Adding Pictures

Teganrose1

How would I add pictures to a post? I'm trying to put an image from dresstoimpress, but it won't work when I put the URL in after clicking image. My only other assumption is it has something to do with the My Media thing, but I have no idea how to add pictures to it or access it in general.

When replying, there's a button above the text box that once pressed, pops up a little window where you can paste the URL of the picture you are wanting to post. You can see where the button is below.

cJW83Qb.png

If you are seeing all the buttons grayed out, you'll need to click the little gray switch button to the direct right of your display picture.

If that's not working, can you try pasting the URL you're using, maybe it's a format issue.

When replying, there's a button above the text box that once pressed, pops up a little window where you can paste the URL of the picture you are wanting to post. You can see where the button is below.

cJW83Qb.png

If you are seeing all the buttons grayed out, you'll need to click the little gray switch button to the direct right of your display picture.

If that's not working, can you try pasting the URL you're' using, maybe it's a format issue.

I tried that before in the original post when i said "but it won't work when I put the URL in after clicking image"

All it says is "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." Though I've seen other people post stuff from dresstoimpress all the time.

I apologize, I'm apparently having Monday Brain and only registered part of your question. Now that I've read it properly, hopefully I can be more helpful.

Can you paste the URL you're trying to use? Is it one from the sharing tab on an outfit page?

Here it is: http://impress.openneo.net/outfits/1191605
And it's ok, I didn't phrase that all too well.

Wait, I figured it out, thanks for your help  :)

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm really glad you asked this question since I would really like to know how to post the Random Event graphics. I copied it and the text shows but not the rest of the image. I've inspected the element and I know the graphic is made up of layers but I don't know how to post it here. Other things work with a simple copy and paste but not those.  

@acmerasta,

I am having the same problem.  I have seen others post theirs, but I cannot get my images to post either. :sad01_anim:

I'm thinking the only way is screenshot and upload. It's what I've ended up having to do anyway, lol! I've done the element inspecting and so on too, looking for other options. If there IS another way, hopefully someone will share the magic. :D

I don't know how to do it from other sites, I've just learned to do it from the dresstoimpress website. They have a sharing page that I can copy the link. Then I can click image and paste the URL.

I think that's probably how it will work from an image hosting site too. Post there and then copy the resulting URL.  :mellow:

Now to source a website....   :guiltysmiley:

Thanks Jelly and Spritzie!