Curious how your Obelisk fights are going.

discobiscuit

Hi everyone,

I wasn't here when the original Obelisk war plot happened, so I just join factions randomly so I get different battledome opponents to fight.  I see now that many people here try to join the same faction to try and work together towards winning.  I will try that out next time.  

Has that worked out well for you?  Are there enough folks here to make a difference in the outcome?

Speaking of trying to win, I'm curious who you pick to fight.  My battledome pet isn't powerful enough to take on the leaders yet, though I can win now against the level 175 guys with enough effort.  Should I be using my 10 battles against the highest level I can defeat or should I be sure to beat each opponent a few times every day?

Does difficulty make a difference?   Should I choose the harder version (red) of the first level opponent or a medium version (yellow) of the next level up?  Is there any way to tell if you're doing well?

I definitely pick the faction that's got the most votes, it works in my favour pretty often. So it could well be that there's enough people on here choosing the same side to make a difference. Especially considering that not everyone might vote.

I fight the red level of the 35HP opponents, my pet's got 94HP so that probably seems kind of lame of me, but...my other option is the 80hp people on green, and rntracy1 says you get better prizes if you fight the red level opponents, so that answers that particular question for you. :)

I just stick with the same opponent each time; Hedgewitch this time around, because the smug philosopher annoys me. xD

Gah - I have always wondered the same thing!

I usually go with whichever group has the most votes as well, and I agree that it usually works in my favor.  

I'm also curious as to whether or not battling higher level opponents makes a difference in who wins... hopefully someone has some insight!  I try to get my 15 items from Jetsam Ace before doing Obleisk battles.

GL battling  :rambo:

I'm not a big battledome person.

I try to go with the faction that gets the most votes, as I got the complete set of avatars almost immediately after the War ended.  My favourite boon is the Stocks boon (that is my main source of income).  I also keep plenty of fortune cookies on hand for the Faerie Refresh Request boon.

Now here's where I get super lazy:  I take my main pet with the most HP/stats (pirateninjakitty), and I battle the weakest opponent on the "red face" hard setting (it is only like 12 HP).  Then all I have to do is attack one time, it's a one shot KO, and then press "play again" so I don't have to keep reselecting my pet and opponent.  I do this an equal amount of times for the two factions I'm battling.

My prizes are usually good but I reach the NP max like halfway through.

Because I pull this stunt, I believe there must be other lazy neopians who do as well... Therefore I doubt the level of opponents matter, just the quantity.  I have also read that absolutely none of this matters, that the winning faction is literally chosen at random.  So.. just be sure to complete your 10 wins!

Best of luck.

I had no idea! My BD pet has HP of like, 130...and yet I always used to just play against the lowest HP opponents, and always on green :laughingsmiley:  I'll certainly start playing them on red if the prizes might be better :D I only started participating in this a while ago, so I usually go with the faction that seems to have the majority of the votes/support, and I'm hoping to get my last avatar now :)