Day 12 - Dubloon Disaster

hrtbrk

1400 for today. I have the avatar so I knew I could do it.

There are 2 strategies to go by.

- Destroy every pair of bombs.

- Group all 9 bombs together.

I prefer the second, so that once there are 9 I don't get surprised by one showing up right in front of me. I keep circling around them and lead them away from my next dubloon.

Be warry of the vortexes though. I didn't read the guide so I have no idea if there are codes to use. If your device is slow, play without the water animations! You can turn them off at the settings in the main menu of the game.

Keep paying attention if two or more explode or not, because if they do, new ones will appear at random places again and that can surprise you.

Kiting all 9 mines to the middle is the best strategy for me. Took me hours to do it but finally got the score.

A lot of people are simply restarting the game over and over until get they the 1000 point coin but that could take forever XD

Day 12 

i love this game .. i have the avatar  

AAA : 1000

Me : 1100

i died a couple times at 875 and 955 points with a mine showing up right underneath me .. but on my 3rd try i was at 495 and i got the 500 dubloon gold coin .. that made my score 995 and boy was I nervous .. but i got the next dubloon and played a bit more after that ..

i prefer to group all 9 mines together and swim around them ..  

I've been busy tidying up my kitchen a bit and getting my daughter's birthday cake started. I played for about 30 minutes after release with no luck. Then at 1am NST I literally sat down for 5 minutes and within those first 4 minutes I got the score I needed to beat AAA. Never thought I could do it, but I did. Managed to get the 1,000 point dubloon rather early in the game and that saved my skin. I'm so glad I got this one on release day, I've been slacking the last few challenges. Just haven't had the time.

Now to get the Team Challenge completed! :)

I'm not sure I can beat AAA, my high score is 565, that was when I was trying for the avatar... until I gave up... I will probably spend the day trying... because I refuse to lose the possibility of the gold trophy.

I HATE this game! It always seems like the mines are just magneted to me, no matter what I do. I challenged Abigail just to relieve myself of the stress, and it still took me three tries to beat her score  :crying_blow:

I would've loved to get the book, but oh well I guess. The Boat in a Bottle Charm is super cute though! I just wish it were a wearable instead of a toy so it could actually do something...

I thought this game would be the one to break my AAA streak... But with a lot of patience and some luck, I got the score!

My advice for those who are struggling:

- Get used to the controls first. This sounds obvious, but when I started, I couldn't control the boat properly. I'd crash into the mines in the stupidest ways. 

- Restart the game until your first dubloon is worth a lot. I tried to get the 1000 point dubloon right away, but I'm not sure if that's actually possible (I restarted hundreds of times). But I did get the 500 point one a few times, and starting with that should be good enough! You'll be half-way towards the score.

- Choose a strategy. It seems most people like the herding strategy, but I don't like it so much because I'm still not that good at controlling the game. And all those mines make me nervous, so I prefer dealing with two at a time (I know it's riskier because you never know where the next mine will show up).

- Don't rush! Time doesn't matter. Also, pray for valuable dubloons lol. Not long after starting the game with a 500 point dubloon, I got a 1000 point one.

I thought this game would be the one to break my AAA streak... But with a lot of patience and some luck, I got the score!

My advice for those who are struggling:

- Get used to the controls first. This sounds obvious, but when I started, I couldn't control the boat properly. I'd crash into the mines in the stupidest ways. 

- Restart the game until your first dubloon is worth a lot. I tried to get the 1000 point dubloon right away, but I'm not sure if that's actually possible (I restarted hundreds of times). But I did get the 500 point one a few times, and starting with that should be good enough! You'll be half-way towards the score.

- Choose a strategy. It seems most people like the herding strategy, but I don't like it so much because I'm still not that good at controlling the game. And all those mines make me nervous, so I prefer dealing with two at a time (I know it's riskier because you never know where the next mine will show up).

- Don't rush! Time doesn't matter. Also, pray for valuable dubloons lol. Not long after starting the game with a 500 point dubloon, I got a 1000 point one.

Unbelievably, my sister (after trying for like 2 hours) managed to get the 1000 point dubloon right away so I can definitely say it is possible. 

Although, I wish I had her luck :P I went for Abigail. 

Unbelievably, my sister (after trying for like 2 hours) managed to get the 1000 point dubloon right away so I can definitely say it is possible. 

Although, I wish I had her luck :P I went for Abigail. 

Good to know! If I ever decide to get the avatar, I'll definitely try for that   (:

(I'd still need +1,500 points, but 1000 is a great head start)

After getting blown up pretty quickly I realized that I needed a high point doubloon to start with.  Since Abby only needed a score of 40 points I restarted the game until I was lucky enough to get at 25 point doubloon for the first coin.  Then I only needed to get two coins after that.  From start to finish it only took me about 10 minutes total.  Not too bad for a game I'm terrible at!

I really like that people are putting counters in their signatures.  It's cool to see who's doing what with regards to the Daily Dare.

I tried for about 30 minutes, couldn't seem to get past 300, blew myself up trying to get 500 point dubloons because I got overexcited and am awful at this game. Then I got the 1000 point Dubloon at the beginning of one of my games. So relieved. I thought I would end up spending hours and hours trying.

The only way I'm ever getting the avatar to this game is if 2 one thousand dubloons and a five hundred pop up. This game is hard!!!!

I beat this pretty quickly by grouping two bombs together at once, it was super easy after that, the only down side is they do appear randomly, so be ready to move QUICKLY!

I beat this pretty quickly by grouping two bombs together at once, it was super easy after that, the only down side is they do appear randomly, so be ready to move QUICKLY!

Really rough challenge day, for me, at least. Who picks these games, anyway? Thank you, Musical_Shoyru, for that. It definitely helped me get through today's challenge. I would get two dubloons, and then, get the two mines to run into each other, so they would explode, leaving no more. I'd then repeat the same process, get two dubloons, then lead the two mines to destroy themselves, and keep doing so, until I got over AAA's score. Lather, rinse, repeat. Of course, it also helped that a 1K dubloon appeared, too. Whew! That was close!

The grouping together works best to get a real high score once you get the hang of it though. For every new one appearing get it to the other mines without them crashing into each other. Once there are nine, that's it. You control the game basicly. You can get them wherever you want and lead them away from the dubloons. Only the vortexes might make you restart the process. My high score is almost 5000 by using that strategy and I didn't need to restart once for this DD.

Just always think that you're in that boat so that it comes naturally to steer left or right no matter how you're positioned on the field. And as with every game, practice makes perfect.

This game I thought would be the death of me. I restarted at least 200 times and never got the 1000 dubloon coin. It took me over three hours total to get the score! I got the 500 one a couple of times. I felt like the hardest part was making it to 9 mines; once you did that, it was fairly easy to control the game.

I would just get wrecked when a dubloon would appear in the middle of the bomb pile and I'd try to get it. On my AAA beating score, I got a 500 dubloon coin after making it to like 950 just picking up the low dubloons.

I didn't beat the score until today, so I didn't get the bomb :(

But now that this dare is over....

"I thank god every day I didn't get exploded"

-King of the Hill

I think this game was super easy. It's ALOT easier taking your time and just doing the two bomb technique that I suggested, less things to worry about :)