Trudy's Surprise - Changes On The Way

Scoobert_Doo

There are several boards complaining about this on Neoboards. This and GC actually. So the problem seems pretty widespread. It seems to have worked for most people after the initial move but now it seems to have stopped working for a large number of us. Some people are reporting a ridiculous lag as well w.r.t. TS....

It doesn't make sense that it's working for some and not others. So I feel it must be some kind of combo at the user end that's causing it. They don't seem to test things as thoroughly as they should before they're rolled out. :( Things not working for a few is only to be expected, but it seems to be a pretty significant percentage who are having problems with this. : /

I'm using a laptop, Windows 7 and Firefox. The thing is though, while it hasn't worked for me yesterday and today, it was fine before that, even after the change. So I'm pretty sure it's not the user's end.

Testing will only get you so far; rolling things out while they're still in need of some testing is actually a great way to test them (but super annoying for the users). You'll get a lot more data, which you can work with to make the software better. And, for some reason, glitches actually often only affect a certain amount of people. I guess it's easy to get a few bugs in your program, and they work in mysterious ways sometimes. XD

(I've just started studying to become a software engineer, and already I've had the urge to throw my laptop out the window several times, when my code was working just fine in the morning, and then (without changing anything in it) would just refuse to work in the afternoon. :shiftyeyes_anim: )

Well, I have different a problem today, but we know it's all part of one big problem behind the scenes.

This morning (Chrome on a Macintosh, adblocker turned off for the page), it spun, got 2,000 np.  I'd gotten 5 the day before, so I think it started me over again.  I think I'm going to take receiving any prize as the surprise and just wait until they work out all the kinks before I worry about progressing to the 100K level again.

This is the first jumpstart change for me since I came back to neopets.  Is this how things normally go?  Do they eventually repair everything?

Having the same issue here too, also, horrible lag going on :sad01_anim:

On a whim, I turned off my ad-blocker and went to trudy's surprise page again, and I did get a reward after I spun!  

I guess coding it as a dedicated page instead of however they did it before looks like an ad to AdBlock.  So, if this particular glitch is still happening to you and you use an ad blocker, try pausing it.

Obviously, the ads are still out there, and about a million landed on me right after my spin, so some fine tuning is in order, but at least I'm not starting over.

I just tried that, I disabled AdBlock on that page only. I still didn't see a pop-up telling me how much I won, and no neopoints either.

At least you are receiving amounts of Neopoints (lousy or what not) But I am not receiving ANY!!! I go to the link, and it just says loading for 2 minutes finally loads, spins, then Spoofffff NOTHING! -_-!!!!!!!!!!!! Just stops, acts like I already spun for the day and nothing gets added to my account. I was a few days away from my 100k too................................. so.. Yeah Im glad to see I am not the only one with an issue with Trudy..

I hope they fix it soon! Thank you Mouseykins for redirecting me to this forum! 

I have the same problem as Vixiella, I spun the wheel, sparks around my outcome and nothing. I disabled my adblock refreshed the page but still nothing. I haven't got anything from her the last days and if she keeps giving me nothing but false hope I will give her up as a daily :') So I hope there is a fix on the way, I will keep following this post for updates :)

Ok, with trepidation I go to do today's spin!

Yep, not working at all now. I take that as a positive to be honest, as I'm deciding to take this as meaning it's being worked on.

The power of wishful thinking! :woot:

Sometimes it tells me how much I've won, but never gives me anything anyway. Hopefully they get this worked out soon. 

Man, I've been counting on Trudy's Surprise for so much more of my income than I thought...

*shakes Trudy's Surprise like a vending machine that won't give out the goods*

:whistle:

I seem to be having the same problem a lot of people are having-- yesterday around 7PM EST, I went to do all my dailies, and Trudy's Surprise took forever to load. After refreshing a couple times, I finally got the page to show up, but when I clicked the button to pull the lever, it finished spinning but no pop-up came up to tell me what I won. I left the page where it was and finished my dailies, since sometimes for me it just takes a while for it all to catch up, but after 10-15 minutes, I saw that nothing had happened and I refreshed the page.

It let me keep trying to spin it, which I did about 4-5 times before I got paranoid that the site was going to think I was trying to cheat or something and gave up. I went to send a ticket but the program for that feature didn't seem to be working either so I just said "whatever" and went about my business. So, this morning, I tried to do it AGAIN and had the same problem, where the wheels would spin, but it wouldn't tell me what/how much I had won, and I could refresh and try to spin again with the same results, which is when I finally came here to see what was up. Hopefully it resolves itself soon, it has to be at least 24 hours since its been glitchy, right?

Ok, with trepidation I go to do today's spin!

Yep, not working at all now. I take that as a positive to be honest, as I'm deciding to take this as meaning it's being worked on.

The power of wishful thinking! :woot:

Yep,, same here.  I spin and get four matches but no pop-up/reward.

Oh ho ho! We has a present!!

96SdRGw.png

*runs off to press buttons*

EDIT: Hahaha, I guess a load of people activating Trudy at once isn't the best thing ever, it won't load :laughingsmiley: I LIKE this notification method though.

I'm curious what you got!  It'll be anti-climactic if the notice is for 1000 np, so maybe it's for something unusual and cool.

For me today, I spun (with adblocker turned off) but didn't get any pop up telling me what I won.  I repeated this at random times, and then a few seconds ago, I tried it and it says I won 1,500 np.  Now, I can't spin again today, which is normal behavior.  I don't know what made my last spin go through.  

Was 1,500 a possibility before the move to a dedicated page?  The lowest I remember getting was 2,000.

I didn't get anything, it never loaded :laughingsmiley:

EDIT: Annnd, the message has popped up again, lol...

Ugh! Rotten luck.

Here’s something to cheer you up – the Terrifyingly Bad Luck Bonus!
Congratulations! You’ve won

4000 Neopoints

I clicked on TDN's link to Trudy's Surprise again and got the message that Trudy's had reset as well. So I tried again, and got 1500 neopoints. Odd thing is, I think they were added before I even clicked on the button to spin it, because at first I didn't think any NP had been added, but then I compared it to another tab I had open, and there was definitely a 1500 NP difference. (But it's late here, and I'm tired, so I might be wrong about when they were added.)

Anyway, it works. :)

I just spun Trudy's Surprise and I got the "bad luck" bonus of 1500 NP, and it was added to my NP on hand! With the low amount, it seems I may have been reset back to Day 1. As long as it is working, again, and the NP goes up, as before, I don't mind (too much!). At first, Trudy's Surprise did not load (stayed on Loading...), so I refreshed the page. Once refreshed, it loaded Trudy's and let me spin. I was afraid refreshing the page would tell me that I already spun, but it didn't.

I saw the message too but then it disappeared lol. I suppose it's fixed now though because I just tried it again aaaaannndddd:

Ugh! Rotten luck.

Here’s something to cheer you up – the Terrifyingly Bad Luck Bonus!
Congratulations! You’ve won

2000 Neopoints

I just got a message saying that Trudy's Surprise had reset and was waiting for me, but when I got there, it said "Come back tomorrow for more prizes" when I haven't even had a successful spin since Sunday (like I said upthread, it would spin but it wouldn't have a pop-up saying how much I won and I didn't earn any NP from it)

Anyone else having that problem? Unless that changes, I'm not going to be able to spin again until tomorrow, which is kind of a bummer :( I hope everything gets fully worked out soon!