Yay for Career Changes (and nay for more school)!

alexinwonderland

I'm in my mid-ish thirties and I've had a steady job since I was basically 14. I've been in my current job for almost 5 years and last year, I cut my hours in half because I was exhausted (I was super lucky to be able to do that, I know). My job is in operations, which is what I've always done - not because I loved it but, because I've always been good at it and it afforded me steady employment. Also should mention my company is in the Real Estate field.

This year, at my review, my boss said it was one of my goals to get my RE salesperson license (which no one in my office has) and that she was going to pay for it! So now I'm back in school studying to get my license and it turns out, I'm pretty into it! Wish me luck as I start on this new journey (and if you're in NYC and want to buy an apartment, hit me up  :laughingsmiley:). 

Your boss sounds like they truly value you! Should be excellent for your job security too! ;) Also, if this kind of thing were to happen more in your company, like became a policy to better the company through it's employees, that would make for one heck of a nice company loyalty plan. XD

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS! ^_^ And the very BEST OF LUCK with getting your new license! :D

Your boss sounds like they truly value you! Should be excellent for your job security too! ;) Also, if this kind of thing were to happen more in your company, like became a policy to better the company through it's employees, that would make for one heck of a nice company loyalty plan. XD

Seriously, CONGRATULATIONS! ^_^ And the very BEST OF LUCK with getting your new license! :D

We actually do encourage people to take classes here and there if they feel like it will enhance their job performance. She's never paid for someone to go to a full school program (it's only 75 hours but, when you work in a really small biz, it's a lot) and give them a whole new career trajectory though. It's pretty amazing and I'm super lucky. 

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes!   :happydance: