Trudy's Surprise - Changes On The Way

Scoobert_Doo

Wow, how come some people got 5000 NP for bad luck bonus and I got 2000 NP? It appears to be more glitchy than I thought.

It looks like the changes to Trudy's Surprise, mentioned on the Neopets "News" page, on 19 May 2016 (http://www.neopets.com/nf.phtml?nf_date=2016-05-16), are going into effect:

"Updates to Trudy’s Surprise are coming next week! Take note - this is expected to affect your daily play count, so don’t fret if you notice this change in your account. If you’ve been playing on consecutive days, we are so sorry for the inconvenience! But For now, you can rest assured that the slots at Trudy’s Surprise will continue spinning."

Although I cannot take credit for finding this out, there has been "chatter" on the "Games" and "Help" Neoboards, today, and JellyNeo has info on their main page.

It seems the two biggest changes are:

1) Trudy's Surprise will have its own "daily" page at https://www.neopets.com/trudys_surprise.phtml

and

2) Trudy's Surprise will now reset at midnight NST, like all of the rest of the dailies.

The link is currently accessible, but I'm not (convinced) sure it is working properly, yet. I did seem to get rest back to Day 1, but I only got 1500 NP and the message for the "terrible horrible bad luck", even though I got three matching icons. Others on the Neoboards posted they got 1500 NP, too. Hopefully, we will hear about it in the Neopian Times Editorial for tomorrow.

Can't wait for TDN to add this "new" daily link to their already great "Dailies" page! *poke, poke*

I think the changes are nice. No more having to remember what time or worry about missing a day and no more getting "pwned" by Trudy's Surprise popping up on Neopets, when you are in the middle of something else. If you haven't seen her today, this could be why.

What do you think of the new changes?

I got the bad luck bonus yesterday and today even though I had 3 matches each day. 1500 yesterday and 2500 today.'
This post has been edited by a member of staff (Songbirdsara) because of a violation of the forum rules.
Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.
Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

As far as resetting everyone's 25 day cycle, they did announce it on May 19's News, when they also said there would be changes to Trudy's Surprise. However, they also said it would happen the next week - week after the 19th of May. Since they didn't implement the the change(s) then, it would have been nice if they stated so, or at least said when they would be implementing the change, or started it on the 1st of July. To be honest, everyone is most likely on a different 25 day cycle, so, really, everyday someone could be getting the 100K NP, or be close to it. Wasn't happy about it restarting, but I can see why. And people will not have to worry about accessing it on a side, which is a good thing.

EDIT: Although this weeks Neopian Times Editorial question/answer doesn't answer the NP payout question, I don't believe the NP amounts have changed, and you will still get 100K NP on the 25th day, and have the chance to get a "bonus NC item" (Basic Gift Box).

EDIT EDIT: I still think Trudy's Surprise is "glitchy". I just got the "bad luck bonus" of 5K NP, and a basic gift box. I got the bad luck bonus two other times, this week, already, when you are just supposed to get the bonus only once, per week. And that has since been using the new link. Hm...

Certainly sounds like it's still glitchy then, so in that case...I'm just happy that it's working at all and we're all still getting something.  :yes: 

Wow, how come some people got 5000 NP for bad luck bonus and I got 2000 NP? It appears to be more glitchy than I thought.

I believe it just depends on what day you're on when you get the bad luck bonus. The further you are the more NP's you get for the BLB

Okay I had something very VERY irksome happen just now.

It took forever to load/spin, but I ultimately got two matches, rotten luck message, 8k, and a gift box.

...except it didn't actually give me the NP, and I can't re-spin.  -_-

I had somewhat the same problem yesterday, except it kept letting me spin over and over again and wouldn't award me anything (Not even my first spin got rewarded anything which is why I refreshed and spun again, and still nothing.)

Yeah lol, this is definitely not fixed yet xD

My 3rd spin: 2 matches but still with the bad luck bonus. Won 5k and a giftbox. 

Okay I had something very VERY irksome happen just now.

It took forever to load/spin, but I ultimately got two matches, rotten luck message, 8k, and a gift box.

...except it didn't actually give me the NP, and I can't re-spin.  -_-

I have the same problem today. It said I won 3k but my nps are still at 0.

Yup, definitely glitched. I didn't even get to see the pop-up that told me the amount I'd won, so no neopoints have been added, and I can't spin it again.

Same here. The pop up part didn't show. I have been able to spin a few times today (after problems loading each time) but same result each time.

Yup, definitely glitched. I didn't even get to see the pop-up that told me the amount I'd won, so no neopoints have been added, and I can't spin it again.

Similar glitch, I spin it and don't get the message telling me what I've won, but I can come back to it and spin again.  It just doesn't tell me if won anything.  I also haven't seen any extra neopoints showing up.

I wonder if this means our daily progress will start over tomorrow.  :sick01:

On a whim, I turned off my ad-blocker and went to trudy's surprise page again, and I did get a reward after I spun!  

I guess coding it as a dedicated page instead of however they did it before looks like an ad to AdBlock.  So, if this particular glitch is still happening to you and you use an ad blocker, try pausing it.

Obviously, the ads are still out there, and about a million landed on me right after my spin, so some fine tuning is in order, but at least I'm not starting over.

I have the same problem today. It said I won 3k but my nps are still at 0.

It happened to me to, for the second day in the row. I'm peeved, since I don't like glitches. I know it's free NPs, but it's still a pain in the bottom. 

Ok, roll 4...Bad luck bonus blah blah, 2 matches regardless of that message...maybe the important question is, is anyone NOT getting that message?

5500np, so a 500 increase from yesterday.

I use an adblocker, if that's any help towards figuring out why some people are getting no winnings at all.

On a whim, I turned off my ad-blocker and went to trudy's surprise page again, and I did get a reward after I spun!  

I guess coding it as a dedicated page instead of however they did it before looks like an ad to AdBlock.  So, if this particular glitch is still happening to you and you use an ad blocker, try pausing it.

Obviously, the ads are still out there, and about a million landed on me right after my spin, so some fine tuning is in order, but at least I'm not starting over.

Thanks for the tip, I gave it a shot, but I got the same results as yesterday. Also, even with the adblocker, it worked just fine for me (unless you count getting the "bad luck bonus" message when getting 2 matches) the first two days after they changed it. It just stopped working yesterday, no pop-up, no neopoints. Odd.

Ok, roll 4...Bad luck bonus blah blah, 2 matches regardless of that message...maybe the important question is, is anyone NOT getting that message?

5500np, so a 500 increase from yesterday.

I use an adblocker, if that's any help towards figuring out why some people are getting no winnings at all.

I tried it again after turning off my ad blocker but still nothing.... I like that TNT tries new things but for the bugs that they seem to generate lol

That isn't working for me either. I press play, it spins the slot machine, it stops, and nothing happens. I refresh and it acts as if I never spun it. Looks like I'm starting over. :(

I tried it again after turning off my ad blocker but still nothing.... I like that TNT tries new things but for the bugs that they seem to generate lol

HA! Yeah, tell me (and everyone else) out it >_<

Maybe it'll work better tomorrow!

You guys that it's not working for...what browser/device combo are you using?

I'm using a laptop (Vista) and Firefox.

It doesn't make sense that it's working for some and not others. So I feel it must be some kind of combo at the user end that's causing it. They don't seem to test things as thoroughly as they should before they're rolled out. :( Things not working for a few is only to be expected, but it seems to be a pretty significant percentage who are having problems with this. : /

It doesn't make sense that it's working for some and not others. So I feel it must be some kind of combo at the user end that's causing it. They don't seem to test things as thoroughly as they should before they're rolled out. :( Things not working for a few is only to be expected, but it seems to be a pretty significant percentage who are having problems with this. : /

I've tried every browser on a computer and a laptop. They all have the same glitch where I spin and nothing happens.