Neomail Addict Avatar - is it broken?

nousha

I have been trying to get the Neomail Addict avvie for quite some time now, refreshing at my Inbox - not too long at a time but overall I think it's been a fair amount of time. No luck. I read somewhere that the avvie had been broken but I don't know if that's true and if yes, when this had happen and if it's fixed now. Any ideas? I'm getting desperate :( :sad02:

I've been doing the same, but I don't believe it is broken. Just one of those "hard to get" random avatars, like Tooth Faerie and Snowager. I've seen newish accounts on the Neoboards with them.

Here is an Editorial link: http://www.neopets.com/ntimes/index.phtml?section=editorial&week=642

Neoipan Times, Issue #642, Editorial, Question 2:

"Hello! I was just wondering if some of the Random Event avatars (Tooth Faerie, Sloth, Neomail addict) were still achievable after the new RE system was put into place, or if they are retired now. Thanks. ^__^ ~unlaced_

They're still available! Some REs have changed slightly to work with the new system but the avatar ones are still there. :)"

Keep trying. I know I am. Good luck!

EDIT: Wow! 333 avatars! Do you have the Avatar Collector avie? So jealous...

I really hope it's still available because it's driving me mad :)

No, I don't think I'll ever get the Avatar Collector avvie :( No chance to get the stamp ones and I have yet to collect some that are not working at the moment - DoN, Lenny Conundrum etc. Edna Quests are not kind to me, nor the lottery or the Discarded Grundo Plushie. I don't have the 'Big Three', although I'm planning to adopt a Grarrl someday and apply for the ALP here - in fact I got so many avvies from TDN's ALP, I'll be forever grateful :)

I believe Edna is doable. I got it. I just went everyday and completed the 10 quests, three items or not. I do believe it does take 3 items to get it, but it is still random with a three item quest. I spent two to three weeks getting it. TDMBGOP is just one daily you have to do, everyday, and hope you get it. I did get that one, too, but, yeah, talk about random. Still, impressive # of avatars. I do hope you get Avatar Collector, someday.

EDIT: The only DoN avatars that I believe you cannot get are Heermeedjet or Merouladen, as DoN is required. I think Ghost Lupe is still available.