Altador Cup Prize Shop Open and Results are In!

Mouseykins

Head on over to the Altador Cup Prize Shop now to claim your goodies!

winners.jpg

Additionally, the Staff Tournament Prize Shop is open as well, so there are more goodies to receive.

Faerieland came so close to third that's just crazy! I'm sure we can place higher next round, maybe even having a higher rank this year will bring more people to our team ;)

I'm not entirely impressed with the prize shop, there's a few years where I wished I started earlier so I could get a higher priced prize, but the one's higher than the stamp didn't even interest me, the Yooyu was cute though! I was hoping for some more faerie thing to add to my collection though, no such luck, just one :(

I made all star and was on the  Mystery Island  team and still didn't get enough points to get the top prize :sad01_anim:

Congrats on being on the winning team!

But yeah, unfortunately having your team win doesn't actually affect your prize points.

I absolutely LOVE the trophy design this year!  I really wanted to at least get to rank 17 so I could get a gold trophy this year, but with work and all, it was all I could do to make it to rank 13 and a silver trophy.

Edit:  I thought the trophy colors (gold, silver) went in accordance to the rank shield colors, but looking at user look-ups, I see that is not the case.  Rank 11 is a bronze shield, but a silver trophy.  Does anyone know how the trophies work?

I absolutely LOVE the trophy design this year!  I really wanted to at least get to rank 17 so I could get a gold trophy this year, but with work and all, it was all I could do to make it to rank 13 and a silver trophy.

Edit:  I thought the trophy colors (gold, silver) went in accordance to the rank shield colors, but looking at user look-ups, I see that is not the case.  Rank 11 is a bronze shield, but a silver trophy.  Does anyone know how the trophies work?

I'm not exactly sure how they work, but JellyNeo has a list of trophies. I think the difference in shield/trophy colours probably has something to do with the fact that there are no stone trophies, even though rank 5-8 have stone shields.

There's two items that have to do with my galleries, but other than that not much I'm interested in. I feel kind of glad I'm not into yooyuball/the Altador Cup so I don't feel the sting of not being able to "afford" a lot of the stuff that badly, lol. 

I always do much better in the Staff Cup. I can afford the top prize there. 

I always do much better in the Staff Cup. I can afford the top prize there. 

The amount of points you get for the staff prize shop's really disproportionate to the AC prizes, isn't it. That seems totally weird to me.

I wasn't too devoted this year, however, the lower-price items seem better than those which cost thousands of points O.o that's weird, the only thing I really like, except for the Yooyu of course, was the yooyu-themed graffiti background and the snack stall, other than that are just weak. Not disappointed I haven't played much ^.^
I like staff tournament prizes more, though they are not impressive either.
I am unfortunate to miss the stamp as always,and that's it what I regret

I was completely swamped with 14 hour work days for my new job almost every day of the cup. I did so much worse this year than my previous years, but I did achieve my personal goal knowing that my hours were going to be so awful. I can get every prize in the shop that I want except for the stamp...

So is anyone looking to swap a stamp for something? I can go through my sdb for things you might have interest in or try to find something you'd like? ^^; Feel free to NM or PM.

I was completely swamped with 14 hour work days for my new job almost every day of the cup. I did so much worse this year than my previous years, but I did achieve my personal goal knowing that my hours were going to be so awful. I can get every prize in the shop that I want except for the stamp...

So is anyone looking to swap a stamp for something? I can go through my sdb for things you might have interest in or try to find something you'd like? ^^; Feel free to NM or PM.

Most of what I want is cheap and I have 8k to spend. I could get a second AC stamp and sell/trade you for it. You can check out my wishlist in the button in my signature. PM me if you'd like to make a deal. I've received similar kind offers for event stamps that I've just missed so it's time I pay it forward to someone else who missed out. :)

Ha, yeah. The prizes are as disappointing as we were all hoping they weren't going to be. >_<

ite_acy18_cactus.gif Hairy butthole cactus, anyone?

I like the vases of flowers, that's about it to be honest.

Hilarious!!! :woot: Now that you've said that, I can't think of it as a yooyu at all! So I guess I won't mind NOT squandering my measly 13,000 points on it.Thanks jellysundae! I like the way you think. My sisters, moonlit_danaa and mintmilanos, are probably at the Prize Shop now pointing at that cactus going: "What are THOSE??!!"  :laughingsmiley:

@Wildbreeze & anyone else worried about wanting to go for a big prize but not able to get the "smaller" prizes, you could just wait til the prizes 'drop' in the shops-say 2-3 months but definitely don't try to pick up these smaller prizes right before ACXII. ;) I probably will go for at least 1 stamp (maybe 2) and then take on double of those team armors-are they BD items like the shields were? they are not pretty either (& I'm being kind). :medieval:

Happy to be of service :laughingsmiley: Whoever drew that...thing...the troll was strong in them, I'm convinced. Maybe they had to stay late on a Friday night to finish the AC prizes, who knows...

Artist: Yay, it's Friday and nearly time to go home, pizza and beer HERE I COME!! :woot:

Boss: Hey where do you think you're going? The AC prize shop items aren't finished yet, you're not going anywhere until those are done.

Artist: Seriously?! :thumbsdown:  :shiftyeyes_anim: *sits back down and draws a plant that looks like their Grandad's dog's behind...* :whistle:

OK, jellysundae, your comments are killing me lol... My boyfriend doesn't even play neo but I showed him your post and he almost spit out his coffee ;) If only they'd called it a starfish not a cactus... I may have been able to overlook it lol. 

I managed to snag a stamp (also all I really wanted), and I grabbed the background too. That cleaned me out, but it was an easy decision when I saw how the dress looked on DTI... 

After extreme thinking, I have decided not to buy 29 TNT Coffee Mugs. XD

Also, Claw Gloves that can't be worn or equipped, yet they cost 7000 points?!

Designer: Hey, what do you want me to do with this item called Claw Gloves?

JumpStart: Who cares, there's a pizza party at the Artist's house!

Designer: Good thinking, those buffoons will keep playing either way!

JumpStart: Save your breath, it could be used for eating pizza!

Designer: Gift item it is! See ya at the party!

Ignore me, I got it wrong!

After extreme thinking, I have decided not to buy 29 TNT Coffee Mugs. XD

Also, Claw Gloves that can't be worn or equipped, yet they cost 7000 points?!

THANK YOU!! You prevented me from trying to see if it was a BD item the hard way, Sheepit! *phew* I did buy 7 stupid AC Staff fans thinking they were BD items-they are NOT! They are Grooming items-just how or why would you groom your pet with a fan?!  :sad01_anim:

For the AC Prizes-none of the food items-yooyu rice bowl, pudding cups, or cookies are gourmet food. :shiftyeyes_anim:

The Books (in the low range bracket) -Jar of Archive Books & Tissue Box Book are able to be read by your pet. :rolleyes_anim:

The Yooyu Duster IS a BD item & can be equipped!  :rambo:

Still don't know about the armor just yet, being cautious for now after the Staff-Prizes-fiasco.  :laughingsmiley:

Thanks for all your humor, it helps me overcome my disappointment! 

This pizza party at the artist's house...sounding like it could turn into some Frat House level of disaster if it's gonna involve those claw gloves to eat the pizzas with :laughingsmiley: 

All I can say is, good thing Neopia doesn't have any form of social media. xD

Disclaimer: No responsibility is admitted to for any beverage incidents caused by this or any other post.

Omg I can totally see making this into a longer story, mainly because people are frustrated with the prize shop. So, here it goes...

Inter-dimensional Chaos by Sheepit

---------------------------------------------

After the Designer leaves the room, JumpStart looks at the Designer's work.

JumpStart: GIFT ITEM?! I know people will get mad about that...

JumpStart changes it to a battledome weapon. A half hour later, they arrive at the party. They see many people there.

Artist: Welcome to my pizza party! Unfortunately I have run out of beer, so help yourself to some tap water!

YurbleFan57: Oh for Kacheek's sake! I can't get drunk off of tap water!

Sheepit: Well lookie here, a designer is here! How about designing the poor sober folks some beer?

YurbleFan57: Who said I was sober? WHO SAID IT?!

Artist: I could draw some beer and we could pretend it's real!

Designer: Uhh... that's not how-

JumpStart: Everyone calm down or I'll pay you guys in neopoints for a week!

The Designer and Artist quickly calm down.

JumpStart: Hey, I've got an idea! I've been working on a totally not sketchy way to cross dimensions into Neopia... wanna take the party there?

Sheepit: Hey that sounds fun!

Everyone agrees to enter the sketchy teleporter device that JumpStart made overnight.

JumpStart: Okay everyone, hold on to your beer...

YurbleFan57: WE DON'T HAVE ANY B-

Suddenly, lights flash and flicker! They are sucked into the Neopia dimension!

Artist: Wow, so this is Neopia?

Designer: *sarcastically* Nooo, we're in Chinatown...

JumpStart: Wow, this place is freakier than I imagined.

Sheepit: Well lets go look in a shop, there's a shop over there next to that coliseum!

The gang travels over to the shop. To no surprise, the Artist and Designer see the items they worked on.

Artist: Hey, it's those stupid Claw Gloves that I drew! *points to the item*

YurbleFan57: Who cares who drew them, will it open my beer?!!

Designer: I thought you didn't have any beer...

YurbleFan57: Lets not get caught up on details! I found it, okay?

Shopkeeper: Ah, so you got your eyes on my Claw Gloves... Well in total, you guys only have 5419 points. You need 7000 to purchase the item.

Sheepit: Holy sheep! Didn't any of you guys play all the rounds?!

Designer: I played one round of the staff tournament during a lunch break. That must be how many I got.

JumpStart: Alright Artist, just draw up some more points or you're fired!

The artist draws up 1581 points. They can now afford the Claw Gloves!

Designer: Couldn't you have just drawn the Claw Gl-

YurbleFan57: Enough talking! I want to open my beer!

YurbleFan57 struggles to open the beer with the Claw Gloves. He tries one last time with all of his strength, and the Claw Gloves break and disintegrate.

Sheepit: Well good thing they weren't made into a battle item!

JumpStart: They were made into a battledome item! Sheepit, where are you getting your sources?! Obviously they weren't made to open a beer.

Artist: Well this was a colossal waste of time, lets look for a better shop. I see one up ahead.

The gang walks into the coliseum and sees a better looking shop.

Pink Kyrii: Welcome to the Altador Cup Prize Shop! Your one-stop shop for all your point-spending needs! We have a wide var-

YurbleFan57: Eww, why are you selling prickly buttholes?! That's more disgusting than Elephante Dung!

Designer: Legends say it once was a pig that got too close to a cactus.

Artist: That's not a butthole you ninconpoop, it's a cactus! A plain old cactus!

JumpStart: Since when are plain old cacti pink and shaped like a disgusting looking flower?

Artist: You gave me a 30 minute deadline on that drawing! I shaped it like a Yooyu.

YurbleFan57: Well you also shaped it like a butthol-

Artist: If I hear the word butthole again I'm gonna freak out!

Sheepit: Who cares what it's shaped like! It opened the beer!

YurbleFan57: Sweet precious alcohol! The cause and solution to all of life's problems!

YurbleFan57 quickly drinks the beer. How refreshing!

JumpStart: Alright we opened your stupid beer, lets get out of this place.

Designer: Wait, can't we go in one more shop? Pweasee? *puppy eyes*

JumpStart: Fine! I'll teleport us to a random shop!

JumpStart teleports them to a random shop. They see all the shops flash before their eyes, and they finally land on one.

Shopkeeper: Welcome to the Gross Foods Shop! Would you care to try some Chewing Dung?

Sheepit: Yes I would care! Who in their right mind would chew on Chewing Dung?!

Sheepit looks to her left and sees the Designer and Artist already munching on the Chewing Dung.

Designer: Wow, it's so chewy!

Artist: I know, you can really taste the dung!

JumpStart: Did you guys forget we still have pizza back at the party? Lets get out of here!

Everyone is super excited to go back to the party to enjoy some pizza! JumpStart presses the button to go back to the party. Everyone turns and looks in shock.

oKdJfQC.png

THE END

Well, that was a strange one...

*snorts* Should have realised that the butthole *cough* cactus would make an excellent bottle opener! :laughingsmiley:

TNT should totally rename it :shiftyeyes_anim:

But the big question here is...

WHO IS THE PIZZA THIEF!!

*snorts* Should have realised that the butthole *cough* cactus would make an excellent bottle opener! :laughingsmiley:

TNT should totally rename it :shiftyeyes_anim:

But the big question here is...

WHO IS THE PIZZA THIEF!!

Haha, maybe there will be a part 2... :p

Seriously though, what were they thinking? xD Even as a cactus shaped Yooyu, it looks hideous!