Altador cup XI thread

Hiya! I'm Desertfreak. I'm wondering if there will be a AcXI thread. I need to set up my Lost Desert Support thread. Lol thanks!!

LOL I'm sure it'll be along! I couldn't say when for sure, but definitely soon. Besides, Maraqua needs some representation too. ;) LOL Not to mention all of the other teams and fan favorites! :D

I remember you from last year, VERY exuberant in your support for your team! Good luck to you this year! XD

I hope TNT will do something to better the balance of the AC. You know, even the playing field for the fair and honest players. I'd say they've HAD a year to work that out, but in reality, they've had a number of yearS. Or at LEAST come up with some decent prizes this year. ;) I just spent my meager points from last year a couple weeks ago. Man last year's prizes were THE PITS.  I'd forgotten how junk-like both the Staff tourney and the AC's prizes were! I'm hoping for better this year! Maybe some new battle equipment! Would LOVE that! :D

So much speculation and excitement. lol XD

Hey, I recently got back into playing Neopets. Have there been any changes to Altador Cup since, say, Altador Cup 5? Are there still the same four games that you spam to get points?

Hey, I recently got back into playing Neopets. Have there been any changes to Altador Cup since, say, Altador Cup 5? Are there still the same four games that you spam to get points?

Yep the game have stayed the same, Yooyuball got an upgrade in ACVI. In ACVII they introduced the new bracket system for scoring, it's pretty universally disliked/hated. And also the staff tournament changed in ACVI. So quite a bit has changed but the basic premise is the same :)

LOL I'm sure it'll be along! I couldn't say when for sure, but definitely soon. Besides, Maraqua needs some representation too. ;) LOL Not to mention all of the other teams and fan favorites! :D

I remember you from last year, VERY exuberant in your support for your team! Good luck to you this year! XD

I hope TNT will do something to better the balance of the AC. You know, even the playing field for the fair and honest players. I'd say they've HAD a year to work that out, but in reality, they've had a number of yearS. Or at LEAST come up with some decent prizes this year. ;) I just spent my meager points from last year a couple weeks ago. Man last year's prizes were THE PITS.  I'd forgotten how junk-like both the Staff tourney and the AC's prizes were! I'm hoping for better this year! Maybe some new battle equipment! Would LOVE that! :D

So much speculation and excitement. lol XD

I also disliked the staff tournament prizes. I did like the Yooyus for each team last year but that's it. I'm interested to see how they're gonna make the brackets system even a slight bit good. I've always hated it. I'm really looking forward to this year as if tnt does make the ac fair, it will be the first one in a while that was fair. Of course I'm still don't my own tournament to keep me invested and provide me with a fair and fun cup :p

Yep the game have stayed the same, Yooyuball got an upgrade in ACVI. In ACVII they introduced the new bracket system for scoring, it's pretty universally disliked/hated. And also the staff tournament changed in ACVI. So quite a bit has changed but the basic premise is the same :)

I also disliked the staff tournament prizes. I did like the Yooyus for each team last year but that's it. I'm interested to see how they're gonna make the brackets system even a slight bit good. I've always hated it. I'm really looking forward to this year as if tnt does make the ac fair, it will be the first one in a while that was fair. Of course I'm still don't my own tournament to keep me invested and provide me with a fair and fun cup :P

BUT they DID NOT release a Faerieland themed yooyu plushie and you can believe I am still fuming over that one. Myself and other teammates got jilted, so not fair!

I also disliked the staff tournament prizes. I did like the Yooyus for each team last year but that's it. I'm interested to see how they're gonna make the brackets system even a slight bit good. I've always hated it. I'm really looking forward to this year as if tnt does make the ac fair, it will be the first one in a while that was fair. Of course I'm still don't my own tournament to keep me invested and provide me with a fair and fun cup :P

All the prizes imho were pretty bad last year. The staff prizes though, beyond worthless. I mean even the Superhero Mask that looked suspiciously like Batman's cowl, is still unwearable, and is really cheap on the wiz. I had about 7k points for the AC but I had over 20k points from the Staff tourney. It was hard figuring out WHICH near-worthless to worthless "prizes" to choose. Anyway, if they put in a decent weapon that is equal to or surpasses the Stone Foam Finger and it has a reasonable point price on it, I'll be content, because I really want to earn an upgrade for my set. lol

I really liked the year of the AC team shields. Wearable OR Equipable!

I've never understood the bracket system, as to the way TNT uses it. I don't watch any sports that really utilize the system, so basically I've mainly just heard about it. I hope TNT, or Jumpstart staff figure a way to keep people from cheating, or at least so much. Doubtful, but I'd love a fair AC. I think Maraqua could win the day in a fair competition. I think I'm fairly decent at YYB, Though I'd PROBABLY get more games in if I didn't stop to make a record of my wins of 10 goals or above. It started as a thought when there were problems with the game not accepting my scores, I had intended on creating a ticket, but in the end I just kept screenshotting the scoreboard at the end on games I scored 10 points or higher. Just kinda to keep track, see if I'm improving any or if I'm rusty. I don't know if 18 is possible in the game, it would have to be a PERFECT game, no missed shots or having the yooyu stolen by the other team. It MIGHT be possible, but I'll probably never get it. lol I've been CLOSE but then something always seems to go wrong, or I just plain choke. lol 17 is my best score in YYB. I don't usually play the support games.A little slower for the lesser points you can get from YYB. Although, I think Slushie Slinger is the ONLY game with a peophin in it, (Not counting Kiko Lake's goalie) ;) Or at least it was probably the first game to have one, even if it is an NPC. ;)

Sign-ups start in Just under 5 days! I have SOME hope that this year's AC will be improved. But I won't hold my breath. ;) lol

Good luck everyone. :)

I'll admit that I'm absolutely dreading it being Shenkuu that gets picked by the cheaters this year.  :mellow:  I wish TNT could find a way to prevent cheating, but I kind of doubt that they can. At least not without completely re-coding absolutely EVERYTHING, and there's obviously no budget for that. if the AC was a thing that brought in large revenue then that would be a different story I suppose.

We just need to enjoy the event and try to ignore the cheating I guess. I kind of dismissed Kiko Lake and counted Kreludor as the winners for last year. Unfair to all the KL players who didn't cheat of course, but it's how I dealt with my own frustration at the situation.

Edit: I've just been perusing Google to see if there's any chatter about what teams the cheaters are gonna pick this year, found the cheater's forum that was using score senders last year and they are having a good old laugh at this editorial for Kiko Lake in the Colosseum...

All is Fair...?
After the initial celebrations surrounding their spectacular win in AC X, the team has been dealing with a lot of suspicion and criticism from a large portion of the public, who are convinced the players were using special magic to boost their performance. The players have repeatedly denied this claim, maintaining that all of them had undergone the routine tests set down by the Altador Cup Committee, and that no irregularities were detected. However, with rumors that the Committee is bringing in new regulations to clamp down on unfair practices during the tournament, it remains to be seen how well the team fares this year.

They're pretty confident that there won't actually be any new regulations and it's all talk, and even if it isn't, they'll be able to find a way around whatever's done.

the bracket system had good intentions. it was meant to keep teams who arent on top playing with the idea that strong later performance could outweigh early losses (whereas in a straight W/D/L setup, theres an early point where things are already doomed) and to keep them playing all the games and to minimise fighting about which games to play ( in the old system, games played in anything that ended up a L were 'wasted', whereas now they still contribute to an overall total).

the problem isnt having *a* bracket system. the problem is with how *this* bracket system works and with the overriding effect of cheating.

BUT they DID NOT release a Faerieland themed yooyu plushie and you can believe I am still fuming over that one. Myself and other teammates got jilted, so not fair!

That was harsh, and I wasn't even on team faerieland!!

the bracket system had good intentions. it was meant to keep teams who arent on top playing with the idea that strong later performance could outweigh early losses (whereas in a straight W/D/L setup, theres an early point where things are already doomed) and to keep them playing all the games and to minimise fighting about which games to play ( in the old system, games played in anything that ended up a L were 'wasted', whereas now they still contribute to an overall total).

the problem isnt having *a* bracket system. the problem is with how *this* bracket system works and with the overriding effect of cheating.

The 2 major problems I have with the bracket system (besides cheaters) is 1. It's impossible to play every team. Something I missed from the old double round robin. Also, if my team is doing fantastic for the first 2 brackets, and loses the last 3, we'll probably end in a worse position than if we had the same amount of wins, but won the last 2 brackets. Why not make all the brackets the same amount of points? That bugs the heck out of me.