Shenkuu Support Thread - Altador Cup XI (2016)

MysteryAF

I thought stats only update once/day?

I thought that too, then I saw the "updated as of..." time stamp and now I've no idea! Oh wait, according to an NT editorial they update periodically, so I guess it happens several times during each day then.

Good job against Maraqua everyone! Our next matchup is Faerieland again, so lets bring it everything we've got. :D

Also, I'm starting to dread capping these games... :s

Sorry Ninja's we just had to redeem ourselves against you this time around, though you still managed to take MSN from us! Good luck on today's match!

Mousey there, totally giving us a false sense of security with her sweet words a couple of days ago, then...IN WITH THE BROOM! :laughingsmiley:

Terror Mountain are tough

*backs away from start game button*

I didn't play at all yesterday either, and after Angelo saying this I might just play SOSD today :ph34r:

EDIT: Ok, I played one game to get my count to 45. Managed a score of 10 - 2, but ONLY because when the darigan yooyu came out Terror Mountain scored an own goal pretty much straight away. Thanks for that, guys. :laughingsmiley:

Terror Mountain is indeed a tricky team to verse in Yooyuball. I was relieved to get it over with today.

I see Moltara also have a fairly large building for a goal keeper :laughingsmiley: He at least doesn't LOOM quite as much as the Tyrannian guy. Played one game against them so far, hoping I'm going to manage more than that. The amount of games needed to rank up solely playing SOSD is getting silly.

Ok, two games now, and got my first game so far with no goals from the other team, 10 - 0...go me, taken 47 games to manage that >_<

Halfway done! I can hardly wait to see the prize shop. :p

It will be a close matchup against Kiko Lake.

How do you guys play so many games of SOSD? I just can't get the hang of it..

I tap twice to the right and shoot, if I'm lucky, which I am more times than not, it goes into the end of the goal rather than hitting the goalpost, lol. I don't bother with the power meter for the shot, that seems pretty superfluous to me. Just tap,tap,shoot...tap,tap,shoot, over and over again!

Huh, ok, I tried the power thing, just because it says it earns you more points if you time it right, so I scored 5 goals with the power meter full, instead of what I usually do which is just tap the space bar to shoot so it's not filled at all, and what difference does this make...

swzw2Ny.png

Compared to what I usually manage with 5 goals and no misses...

0BEasE1.png

Lost a full 70 time points in charging the power, so yeah, I'll stick with ignoring the meter, I think!

How do you guys play so many games of SOSD? I just can't get the hang of it..

I do a really small tap of the spacebar right when I start because by the time it reaches the net he's off to the right. It goes in on the first try every single time and makes for a quick game.

If you are looking for a short game where you score 1200 points, immediately move to the left and tap the spacebar, it almost always goes in. Part of the trick is to get it as close to the goalpost as possible, but still goes in. Once you master it, it becomes easy to do.

I tap twice to the right and shoot, if I'm lucky, which I am more times than not, it goes into the end of the goal rather than hitting the goalpost, lol. I don't bother with the power meter for the shot, that seems pretty superfluous to me. Just tap,tap,shoot...tap,tap,shoot, over and over again!

Huh, ok, I tried the power thing, just because it says it earns you more points if you time it right, so I scored 5 goals with the power meter full, instead of what I usually do which is just tap the space bar to shoot so it's not filled at all, and what difference does this make...

swzw2Ny.png

Compared to what I usually manage with 5 goals and no misses...

0BEasE1.png

Lost a full 70 time points in charging the power, so yeah, I'll stick with ignoring the meter, I think!

I do a really small tap of the spacebar right when I start because by the time it reaches the net he's off to the right. It goes in on the first try every single time and makes for a quick game.

If you are looking for a short game where you score 1200 points, immediately move to the left and tap the spacebar, it almost always goes in. Part of the trick is to get it as close to the goalpost as possible, but still goes in. Once you master it, it becomes easy to do.

Thanks for your advices!!

hitting spacebar at the beginning of the game works well:)!

I tried hitting right right and shoot and it sometimes fails.

I also tried long press left or left once then shoot but it either took too long or didn't move far enough to avoid the goalie

So..I combined both and hit left twice then shoot xD works 100% so far

If I send score every time I get a score of 1:0 (which I think count as a win and gets me a point), is it bad for my team's performance? Never tried it since I read somewhere that sending the minimum score for all games is bad for the team.

Well, it depends how you look at it. Sending any score is better than nothing, but a higher score benefits your team more. Sending the minimum score isn't bad for your team, it's just not very helpful.

If you don't plan on capping Shootout Showdown (401 matches a day), then you should probably maximize your score.

On the other hand, if you want to play a lot of matches quickly to boost your rank, then shooting one goal right off the bat and sending it is way faster.

Well, it depends how you look at it. Sending any score is better than nothing, but a higher score benefits your team more. Sending the minimum score isn't bad for your team, it's just not very helpful.

If you don't plan on capping Shootout Showdown (401 matches a day), then you should probably maximize your score.

On the other hand, if you want to play a lot of matches quickly to boost your rank, then shooting one goal right off the bat and sending it is way faster.

Thanks for the explainations! I was thinking if it's comparing accumulated scores of team members then scoring anything is better than not playing but if it's comparing average scores of all players or something..then it's better to not play...or score high. (the way you explain it...it looks like it's accumulated)

Where can I find how many games I can submit each day? (I probably won't ever play enough to max out on number of plays...but still good to know)

and...sorry >.< oooone more question ... is there anyway to end/restart yooyuball in the middle of the game (other than refreshing the page)? (in case of a bad start)