Altador Cup XI Begins!

hrtbrk

I have been looking forward to this, yet dreading it all week lol. Another thing to occupy my already incredibly busy schedule. *sighs*

HMMM! I'm thinking/hoping my being in the UK will work in my favour in regard to lag etc. Should be able to play when a lot of the rest of Neopia is ZZZing. :D

EDIT: Wow...I totally take back my wishful thinking about being able to avoid the lag -_-

OK, I can't seem to figure this out.. how do the mini-games figure in? Is it just that you earn points or can you help your team win the cup by playing them?

Yeah, you gain team points from playing the side games too, you need to play a lot more of them though.

For example winning one yooyuball game gains you 1 game point, but you need to play 12 Shootout Showdown to get the same. But that's a far shorter game so it evens itself out.

Has anyone noticed that yooyuball has gotten a lot easier? Or am I all of a sudden some sort of prodigy? I swear I've never been able to score more than one goal ever before. I actually won today. 

This is my first AC, but I did win my first game of Yooyuball 2 to 1. Do I have to play everyday like Daily Dare or can I play at my leisure? Currently in school so kind of pressed for time.

It depends on your goals. The more you play, the more you help your team and the more points you earn for the prize shop. But it's not a "play every day to win a specific prize" type of event.

AC has "lowered" the caps this year for their games: the max in YYB is 40-42 ; 401 in MSN ; 401 in SOSD; and 84 in SS. So while I am pathetically at rank 2, my sister, mintmilanos, who can do 400 games of SOSD with no problem is already at rank 4. :( 

It really depends on your goals, if you really want the best prizes at the end- you might have to make a plan to pace yourself to make it to All Star Ranking. If you just want to have fun, do as much as you want and cheer on your team. :D

As always, Happy Gaming everbody!  :rock: Congrats to KI for beating Altador  :rambo: , better luck next time Altador teammates  :rolleyes_anim: !

Do I have to reach a certain score for my game to count towards my rank? I am already sick of playing Slushie Slinger...I've played 43 games but my rank is still beginner. For the last 5 games I realised your 'games played' increased even if you ended the game at 5 points...so I did that. Does that affect my non-progression to rank 1?

EDIT: *coughs awkwardly* I misunderstood the rank increase numbers...I haven't played enough games yet for rank 1. So, uh, never mind :)

EDIT 2: Okay so there is a minimum score necessary for it to count. Do we know what it is? The TDN Altador Cup article says 300 points minimum, but I seem to remember aiming to get 140 minimum last year...and I got a minimum of 140 points in the 52 SS games I've played so far. Help :(

EDIT 3: *Ahem*, I found my answer. Thank you to named444 for the following information:

Here are the minimum points you need for each game for it to count towards your rank.

Yooyuball - Finish the match

Slushie Slinger - 270 points

Make Some Noise - 3,000 points

Shootout Showdown - 35 points

I'm happy to be participating in the AC again and first time on my current main. I kinda feel like I'm the only one supporting Altador, though I know it's not really true.

Anyway, I'm not gonna get to play as much this year because my sis and I are sharing a computer. She is a Darigan supporter and is also better than me. I made 30 goals last night and my sis made 108 in about the same amount of time!

In any case, I'm glad to play and support my team ?

Best to the other teams and happy gaming ?

Sorry for being such a noob... but does it always say Bonus on Yooyuball? Or is there something special about today?

This is my first AC as well!! Go Krawk Island!!!

No it doesn't always say Bonus Game on Yooyuball. Today Yooyuball is the Bonus game (not every day has a bonus game and they alternate) so you get more points for your team playing Yooyuball. :)

theres a huge lag and plug-in is crashing for Chrome users

i switched to I.E !!

It's not any better on Firefox. I would almost say it's worse. Is there a recommended browser for it?

Yeah so I tried playing YYB on a laptop and that was a nightmare. I still won but only by one point  :shiftyeyes_anim:

I'm not sure if you're using a mouse/trackpad or your keyboard. I use my Mouse and I'm getting games with 11-0. It honestly takes practice to get there. I remember my first year playing I had such a terrible time with YYB until I got better at it. Keep at it and I'm sure you can do it! :D