Gallery ideas; hoping for some opinions/feedback?

mcsneezy

I am REALLY sorry if this is not posted in the appropriate place (I looked & looked, but couldn't find anything that seemed correct lol)...

OK, so.. my gallery & I have had a love/hate relationship for a long time running.
I used to collect retired items & had a rather large amount of items.
Then, I got bored with it and just started throwing random things in there.

I'm trying to decide on a UNIFIED theme, but I have TOO MANY ideas!!

I want so badly to be featured in the Gallery Spotlight (one day).

So I'm gonna post a few of my most recent ideas & I'm hoping you all will let me know what you think is cool/lame, or what would be easy/hard to find items. ANY feedback, really! Me & my scatter-brain would really appreciate it!

1. Spring (think a topiary.. flowers, benches, nature stuff)

2. Oddities (basically things that make you go "huh?" or chuckle)

3. Artist's Corner (art supplies, art, etc)

4. Rejects of Neopia (broken, rejected items, etc)

5. Items w/ Alliterations (amazing animals, bouncy balls, etc)

6. Things in Pairs (any item whose image has two of them pictured)

(these are not working titles haha, just presenting the idea)

Of course, I have like 30 other ideas lol. But these are the ones that stuck out to me & I haven't seen done a BUNCH of times.
Also, if you have a cool idea that isn't listed, please bounce it off me as well :D

p.s. you guys rock so much  :rock:   <3

These are all pretty good ideas! But I think the most original ones are oddities, rejects, alliterations and things in pairs.

Spring might be too broad, there must be thousands of items that would fit that theme. As for Artist's Corner, you'd probably have to make a decision about paint brushes (the ones we use to paint pets). Do they count? If so, that would be an expensive gallery.

I think you should start searching items that would fit these themes, so you'll have an idea of how many there are and how much you'll have to spend. Some themes might have too many items or not enough, and some might have too many expensive/rare items. I used to collect Snow Foods but I gave up because there were too many items and some of them cost millions  :mellow: (That's not a problem for some people, it makes it more challenging I guess. I personally prefer not to invest so much on my gallery, lol).

I like coming up with themes for galleries as well but only so much time/space/np/etc. Here's an idea I had when I came across "Fish Fingers and Custard" - a gallery themed around Neopet items that reference other things (tv, movies, games, etc.) Fish fingers and custard reference Dr. Who. Another theme I've personally wanted to do was collect gross food items; there seem to be a lot of them. As deboratibi said, do some research about what you might put in for each theme. My side account gallery is "aquarium" so anything in an aquarium: water, sand, beach themed works, but I decided not to add anything pirate since there's too much that would add to the gallery. Best of luck!

I've always loved the rejects/broken toys and I used to collect them on my old (now inaccessible) main.

I have to say that the alliteration idea sounds wonderful too, though. Especially because you can organize them alphabetically (I have a love/hate relationship with trying to organize my usuki collection)

Thank you guys so much for the input! I'm not too worried about the cost (you're spot on about the paint brush thing though, that'd just be insanely expensive lol), but I also don't want a gallery with 1,355,352 items because it seems like the theme may get muddled, if that makes sense hah.

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking alliterations just because my obsessive-compulsive mind is saying yes, you could organize the heck out of that! :P

Those are all awesome ideas! I would never have thought to even do that (my gallery is just petpets - which I guess is a kind of boring theme). I love the alliteration idea and that other people are as ocd as me about organizing!

Very good ideas and lots of great advice. I sent you some "gifts" for your Gallery, mcsneezy, but if the items are not what you want- just discard them & maybe you can get the Rubbish avvie? Good Luck! I will need to check back to see how "Under Construction" is doing!   :rock:

I like the spring idea because I believe a lot of the spring themed items on Neopets have the best aesthetics... And that is what I enjoy seeing in galleries. For mine, I chose one item from the whole general theme to be inspired by (Eau de Korbat for me, I think it's a pretty item :D) and since spring is such a broad term, why not focus specifically on a subcategory like floral first, and once that is as complete as you can get it, move on to a new subcategory. I think that would look best compared to having several low item subcategories that don't connect /as/ well.

You have some really good ideas, the pairs, reject/broken and the alliteration are all great ideas.  I haven't started my gallery as yet because I also can't decide.  I do have a theme in mind, but I am thinking it may be too depressing and expensive. I like a grey theme, but, I also like others as well.  

In time, I guess.

Good luck and I look forward to watching your gallery come alive.