Time for an upgrade

Now that I've improved my training stats, it's time for a weapons upgrade.

Here is where I'm at:

Level: 299 (not looking forward to 300, and 2 red codestones per!)

Health: 661

Strength: 615

Defence: 599

As soon as my health hits 690 I will go back to training level & defence to get it over the next multiplier, then continue with my training in general.

Current set (pretty sad but I've been doing well with current battledome challengers with a first strike of GB + duck + freeze skill, then a second strike of duck + alt. freeze skill)

1. Ghostkerbomb

2. Dr. Sloths Personal Bath Buddy

3. Ylanas Blaster

4. Ylanas Blaster
5. Leaf Shield
6. Randomly Firing Freeze Ray
7. Serf lens
8. Greater Healing Scroll

Budget wise, I'm open to spend up to 20 million, on either one weapon, or perhaps 2.  I find that in the battledome I really only use 1 & 2 off the list, so would it be best to upgrade these?

Thanks for your input!!

Assuming this is for 1 player battles, is there a challenger you would especially like to fight for prizes?

Ditch the serf lens.  Downsize! is a great and cheap item for any level. replace your 50% freeze ray with a Shuriken 

You may want to upgrade your healer depending. Rejuvenating Jar of Brains is a slight upgrade from your healing scroll. I use Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic. I dont know much about the Scorchstones. 

I've always wanted a Thyoras Tear but that's your whole budget so maybe a Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield instead.

I love my Sword of Reif and sold my ylanas balster for a Shuriken. 

A 100% freezer would be helpful, maybe H4000 Helmet. Cool thing about the Shuriken is you can have it and other freezers so the more the icier .

Good luck and happy battling.

2 red stones isn't too bad, I'm teetering just a few levels behind the 6 Red Stone training level. ;) At least with the red stones, we can cancel the training if the cost is too insane. ;)

So as far as your training goes, it sounds like you've got a good plan to save yourself a little time and cost. Of course, if not for the people using the speed-level method of training, red stone costs would more than likely be much lower than what they are now.

Anyway, ONTO the set!

1: G-bomb is great!

2: DSPBB, I haven't used it, but I know it's popular and fairly effective for it's price.

3 and 4: Ylanas Blaster. You definitely could sell them and put the NP toward a 100% freezer, or perhaps a stone foam finger(15 total icons) (There's one in auctions for about 3.5 mil, and 1 in trades with no price listed)

5 Leaf Shield, Depending on your opponent, this is a pretty solid shield to have. But if your opponent doesn't have these icons, you could switch it out for another shield that does. (Always depends on whom you're battling)

6: RFFR, Definitely consider a 100% Freezer.

7: Definitely DITCH the Serf Lens. If you want to reflect Light, go for an Expert Lens, they are a couple of NP, block 50% light and NEVER break!

8: Greater Healing scroll, is ok. but not much use to a pet with high HP like that. A percentage healer would be effect. Like Velms Healing Potion. Cheap, at about 12k on the shop wiz. Even if only the 10% healing kicks in, that's still more healing than your Greater Healing Scroll. So you could sell the GHS for a tidy profit then.

OR

If you want to go expensive route. I'd recommend the Bag of Healing Dust, a non-species 50% healer. There are 2 on the TP, 1 has a price of 11 Mil. Not really a terrible price from what I've seen in the past with some of the price fluctuations.

mtsparky made a couple very points, especially about a Downsize! definitely being something to consider in your arsenal. Only a Thyoras Tear could beat it in once per battle protections, that doesn't need to be replaced. ;)

I hope this helps. :)

Happy Battling!

Thanks to both of you for your replies.  Yes, this is just for 1 player battling.  Right now I never use items 4-7, they just fill empty spots.  My goal is to be able to do decently if there is ever another plot or war where there is fighting.

Aquamentis12, I can't even imagine 5 reds.  I will probably stop training once I hit the maximum strength / defence multiplier level, and then just sit there for a while, spend my money on weapons instead of codestones.

I am considering going with the Bag of Healing Dust, depending on what else I decide on.  Otherwise, I will definitely pick up the Velms Healing Potion.  More healing for less money is a good deal.  I could still redeem my obelisk points for the Rejuvenating jar of brains, I have enough for 6, and then sell them to subsidize my other purchases.  

It sounds like Downsize would be a good, affordable addition, I can add that for sure.

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield is a definite possibility.

Would it be worthwhile to upgrade the DSPBB to a Kelpbeards trident?

One thing I'm finding hard is that some of these things have no prices in the Trading posts, so it's hard to get a feel for what fair pricing is.

Thanks to both of you for your replies.  Yes, this is just for 1 player battling.  Right now I never use items 4-7, they just fill empty spots.  My goal is to be able to do decently if there is ever another plot or war where there is fighting.

Aquamentis12, I can't even imagine 5 reds.  I will probably stop training once I hit the maximum strength / defence multiplier level, and then just sit there for a while, spend my money on weapons instead of codestones.

I am considering going with the Bag of Healing Dust, depending on what else I decide on.  Otherwise, I will definitely pick up the Velms Healing Potion.  More healing for less money is a good deal.  I could still redeem my obelisk points for the Rejuvenating jar of brains, I have enough for 6, and then sell them to subsidize my other purchases.  

It sounds like Downsize would be a good, affordable addition, I can add that for sure.

Hubrid Nox Memorial Shield is a definite possibility.

Would it be worthwhile to upgrade the DSPBB to a Kelpbeards trident?

One thing I'm finding hard is that some of these things have no prices in the Trading posts, so it's hard to get a feel for what fair pricing is.

Good plan. With your stats so far, you'll do really well. For some reference, here's a little  story about my time with the Obelisk War. Ok so, when the Obelisk War was going on. My stats were all around 450 or so. I was training with 8 regular codestones at that time. I had hardly any codestones left, probably spent 100k or so on the ones I didn't have. Then I got about 8 levels behind the red stone range. So I focused on level until I could finally get to the secret ninja academy. And that happened about halfway through the Obelisk War. I did pretty well in that war, Only a few losses from when I was trying to figure out the different pieces of equipment for the new opponents. You know, drag the battle out long enough to see what they have so I could help update the 1p-challenger database.

Otherwise, I had a TON of wins against the waves as they came in.(After their equipment was discovered. lol) And I was able to survive against Envy for nearly a minute of battle per battle! Especially when I stole his Prismatic Mirror to use against him. My favorite part of those battles!

Anyway, I had thousands of victories. It's the first time I've felt like I did a really decent job in any of the Wars that have taken place in the time I've been playing Neopets. IF I could do that with stats 2/3rds what your's are now, and much weaker weapons. I think my BEST was the Altador Cup Throwing Star at the time. I'm sure you'll be able to go far whenever we have another war to have fun with. ;)

OK, so onto the questions. LOL That's a very good idea. Especially since you're looking at 1p fighting. Saving NP and any Red Codestones you get from battling is an excellent plan. If you save up your regular codestones too, you can visit the Volcano, feed it the 10 random regular codestones it requests, and get yourself a random red stone as a reward. It's not very economical, but it's something to do with the regulars too. lol

On the healing item. Velm's would be very good for some time. So you could save for something else, or just save in general and wait on the Bag of Healing Dust. Wow, you must've done really well in the Obelisk War too to be able to get up to 6 Rejuvenating Jar of Brains! If you did that well then, you'll more than likely have ZERO trouble in upcoming wars, not counting the final boss of course. Almost everyone loses a battle to the boss, right? lol Anyway, with your prize points. You could sell some of what you redeem prize points for and add to your coffers. Perhaps then you could increase your budget for battling, or something else you might be interested in?

Yep! Downsize! can be a Definite life saver! Glad you're getting that!

Hubrid's Shield, I haven't used it, but it does boast impressive icon-blocking power, good variety too.

As for upgrading Dr. Sloth's Rubber Ducky to Kelpbeard's Trident. That's up to you as far as cost per icon goes. The Bath Buddy is 14 icons of constant power. The Trident has an average of SLIGHTLY higher than 18 icons. But a maximum possible of 24 icons, according to the entry in the TDN Battlepedia. If you feel up for shelling out about 8-8.7mil (Not counting what you would get if you also sold Dr Sloth's Personal Bath Buddy) you'll get a good boost of power though. It's at least cheaper than the anagram swords or some of the other weapons in the HT. :)

Oh man, YES It's so frustrating when you are looking at the TP and NOBODY lists a price or wishlist for the item you're interested in. In my experience, many don't even reply to NMs asking for a price or price range. Or even if they want items or demand pure. It IS a "trading" post, so items should be in the equation imho. If someone wants pure, there IS the auction house. Which I also check when I'm trying to price check something. I just took a look and there's 1 Kelpbeards Trident on the TP, but it says "reserved". And none are up in auctions.

Well, good luck finding a Kelpbeards Trident. Also, accounts that are 60 months old and above now get a 3% discount at the Hidden Tower on the third Wednesday of each month.

Not great if you're in something of a hurry. But if you wait for the 3rd Wednesday in June, either you might find a Trident on the TP before then, or if not, you could buy at the discount from the HT. Again, provided your account meets the age requirement. I'm guessing your account would probably be close to or older than 5 years though. Just because you did so well in points from the Obelisk War. :)

Happy battling! :)

Hey there, I mostly ignore my healer, Short Sleeved Yellow Tunic . Any advice?

Here are VHCN's stats

Level: 259 Health: 61 / 465 Mood: delighted! Hunger: bloated Strength: ULTIMATE (425) Defence: ULTIMATE (421) Move: ULTIMATE (304) Intelligence: ULTIMATE GENIUS (1031)

HI mtsparky. That's an interesting choice. I actually had a SSYT as my healer for pretty long time. I liked it, but eventually it didn't heal enough so I switched healers. Right now,a Velms Healing Potion, would heal 46.5hp once per battle, or full if your hp is under 10. It MIGHT be more useful in a pinch than in a battle you can't lose. I just checked prices on SSYT and you could get about 2 mil for it. (One person on the TP wants 2 mil for a quicksale, there was another but no price listed)

The next step UP from SSYT would PROBABLY be a Bag of Healing Dust, which heals a flat 50% of your hp once per battle. Though it IS more expensive at roughly 11mil. (Again, 2 on the TP, but only 1 with a price).OR Velms Healing Potion. Though it would MAINLY be good in a pinch when your HP is 10 or less.

So, it depends on your budget, and if you think that kind of a healing would be beneficial for the cost. The one thing I will add to this, is that without the auto-heal after you win a battle. Well, with the Bag of Healing Dust, it's easier to heal to full during an easy battle. Just use it twice while having something to keep the opponent from attacking. (Lens Flare, Warlock's Rage abilities, or Lens Flare + 100% freezer on the same turn) Making sure to use the Bag of Healing Dust (or other 50% healer) during a turn when you can't be attacked, beat the opponent. Start a new battle, use the same tactic before defeating the opponent, and you should be at full health. A way to put a damper on getting blasted by Snowager without having to eat food, suck down potions, or hope the Healing Springs in Faerie Land will give you a full heal. ;)

I hope this helps with your considerations for your healer. :)