To switch or not to switch - that is the question

jingfah

So I've (very) recently gotten into betting in Food Club, and out of curiosity I checked to see what the payout difference was between my current 5 year old account and my 14 year old account.

The difference is massive.

If one of the bets that I made today in FC won, the older account would pay out 500k more than my current account.

I mean, I know logically that older accounts reap more benefits, but holy cow.

I've put a lot of time and effort into my current account, and I strongly prefer it to my first account for a large number of reasons (name, trophies, avatars, closet, gallery, stamps)...

But now I'm debating switching because man, that payout difference.
advice?

if Food Clubs is your only means to make NP then I'd switch but if you put in a lot of effort into your current main account like a really great username (I mean usernames don't really matter much unless your older account was something like xXpuffgirls5081998Xx and you don't care for Puff Girls anymore), a lot of site event trophies (most game trophies you can probably try to win again), a lot of NC items in your closet and/or gallery and many stamps that cost you millions that will be hard to find again for cheaper then I'd stay with your current main account

I think it all depends on your priorities. How much do you care about your trophies and avatars? Are you able to collect them again on your other account? Are any of your albums, gallery items, and other objects possible to transfer? Are the neopoints that important to you? Would the increased neopoints make it easier for you to re-collect all of the things you'd be leaving behind? 

Maybe you can switch temporarily to get a np boost from FC, and then switch back and transfer those nps to the younger account? 

I think it all depends on your priorities. How much do you care about your trophies and avatars? Are you able to collect them again on your other account? Are any of your albums, gallery items, and other objects possible to transfer? Are the neopoints that important to you? Would the increased neopoints make it easier for you to re-collect all of the things you'd be leaving behind? 

Maybe you can switch temporarily to get a np boost from FC, and then switch back and transfer those nps to the younger account? 

I don't believe you're allowed to transfer nps between accounts?

@OP, I'd personally probably stick with your older account.  Since you said you only recently found FC, I'm going to guess you have other ways of making nps?  If so, the increase from FC probably isn't worth the "loss" of your main account.

You can transfer nps between accounts using trades and auctions. As far as I know, it's 100% ok to do since you're literally just moving it from one account to the other, not accumulating any additional nps, which is the part that would be against the rules.

@OP, I'd personally probably stick with your older account.  Since you said you only recently found FC, I'm going to guess you have other ways of making nps?  If so, the increase from FC probably isn't worth the "loss" of your main account.

I'm certainly not without alternative means of making NP, just none of them are as quick of effective as FC has been. But I have to admit that the idea of trying to start over from square one is mildly horrifying. So you're probably right.

You're completely right. Unfortunately my trophies and avatars mean way more to me than they should, and I'm not at all a fan of the idea of starting over literally from scratch. But, the increased neopoints WOULD make it easier to re-collect what I would be losing.

Mostly it's the trophies. I don't have a whole lot of them, but I am ridiculously proud of what few I do have. Really, the trophies are probably the biggest thing holding me back from making the switch.

You can transfer nps between accounts using trades and auctions. As far as I know, it's 100% ok to do since you're literally just moving it from one account to the other, not accumulating any additional nps, which is the part that would be against the rules.

Yeah now that I think about it again I'm pretty sure you're correct.

you CAN freely move NPs between your accounts, you just can't have more than one neopoint-making account

you can temporarily change mains but TNT disapproves of you doing it very often

maybe you can alternate from year to year? choosing one main, yearly event (maybe Altador Cup) as your changing point though you risk missing out on some event avatars

you CAN freely move NPs between your accounts, you just can't have more than one neopoint-making account

you can temporarily change mains but TNT disapproves of you doing it very often

maybe you can alternate from year to year? choosing one main, yearly event (maybe Altador Cup) as your changing point though you risk missing out on some event avatars

Yeah, I was thinking of trying out using the other account as my main for about a month or two to see how I liked it, and if I didn't like it, switching back in time for the Altador Cup. I'd prefer to try it out while there isn't an event going on so that I don't have a conflict of interest and can really see which account I'd prefer using in the long term.