Hello!

Huffle

Hi, I'm Gloria, and I'm new to both the forums, and newish to neopets. I had neopets a looooong time ago, and forgot everything about my old account. All I remember was that I had a Hissi.

So, about a week or two ago, I was reminded of neopets from a youtube video featuring nostalgic sites, and neopets was one of them. Deciding to relive said nostalgia, I decided to create an account. However, when I looked through the pets, I couldn't find a Hissi. So, I looked it up and found that Hissis are apparently special, and could only be adopted on a certain date. So, I waited until May 4th and now I have my Hissi.

His name is Parseltounge (I'm sure some people will get the reference).

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie).
This topic was posted in the wrong area.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this topic.
Per the reason above, this topic has been MOVED from 'Neopets General Chat' to 'Introductions & Welcome'.

Welcome (backish)! I'd have to agree that Parseltounge is a perfect name for a Hissi (and of course HP references are awesome).

I've personally found NP to be more fun as an adult than I did as a kid (the games are far more winnable, trophies are achievable, etc) so I hope you enjoy your return to NP as much as I have!

Hi and welcome to the forums! You'll see that a lot has changed over the years but if you have any questions, feel free to ask them!

Hi and welcome Gloria! You will like it here at TDN bc not only are the ppl are friendly & nice, the information I learn every day is so helpful! So look forward to seeing your posts to see if I can get more help without putting my foot in my mouth being such a nOOb.  :laughingsmiley: I sent some Hissi gifts to your Neopet account to welcome your cool pet, Parseltounge. Happy gaming everyone! :rock: 

Thank you all for your warm welcome, and the nice gifts as well :) 

As for questions, I can only come up with two. The first, does anyone know what this blue box is? It keeps coming back even after I click the "X". http://imgur.com/Pc0IXxd

The other being, way back when, I remember I used to play this game a lot, though I forget the name. It was sort of like a turn based rpg with a dog like creature as its main character. Looking back at all the neopets I thiiiiink it may have been either a Gelert or a Lupe, but I can't remember exactly. All I remember is that it looked like a dog. Does anyone know if this game is still around, and if so, might be able to tell me the name?

Thank you all for your warm welcome, and the nice gifts as well :)

As for questions, I can only come up with two. The first, does anyone know what this blue box is? It keeps coming back even after I click the "X". http://imgur.com/Pc0IXxd

The other being, way back when, I remember I used to play this game a lot, though I forget the name. It was sort of like a turn based rpg with a dog like creature as its main character. Looking back at all the neopets I thiiiiink it may have been either a Gelert or a Lupe, but I can't remember exactly. All I remember is that it looked like a dog. Does anyone know if this game is still around, and if so, might be able to tell me the name?

That would be Trudy's surprise, but the contents isn't showing. You can spin it daily and win consecutive prizes (NP and sometimes a basic gift box) If you don't miss a day, you win 100000NP on day 28. Then it resets and starts back at 2k or so. If you miss a day it resets as well. You can turn it off if you don't want it (or on side accounts, were it isn't allowed to play it). To turn it off, go to your preferences and check the box with "Block Trudy's Surprise"

The game you mean would be NeoQuest I (But they made a second one as well) It still exists and is still pretty popular. There are lots of guides and maps for the game to be found online.

Wow :O

That sounds wonderful! Do you happen to know how I get the contents to show so that I can play Trudy's surprise?

And thanks for letting me know, Neoquest 1 is indeed the game I used to play :)

You're only seeing the background, is your flash working? You could also try another browser or check if you have apps that block its contents.

I am using the latest version of Firefox and it's showing just fine, I believe most people that use Chrome can view it just fine as well. So you could try those if you aren't already. Or try another device (another pc/laptop/smartphone) and see if it works there.

I installed firefox and it worked. I was using Internet Explorer. Strange, as the games, which require flash, work, but this Trudy's surprise didn't. Ah well, this is a cool new feature, and will be happy when a months passes and I get a free 100k neopoints. Thanks again :D