best ad blocker for chrome ?

Angeló

so apparently chrome has problems with flash games .. 

it crashes or the games are very slow

i thought it was Neopets fault during the Altador Cup

but all the games are crashing for me even Kass Basher

so i read on the neoboards that installing an ad blocker is the best solution

i googled and i found lots of them , and im confused

which one is the best to install ? i want a free one as well 

thanks

Adblock Plus and uBlock Origin are both sufficient. While I use Adblock Plus, many prefer uBlock Origin because they don't store your information. Also, uBlock Origin uses a lot less resources which means less slowdown.

• 1 year later...

I was wondering if this ad blocker you speak of helps with the games actually loading?  When I was on the neoboards, I noticed a topic that said that Google Chrome their is a fix for when you go play the Neopets games, when they come up blank, and they gave the fix for it, but I did not bother to copy and paste it as I have been quite fed up with chrome because of this issue.  Is there any way that someone can please tell me what to do and guide me through this step by step and tell me how I can let chrome let me play games on Neopets and load them correctly instead of getting a blank game page?  Thank You ever so much ;) 

I would also like to know how to take a screenshot and find it.  I know I just hit print screen, but after I do that, where do I go to find what I print screen?

7 hours ago, ROSE OF AVALON said:

I was wondering if this ad blocker you speak of helps with the games actually loading?  When I was on the neoboards, I noticed a topic that said that Google Chrome their is a fix for when you go play the Neopets games, when they come up blank, and they gave the fix for it, but I did not bother to copy and paste it as I have been quite fed up with chrome because of this issue.  Is there any way that someone can please tell me what to do and guide me through this step by step and tell me how I can let chrome let me play games on Neopets and load them correctly instead of getting a blank game page?  Thank You ever so much ;) 

I would also like to know how to take a screenshot and find it.  I know I just hit print screen, but after I do that, where do I go to find what I print screen?

Flash is most likely your main culprit here and not your ad-blocker. There should be an i icon for you to click on to allow flash on Neopets.com. For screenshots, see our guide for help with that.

http://thedailyneopets.com/articles/screenshots

12 hours ago, ROSE OF AVALON said:

If you get a grey box, instead of a game loading, in Chrome, try this:

1. Open Chrome.

2. Go to Neopets (www.neopets.com).

3. Click on the icon that is a circle with an "i" in the center. It is located to the left of the web address. In this case, to the left of www.neopets.com.

4. Select "Site Settings".

5. In the new tab (Settings) that opened, look for "Flash". Change it from "Ask (default)" to "Allow".

6. Close the "Settings" tab.

7. You can either close Chrome, reopen it, and go to Neopets, or go back to the Neopets tab you opened and refresh the page.

8. See if the game(s) now load.

Please note, there are 11 games that are not Flash, and browsers like Chrome and Firefox do not support the plugins/extensions used for those games. 8 of them are Adobe Shockwave and 3 are 3DVIA. The 8 Shockwave games are Attack of the Slorgs, Castle Battles, Dice Escape, Frumball, Gourmet Club Bowls, Hannah and the Ice Caves, Hannah and the Pirate Caves, and The Return of the Return of Dr. Sloth (TROTRODS).  The 3 3DVIA games are Shenkuu River Rush, Terror Mountain Tilt, and The Last Blast. If the game is one of these games, then it is a different issue.

If the game(s) still do not load, try clearing Chrome's cache. To do so:

1. In Chrome, click on the three vertical dots, located in the top, left corner of Chrome.

2. Select "More tools", and then "Clear browsing data...".

3. In the "Clear browsing data" window that opens, under "Basic", make sure only "Cached images and files" is selected. "Uncheck" for "Browsing history" and "Cookies and other site data".

4. Click the "Clear Data" button.

5. Close Chrome and reopen. Go back to Neopets and see if the game(s) now load.

If the games still do not load, then check if Chrome or Flash requires an update. Flash is "built-in" to Chrome. Chrome updates usually update the built-in Flash. However, if the first two methods didn't work, I can post on how to check for Chrome and Flash updates for Chrome, if you post that the two methods didn't work.

One other item that could be an issue is if you are using an older version of Chrome because you are using an old operating system (OS) like Windows XP or Vista. The last version of Chrome supported for those OSes is version 47. Allowing Flash for that version of Chrome is different.

23 hours ago, Scoobert_Doo said:

If you get a grey box, instead of a game loading, in Chrome, try this:

1. Open Chrome.

2. Go to Neopets (www.neopets.com).

3. Click on the icon that is a circle with an "i" in the center. It is located to the left of the web address. In this case, to the left of www.neopets.com.

4. Select "Site Settings".

5. In the new tab (Settings) that opened, look for "Flash". Change it from "Ask (default)" to "Allow".

6. Close the "Settings" tab.

7. You can either close Chrome, reopen it, and go to Neopets, or go back to the Neopets tab you opened and refresh the page.

8. See if the game(s) now load.

Please note, there are 11 games that are not Flash, and browsers like Chrome and Firefox do not support the plugins/extensions used for those games. 8 of them are Adobe Shockwave and 3 are 3DVIA. The 8 Shockwave games are Attack of the Slorgs, Castle Battles, Dice Escape, Frumball, Gourmet Club Bowls, Hannah and the Ice Caves, Hannah and the Pirate Caves, and The Return of the Return of Dr. Sloth (TROTRODS).  The 3 3DVIA games are Shenkuu River Rush, Terror Mountain Tilt, and The Last Blast. If the game is one of these games, then it is a different issue.

If the game(s) still do not load, try clearing Chrome's cache. To do so:

1. In Chrome, click on the three vertical dots, located in the top, left corner of Chrome.

2. Select "More tools", and then "Clear browsing data...".

3. In the "Clear browsing data" window that opens, under "Basic", make sure only "Cached images and files" is selected. "Uncheck" for "Browsing history" and "Cookies and other site data".

4. Click the "Clear Data" button.

5. Close Chrome and reopen. Go back to Neopets and see if the game(s) now load.

If the games still do not load, then check if Chrome or Flash requires an update. Flash is "built-in" to Chrome. Chrome updates usually update the built-in Flash. However, if the first two methods didn't work, I can post on how to check for Chrome and Flash updates for Chrome, if you post that the two methods didn't work.

One other item that could be an issue is if you are using an older version of Chrome because you are using an old operating system (OS) like Windows XP or Vista. The last version of Chrome supported for those OSes is version 47. Allowing Flash for that version of Chrome is different.

The first 8 steps worked for me ;)  Thank You So Much For Your Help With This ;)

Now, I have one other question ;)

In Firefox, I not only cleared cache, but it told me to do something like restart it.  I forgot where I read it, but it took out all that garbage that was holding firefox back from running properly. 

While I am able to now play games on Google Chrome on Neopets, they run slowly.  I have cleared out the cache, and was wondering if there is a fix for Chrome like there is on Firefox?  Is their anyway that I can restart it or something where it will still save my information, but will clear out all unnecessary things?  Just a reminder, it's not clear cahche, it's something more in depth ;)

Thank You For Any Help That You Can Give To me Regarding This Issue, Now With Chrome ;)

Also, Thank You for  the help that you have given to me already, with Chrome ;)

Sorry for the triple pics . .  . but, I did not realize that I was d/l and kept on clicking and thought nothing was happening until, for some reason I looked down and wa la, there my pics were . . .

hehe . . . ;) ;) ;) I do not know how to delete them, though :/

10 hours ago, ROSE OF AVALON said:

The first 8 steps worked for me ;)  Thank You So Much For Your Help With This ;)

Now, I have one other question ;)

In Firefox, I not only cleared cache, but it told me to do something like restart it.  I forgot where I read it, but it took out all that garbage that was holding firefox back from running properly. 

While I am able to now play games on Google Chrome on Neopets, they run slowly.  I have cleared out the cache, and was wondering if there is a fix for Chrome like there is on Firefox?  Is their anyway that I can restart it or something where it will still save my information, but will clear out all unnecessary things?  Just a reminder, it's not clear cahche, it's something more in depth ;)

Thank You For Any Help That You Can Give To me Regarding This Issue, Now With Chrome ;)

Also, Thank You for  the help that you have given to me already, with Chrome ;)

Sorry for the triple pics . .  . but, I did not realize that I was d/l and kept on clicking and thought nothing was happening until, for some reason I looked down and wa la, there my pics were . . .

hehe . . . ;) ;) ;) I do not know how to delete them, though :/

Well, there is a way to reset Chrome, but, personally, I do not think it will help with Flash game performance on Neopets. Flash is fairly old technology, and was designed as 32-bit only. When it was created, computers didn't have the performance they have now. So, you can try to reset Chrome, but if the games are still slow, then I'm out of ideas.

To reset Chrome:

2. Select "Settings".

3. Scroll down to the very bottom of the page, and click on "Advanced". More settings will appear.

4. Again, scroll down to the very bottom of the page. You should see the "Reset" heading, and "Reset" below it. Click on "Reset Restore settings to their original defaults".

5. A pop-up window will open, explaining what will be reset. If you are sure you want to reset, click the "Reset" button.

Alternatively, you can type this, without the quotes, into Chrome's address bar and it will do the same: "chrome://settings/resetProfileSettings"

Please note, once Chrome has been reset, you will most likely have to enable Flash for Neopets again, by following steps 1 thru 8, as you previously did.