old and new accounts: Not being able to log into after loging out or says wrong password

sophiemonster

I have been having trouble accessing my account after checking to make sure I had the right password from the neopets team and making sure my account isn't frozen. This is what I believe is going on. I also tried to make a new account as suggested by another person. Just as they said as soon as I loged out of my new account I could not log back in and got the same message WRONG PASSWORD.

I believe we are not able to use are accounts because we are using IE 11 ( Internet Explorer 11) I tried down loading other programs like fire fox and a few others but they didn't work either. I believe that its because of a update that we are not able to use this website. I think someone needs to find a way to let neopets.com know this so they can make some changes or get with IE and fix this. I personally have had a account with them for 10 + years and hope this can be fixed some how. I have seen others on this board and we have all been ignored or given some help that leads no where. This is what I found in the help section I hope this can help. If anyone else has advise or has figured this out please help thanks.

blank.gifblank.gif

FAQs | Glossary

The following browsers are currently fully supported, meaning we test all new features in these browsers:
  • Chrome 
  • Firefox 9+
  • IE 8 & 9
  • Safari

If you use an unsupported browser, you can still visit Neopets.com! It just means that some things may not work properly (or at all) or things may look a little funny. If you're having issues in an unsupported browser, we suggest switching to one listed above for the best experience.

Note that this list changes often as browsers are updated and old ones fade away!

Rating: rating3.gif ( 74 Votes)
Was this answer helpful? thumbs_up_off.pngthumbs_down_off.png

FAQs  

Neopets > Technical Support / Bugs >

What browsers does Neopets.com support?

Neopets several years ago stopped supporting Internet Explorer and as stated above they have not made the site usable in any of the newer Internet Explorer browsers and will not being supporting the newer versions anytime in the future. This may be annoying for you, but personally I HATE Internet Explorer and use Firefox on both computers. In my opinion there are way better browsers available then Internet Explorer, such as Firefox and Google Chrome. If you want to become active on neopets again then I'd suggest just switching browsers, because clearly with Internet Explorer 11 you're having problems.

could you give me directions on what I would have to do so that neopets will work and what browsers is the best to use? I have tried down loading others but they don't seem to work. Do they need to be the default browser for it to work? please help like I said I am someone that has had a account for many years. I even know others that want to use the site but cant figure it out on there own.

Are your browsers set to allow cookies? If not, you could try that.

Only other thing we can suggest is contacting Neopets support as they will be able to tell you more information, especially if you've made boards and the help offered there did not result in any solution.

Typically though, if you try to log in and it tells you the password is wrong, even after resetting the password, it means you are frozen.

could you give me directions on what I would have to do so that neopets will work and what browsers is the best to use? I have tried down loading others but they don't seem to work. Do they need to be the default browser for it to work? please help like I said I am someone that has had a account for many years. I even know others that want to use the site but cant figure it out on there own.

try downloading mozilla firefox, it doesn't have to be your default browser for neopets to work, but it will prompt you every time you use it to set it to default.

personally, i wouldn't use IE because it's pretty awful, especially for being really slow in comparison to other browsers.

I use IE to play Ghoul Catchers because Chrome, which I use for everything else, doesn't support Java anymore and Ghoul Catchers uses Java.  

I searched the user look-up for "charmander_firefly" and it isn't frozen so I suspect you and others are having a different problem.  TNT hasn't been great about responding to issues lately but you can still try. Try also posting the problem on their Facebook page.  A moderator may answer you there. Hope you get help or the problem disappears as mysteriously as it appeared. 

• 1 month later...

I am also having the same issue and am having trouble getting any help through creating a second account and opening trouble tickets. Especially since if the account logs out, I can't log back in.