pound!  :sad02:

Both my Hissi's are pound pets but I grabbed them just 'cause I wanted Hissi's without any regard to their name.

And I have a Wocky I love so much and is the only pet I have left from when I first created the account but I named her/him (labbing) a terribly misspelled underscored name!!!

I got a Lupe the other day named Crashfur and was like "awww yiss"

So far, all of my pets on my current account, excluding Ashryuu, have been pound pets. My cybunny, Icy_Blue_Bunny89 has an incredibly awful name, but I couldn't resist. 
I was happy to find a pet with a decent name when I came across my current lab pet, seeing as her name is ForeverEvelynn. 
By far though, my favorite name of the pound pets is FuriousFluff. I just love his name  :laughingsmiley: !

LightFairy is so cute! Good for your sister. I wish so badly that staff would let us rename our pets...all of my old pets have underscores. Their names aren't awful, but those underscores are ugly. I created a new pet a few days ago and man it was difficult to come up with a name! All of the good ones are taken. 

I have a Dimensional Peophin that I'm going to give a cosmic makeover to when a trade is finalized and I wanted something that sounded like the word "ethereal". All variations were taken so I combined Ethereal and Ariel and came up with Etherielle. So many pets have owners that will never come back and I wish their pets' names would be released so active users could have them.

I'm glad to see that so many of you have also had positive experiences with the pound! 

LightFairy is so cute! Good for your sister. I wish so badly that staff would let us rename our pets...all of my old pets have underscores. Their names aren't awful, but those underscores are ugly. I created a new pet a few days ago and man it was difficult to come up with a name! All of the good ones are taken. 

I have a Dimensional Peophin that I'm going to give a cosmic makeover to when a trade is finalized and I wanted something that sounded like the word "ethereal". All variations were taken so I combined Ethereal and Ariel and came up with Etherielle. So many pets have owners that will never come back and I wish their pets' names would be released so active users could have them.

Thank you, she's really happy ^_^

I wish they would let us rename them as well, and I agree that all these pets sitting on obviously abandoned accounts should have their names freed up for others to take. Like, a good thing to do would be to send email warnings to these accounts if they haven't logged on for over a year + a half that their accounts will be removed if they don't log in and then remove them once it passes 2 years. I doubt JumpStart will ever do anything like that though, considering there are still so many things broken on the website (online Neofriends, KeyQuest to name but a few) and they are terrible at responding to tickets. 

Etherielle is a gorgeous name, my sister would be dead jealous :P I'm glad you were able to grab such a nice name!

Thank you! Her name took a bit of ingenuity but I made it work :D And I think three or more years would be good. I took a several year hiatus though and came back so I probably would've lost everything but that's my fault for not going on haha

No kidding about JumpStart! They really need to get it together. At least they came out with a Daily Dare this year though. I was super excited about that

I hadn't gotten a pound bet too, I had wanted a green shoyru at the time and I thought it'd be better to adopt one and give it a home rather than create a new one. I got it, but didn't realize till about a year later that "666" was in it's name..... lol  Oddly enough my Lutari has 777 in it's name haha