Trudy's Surprise - Changes On The Way

Scoobert_Doo

It looks like the changes to Trudy's Surprise, mentioned on the Neopets "News" page, on 19 May 2016 (http://www.neopets.com/nf.phtml?nf_date=2016-05-16), are going into effect:

"Updates to Trudy’s Surprise are coming next week! Take note - this is expected to affect your daily play count, so don’t fret if you notice this change in your account. If you’ve been playing on consecutive days, we are so sorry for the inconvenience! But For now, you can rest assured that the slots at Trudy’s Surprise will continue spinning."

Although I cannot take credit for finding this out, there has been "chatter" on the "Games" and "Help" Neoboards, today, and JellyNeo has info on their main page.

It seems the two biggest changes are:

1) Trudy's Surprise will have its own "daily" page at https://www.neopets.com/trudys_surprise.phtml

and

2) Trudy's Surprise will now reset at midnight NST, like all of the rest of the dailies.

The link is currently accessible, but I'm not (convinced) sure it is working properly, yet. I did seem to get rest back to Day 1, but I only got 1500 NP and the message for the "terrible horrible bad luck", even though I got three matching icons. Others on the Neoboards posted they got 1500 NP, too. Hopefully, we will hear about it in the Neopian Times Editorial for tomorrow.

Can't wait for TDN to add this "new" daily link to their already great "Dailies" page! *poke, poke*

I think the changes are nice. No more having to remember what time or worry about missing a day and no more getting "pwned" by Trudy's Surprise popping up on Neopets, when you are in the middle of something else. If you haven't seen her today, this could be why.

What do you think of the new changes?

I just did it and only got 2k for the bad luck bonus...is it going to give fewer NP?  :(

EDIT: To clarify I know it reset (which I'm mildly irked about, as I was up to the 19k+ part of the cycle) but apparently it's slightly glitched anyway?  I do like it working like any other daily now!

Scoobert_Doo it has already been added to our Dailies page in the first section for General Dailies, right after Kiko Pop. :D

I actually got to that at about 8:30pm NST when I had a few minutes to spare. :)

If you are receiving fewer neopoints for your spins PLEASE send in tickets so we can update the guide accordingly.

I'm rather ticked if they reset the count. I mean the 100k payout is due any day now. IF that still exists. -_-

I got a lousy 1500np and it gave me the terrifying bad luck bonus, even though I had 2 earth muffins show up.

Ok, I'm definitely ticked, I spin everyday and as I said above, the 100k payout was due in the next couple of days, not happy about starting over after almost a whole month's anticipation! I didn't mind it showing up willy-nilly on the site, free NP of that kind is more than enough to placate any minor annoyance from having it show up suddenly, I just figured that THAT's what made it a "surprise".

Oh well, went to manage my dailies and add it's pic in, but that hasn't been added yet. I used the link via the TDN Dailies page linked to from TDN's homepage.

I'm rather ticked if they reset the count. I mean the 100k payout is due any day now. IF that still exists. -_-

I got a lousy 1500np and it gave me the terrifying bad luck bonus, even though I had 2 earth muffins show up.

Ok, I'm definitely ticked, I spin everyday and as I said above, the 100k payout was due in the next couple of days, not happy about starting over after almost a whole month's anticipation! I didn't mind it showing up willy-nilly on the site, free NP of that kind is more than enough to placate any minor annoyance from having it show up suddenly, I just figured that THAT's what made it a "surprise".

Oh well, went to manage my dailies and add it's pic in, but that hasn't been added yet. I used the link via the TDN Dailies page linked to from TDN's homepage.

I believe they gave Trudy it's own place because people may have been abusing it on their side account by not disabling it.

In regards to the amounts being reset, TNT did actually state in the news last week I believe it was or whenever they made the announcement that the payouts will be reset and they apologized for that. I believe the amounts are still glitched right now and they'll probably be working the rest of the kinks out of the system today. I too am a bit sad about the amount being reset, but it's free neopoints so I'm not about to gripe on that. :)

*sigh* yeah, losing out on the 100k's a bit annoying, but hey, at least EVERYONE is losing out, share that misery! :woot:

I got a paltry 1500 bad luck bonus too, despite having 2 matching images. Hopefully they get it sorted out soon. :)

The new page for Trudy's Surprise doesn't seem to be working for me at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to use it since I realized the changes were in effect (which was literally just now when I saw this post, lol-- I usually do my Neopets dailies in the evening after dinner, but when it didn't pop up when I signed in, I figured I must have just shown up too early and forgot about it), but I'm hoping that its just because they're working out the kinks and it will end up resolving itself soon.

Like some of the commenters said upthread, I am kind of bummed about the timing of the change, since I was only a day or two away from the 100k prize, but I am glad that it is resetting at midnight like the rest of the dailies so I can do TS with the rest of my dailies and not have to worry about remembering what random time I got it the day before. Hopefully it will end up working well once everything is figured out!

I was due for the 100k too.  I am quite upset too.  I guess they had to change it at some point but of course it would happen to fall when we were due for our 100k.  I think they did it that way purposely as I NEVER missed one day of spinning, so they had to have known it was due to hit 100k if people spun faithfully every day since it started.  (That's my story and I'm stickin' to it).  LOL

I enjoy Trudy as a daily, as opposed to being interrupted in the middle of a timed game.

The toy box is gone, I did, for the most part enjoy the prizes and donated the replicas.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the NP from Trudy and was a day or two away from the 100,000 NP's, but I do enjoy as many freebies as I can get.   :rolleyes_anim:

At least this will make it easier to play every day. I think I've only gotten the 100k prize maybe once? The way it worked before was super inconvenient because I never know what time of the day I'm going to have time or motivation to get on Neopets, haha.

I just spun as well & got 3 of the earth muffins but received 2k saying terrifying bad luck bonus. I think I'm in the minority but I recently received my 100 K & started over. I agree it's nice having a set page & a midnight restart. I don't mind if but think I expected more on the page than just the click to box option.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who suspected that they made this change now so a lot of people didn't get their 100k pay out >_< I feel so much better about my cynicism when other people feel the same way. :laughingsmiley:

I got a bad luck bonus which gave me 2000NP even though I had two of the same things. Looks like a lot of people are having this problem.

I am half way through my play count I think. I feel so bad for those who are a few days away from getting the 100,000 NP price.

EDIT: Just when we thought that the removal of petpet park daily would make the daily section even...another daily is added..and kiko pop is once again pushed down to be the lonely one. lol

I believe they gave Trudy it's own place because people may have been abusing it on their side account by not disabling it.

In regards to the amounts being reset, TNT did actually state in the news last week I believe it was or whenever they made the announcement that the payouts will be reset and they apologized for that. I believe the amounts are still glitched right now and they'll probably be working the rest of the kinks out of the system today. I too am a bit sad about the amount being reset, but it's free neopoints so I'm not about to gripe on that. :)

I'm not usually aware of the news. I never can seem to remember WHEN it comes out, so..LOL For me this was a real "surprise".  I just wish TNT could've waited until June's 100k payout happened, then they could've changed it. lol

I USUALLY see new things on Neo when I'm just looking at the forums here. lol I may be behind the ball sometimes, but it's more fun here anyway. LOL

I don't mind it having it's own daily page. And it makes sense to do so if there are people that would multi to abuse it, not all neopians stick to the honor code unfortunately.

It just kinda stinks, the timing or that making it it's own page due to abusers was necessary.

Thanks for elaborating for me though. ;)

It definitely would've been nice if they had waited, but I like to think Jumpstart was just more concerned with getting the page up and didn't bother to do the math on whether people were close to the the 100k, not that they knew and purposely reset at that point. Anyway, I also got 1500 np and bad luck bonus message. I forgot if I actually had a match, but judging by the other posts, I probably did. Hopefully the problems get worked out soon and I also hope it is the same formula where we eventually get to 100k np again.

I never understood why Trudy's Surprise didn't have its own page in the first place. It was supposedly to get new users to know about things on the site, but it's only one thing and people still have to look around and find out about everything else. I don't see how that daily popping up did much to help people know more about the site or what was available that they couldn't figure out by looking around.

Weird thing, I kind of lost an old account and my sides because TS was not on its own page. I got the np on my sides when TS first started and there was the problem with people getting np even when they didn't click to play. So, I had that on there, along with np I had tranferred from my main. I went and donated the money from TS, but then I got nervous about having np on my sides (about 10,000 per side) and I transferred all my np to my main, basically all at once, still around the start of TS. I know, not the smartest thing and needless to say, Jumpstart thought I was transferring money from the daily. I tried to explain, but I guess it could not be proven after all that trading, so that was it. Anyway, I know it was partly my fault, but it's weird knowing it wouldn't have happened if TS already had its own page. Oh well, it is what it is and now I like my new main and sides just as much, maybe more.

Tonight I had no match, and got the bonus message, but this time, I got 2500np. Probably because it's "Day 2" since I spun it last night.

Ugh! Rotten luck.

Here’s something to cheer you up – the Terrifyingly Bad Luck Bonus!
Congratulations! You’ve won

2500 Neopoints

It won't award me the Neopoints. I spin the wheel, it stops, then it just freezes.

EDIT: It finally worked and gave me 2,000 NP... Yay...

Is it still going to be giving out 100k or is it just that it's still resetting right now?

Would it be okay if I wrote down what I get each day here? :P

I'm using Chrome.

1-Actual:Don't remember 

Rewarded:Terrifyingly Bad Luck Bonus

NP:2000np

2-Actual:3 Gold Chest things

NP:5000np

3-Actual:Nothing

NP:4500np

Notes:No matches, froze, awarded nothing after refreshing, spun again, same result.

Gave me the 4500np, when I refreshed the page to see what happened I lost the 4500np and I could not spin again, therefore not getting any neopoints.

4-Actual:

Rewarded:

NP:

Notes:No matches, froze, awarded nothing after refreshing, spun again, same result. Refreshed again, same thing, never got anything.

I don't know know if this broke the streak.

5-Forgot....

1-Actual:Terrifyingly Bad Luck Bonus

NP:4000np

Today, my second spin, I had no matches and got the bad luck bonus and 2500.That's about right, isn't it? Considering I got 1500 yesterday.